ImageImageImageImageImage

If we dont make the playoffs is zeke back next year?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

DDV
General Manager
And1: 0

If we dont make the playoffs is zeke back next year? 

Post#1 » by DDV » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:21 pm

just wodnering what everyones opinion on this is

i know dolans dumb but after another horrible year this year i think at the end of the year he finally cans isiah..
Starksfor3
RealGM
And1: 902

Post#2 » by Starksfor3 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:23 pm

With a normal owner with a slight hint of intellect, Isiah would be fired if we miss the playoffs.

So in our case, no. Isiah will be here next year as he continues to con Dolan into giving him extra chances.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#3 » by gavran » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:27 pm

Teams with a 13-28 record don't make the playoffs, so it doesn't matter if it's the offseason or before the AS break. Isiah is here now, he will be here after the season ends.
wambam78
Senior

Post#4 » by wambam78 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:28 pm

If we go 38-44 and miss by 2 games, yes.

If we go 26-56, isiah is gone

If we win 34,35 games.... ??? Probably. 1 game better is "progress"
and maybe we can see some more "this is gonna be a great year" "this is our year" Eddy curry?! Zbo?! Q ?! Marbury?! Are you kidding? This team is going to be special!!! ... Commercials for another year :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :nonono: :nonono:
richard
Banned User

Post#5 » by richard » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:28 pm

yes, isiah will be there till he's dead, remember.
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#6 » by drj » Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:51 pm

I say that unless Isiah can close out the season strong (=make a run at making the playoffs, do enough to convince people to have hope and buy tickets for next year), he is fired in the off-season.

All we've heard publicly from Dolan is that Isiah is staying for now -- and this was only after a long period of speculation that Isiah was about to be fired. I don't think Dolan has said ANYTHING more, certainly not anything about next season.

We've heard whispers that Isiah will have the full season to work with, but at the same time we've heard whispers that Mullin has been contacted about possible interest in taking over. And we also know that Dolan can act in surprising ways (e.g. firing of Layden).
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,282

Post#7 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:09 pm

It is impossible to tell with Dolan.

But I think with everything that has happened with this franchise Isiah will be fired at the end of the year. He has to be, right?? Oh man, and I am close to ranting...
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
nynixlive
Sixth Man
And1: 38

Post#8 » by nynixlive » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:13 pm

If he can best last years record I say keep him.

Listen if we start at 23 games, and then 33 games and this year 35 games, why WOULDNT you keep him? I mean at this rate even if takes 20 years, at some point we will be 82-0! TREND UP!

MUTHA FUGGIN GREEN FONT BEATCH
maddbaron
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#9 » by maddbaron » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:23 pm

yup...i think he n dolan talk often n he is telling dolan if we dont make playoffs its time to do a real rebuild n he should do it his drafting records backs him up not his free agent signings(tho those moves were win now signings dont know about his rebuild now signings)...if he does deals just for picks and shorter deals and brings a ticket drawer from the draft i dont see dolan firing him b/c essentially he will be doing what everyone said needed to be done...rebuilding....i dont see dolan hiring someone else to do what zeke himself is likely telling dolan needs to be done...dolan is a loyal guy who doesnt like rocking the boat...zeke has a contract why pay two salaries for doing the thing that needs to be done...

now if the knicks dont win another game then yeah he's gone...
Ignitowsky
General Manager
And1: 2,494

Post#10 » by Ignitowsky » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:48 pm

He didn't get fired after the Larry Brown fiasco

He got an extension last season because we looked sort of ok for a couple of months

He didn't get fired after we ended at 49-33 last season

After the trial fiasco he didn't get fired when there was pressure from everyone, even Stern, to fire him.

we're 13-28

Zeke is still coach/President

Dolan, either

doesn't care

doesn't have a clue

knows that Zeke has major dirt on him

In any case, Zeke is going nowhere
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#11 » by fimslim3 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:48 pm

It isn't about the playoffs, if the Knicks are still generating a revenue then Isiah Thomas will still be here. Dolan wont cut his losses and fire Isiah because it means paying out the rest of his contract. He'll either wait till next season till his contract is up and decide then if he want to hire or fire.
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#12 » by drj » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:00 am

fimslim3 wrote:It isn't about the playoffs, if the Knicks are still generating a revenue then Isiah Thomas will still be here. Dolan wont cut his losses and fire Isiah because it means paying out the rest of his contract. He'll either wait till next season till his contract is up and decide then if he want to hire or fire.

Right on, revenue is key.
That's why Layden got fired apparently -- Mills had the stats that showed fans has stopped coming to games.
It's all a question of whether Isiah can still sell suckerrr... I mean fans... on hype and smoke and empty promises.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#13 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:24 am

fimslim3 wrote:It isn't about the playoffs, if the Knicks are still generating a revenue then Isiah Thomas will still be here. Dolan wont cut his losses and fire Isiah because it means paying out the rest of his contract. He'll either wait till next season till his contract is up and decide then if he want to hire or fire.

Did you plagirize this post too?
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#14 » by fimslim3 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:40 am

You wanted me to prove a point, I couldn't show you a link to another forum, don't ya think?

Post edited.

Return to New York Knicks