ImageImageImageImageImage

LB- MSG Had "Spies On Me"

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#81 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:14 am

TheSSloser wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You really are one of the most ungrateful posters ever. You've asked me a couple times to find old links for you and I have. You can't back up your statment that's fine. But don't come across stating it as a fact. Not to mention that I made that post only seconds before I finished another post.

LOL

I once posted that I needed a link to an old thread and you found it, then I thanked you for it...

LOL --- get outta here, man... You get the gasface!
JoeT
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#82 » by JoeT » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:14 am

Sounds good, have you written any new articles of late?

I work for DraftExpress. I contribute to articles every week. I don't write on the Knicks anymore. I haven't contributed to RealGM in over two years. Too busy doing other things to bolster my resume.
JoeT
Bench Warmer

Post#83 » by JoeT » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:16 am

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

How does that address the Francis trade and the press conference I am referencing?

Devil's Advocate: Who knows that if within the 24 to 48 hours, that LB didn't ask him to do otherwise? The article does say he's "riding with the coach" and that it's the players who would have to go.

Isiah said he'd only do exactly what he wanted. He talked about him and Dolan having a plan for the Knicks, and not straying from that plan. He said this within a day of trading for Francis. If he changed his mind in that period of 24 hours, he shows a lack of integrity as he would've went back on his word.

This article either shows that Isiah's word means nothing or that Francis was exactly what he wanted.
JoeT
Bench Warmer

Post#84 » by JoeT » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:18 am

Ah yes, you told me before. Have you been able to cover DeAndre Jordan?

Not formally. I've watched him a bit, but not in-depth yet. I'll be looking at everyone with the comprehensive video tape we have access to later in the season. I wrote a very detailed report on Beasley and Griffin recently, though, and hope to write one on Pargo and Rose in their matchup this Saturday, providing it's noteworthy enough.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#85 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:20 am

JoeT wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Isiah said he'd only do exactly what he wanted. He talked about him and Dolan having a plan for the Knicks, and not straying from that plan. He said this within a day of trading for Francis. If he changed his mind in that period of 24 hours, he shows a lack of integrity as he would've went back on his word.

This article either shows that Isiah's word means nothing or that Francis was exactly what he wanted.

Again, you are focusing on the article before the trade.

Did you see the MSG press conference when they introduced Steve Francis? If so, do you recall IT deferring a question about the trade & Francis' role on the team to Larry Brown? That is what I'm referencing. All that you are inferrring is fine, but that is not what I am debating.
JoeT
Bench Warmer

Post#86 » by JoeT » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:23 am

Again, you are focusing on the article before the trade.

Did you see the MSG press conference when they introduced Steve Francis? If so, do you recall IT deferring a question about the trade & Francis' role on the team to Larry Brown? That is what I'm referencing. All that you are inferrring is fine, but that is not what I am debating.

The article was the day before the trade. Isiah said any move he'd make before the deadline would have to be "exactly what I wanted." That applies directly to the Francis deal, whether you want to believe it or not.

I remember the press conference. Larry sounded completely flustered trying to explain why on earth he'd want Francis, who goes against every principle he teaches as a coach, and looked completely miserable to be there in general. What Larry thinks is irrelevant, though, as Isiah made the move, and as Isiah said, it was exactly what he wanted.
TheSSloser
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#87 » by TheSSloser » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:29 am

Doesn't Francis remind you of Isiah as a player. Both scoring gaurds that commit turnovers? Also when Francis was acquired from the Knicks, they led the NBA in turnovers.I am guessing Isiah knew this problem, so why go out acquire a player who averages nearly 4 turnovers per game for his career when your team problem is turnovers?
JoeT
Bench Warmer

Post#88 » by JoeT » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:30 am

TheSSloser wrote:Doesn't Francis remind you of Isiah as a player. Both scoring gaurds that commit turnovers? Also when Francis was acquired from the Knicks, they led the NBA in turnovers.I am guessing Isiah knew this problem, so go out acquire a player who averages nearly 4 turnovers per game for his career when your team problem is turnovers?

Isiah also claimed the team was rebuilding the day before they acquired Francis. Not sure how rebuilding applies when you're trading a 20-year-old prospect for a 28-year-old point guard in his prime, which is what Francis was at the time, give or take a year.

Then again, while the starting lineup has 37 years combined NBA experience now, Isiah still claims we're rebuilding. That's going by the Marbury-Jamal-Q-Zach-Eddy lineup.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#89 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:03 am

JoeT
Bench Warmer

Post#90 » by JoeT » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:14 am

StutterStep wrote:
CHARLESTON, S.C., Oct. 6
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,134

Post#91 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:15 am

I believe that Larry asked for both Francis and Rose...

...to be traded for Stephon Marbury.

Larry hated Steph. Their contracts/positions nearly match up. Marbury talked about the "hard juice card". Antonio Davis was the main player on the Knicks that supported LB. Both trades are carbon copies of other trades Isiah has made. Neither Francis or Rose is a typical LB player.

I do not believe that LB orchestrated the deals that happened. He wanted Marbury gone.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#92 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:20 am

JoeT wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There never was a debate about that. What Brown wanted was irrelevant. Thomas said he made the move that was exactly what he wanted, not what Brown wanted. If those two things coincided, then they coincided. It really doesn't matter, though, as Larry wasn't the GM.

Then what were you debating when you jumped into the fray for fimslim? He was questioning whether Brown ever wanted Francis (and Jalen Rose).

Isiah was on record, as shown in your article, that he was fully supporting the coach. So, if the coach asked for a player and being that he invested so much in the coach (moneywise), he was appeasing the guy.
JoeT
Bench Warmer

Post#93 » by JoeT » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:23 am

Then what were you debating when you jumped into the fray for fimslim? He was questioning whether Brown ever wanted Francis (and Jalen Rose).

Isiah was on record, as shown in your article, that he was fully supporting the coach. So, if the coach asked for a player and being that he invested so much in the coach (moneywise), he was appeasing the guy.

In retrospect, I don't know why I jumped into the fray. I thought someone was suggesting Isiah didn't want Francis, which is untrue. My only stance is Isiah is 100% accountable for every move he makes as GM.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#94 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:24 am

^Well, I agree with both statements.
DoubtingThomas
Junior
And1: 0

Post#95 » by DoubtingThomas » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:44 am

It was Thomas's job to assemble the roster, and manage the cap. If you have followed the nba for any length of time you know that Larry Brown's desires to acquire and trade players changes every day. As the gm/president Thomas needed filter that and use his own judgement. He was incompetent back then also.

Return to New York Knicks