ImageImageImageImageImage

LB- MSG Had "Spies On Me"

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#21 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:46 am

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

He was also right about Curry and Marbury. But of course he doesn't get credit for that.
who the hell hasnt said those things about Curry and Marbury? Only Isiah.

Did anyone really think marbruy would become a great leader and defensive stopper/playmaker?

Did anyone really think Curry would become the hardworking total package?

get real. the only reason we could get these guys was because they were flawed. but you take the best you can get and then you make the best out of them. not what Brown did which was to make the worst out of each player
•Hustle Harder•
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by •Hustle Harder• » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:49 am

NoLayupRule wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

who the hell hasnt said those things about Curry and Marbury? Only Isiah.

Did anyone really think marbruy would become a great leader and defensive stopper/playmaker?

get real. the only reason we could get these guys was because they were flawed. but you take the best you can get and then you make the best out of them. not what Brown did which was to make the worst out of each player

What? How many people here were saying "OH MY GOD, WE HAVE MARBURY" and "Curry is the biggest presence on this team since Patrick Ewing". Come on now, Isiah tricked us all when he came, he uses his soft voice to get over and cover for everything he has done wrong. He kicked out Don Cheney, Lenny Wilkins, Larry Brown, etc. He's the biggest turd on earth, he needs to go off himself.
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#23 » by cmaff051 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:50 am

NoLayupRule wrote:

You did last year. Let's not try and revise history.

You thought Curry had the potential to be a player who played on both sides of the ball last year. A common excuse for Curry from you was that he was only 24 years old. Let's not revise history.

You get real. You've been living in a world of unrealistic optomism about this team since I've registered. You thought Marbury could be a good leader and play good defense last year. You thought Curry was still young enough to put it together. Let's not revise history.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#24 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:04 am

[quote="cmaff051"][/quote]

Larry bailed on Philly after years of trading youth for vets, and that franchise ain't been the same.

Then, he returns after we fire his a$$ and pushes Billy King to trade AI -- the only reason King was able to hold onto his damn job.

Larry Brown is not the answer. If he was he'd be a coach or gm somewhere. After Detroit, we were the only fools to hire him.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#25 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:11 am

cmaff051 wrote:And let me say this, it just amazes me how the usual suspects (NLR, StutterStep) time after time defend the way MSG runs their business. The sleazy way it ran out Don Chaney was evidence enough of how low this company is willing to go to enact its media policy. But time after time the blame falls solely on Larry Brown, and everybody turns their head and pretends that MSG is innocent. Some of you really need to get a clue, the way MSG runs its business is not acceptable and never has been.

Dude, you are a johnny-come-lately who just heard of Larry Brown yesterday. I was watching Larry coach since NJ, LAC and college ball at Kansas and UCLA.

I became a fan of his because of his times at NJN and Kansas (both teams I followed as high schooler). Larry shytted on both, so I stopped supporting him, until he started coaching AI -- who I liked very much.

Larry proceeded to constantly bash the guy, but AI stood tall and withstood it.

But as a johnny-come-lately, all you saw was Larry's success and Detroit; not realizing the guy operates strictly on his own best interest.

I don't condone how MSG does business, but I tend to side with owners who spend money. So, shoot me!

Do you know why IT did Chaney dirty? Let me clue you in: Chaney was the one who sent IT to the bench at the end of his career with no warning for a second year PG that IT wanted the franchise to draft and groom. That shyt was personal, but hey Chaney should have known it was coming, just like IT knew that Bird's hire would mean his firing in Indy.

You need to stop making these generalizations that people are clueless when your only track record on this board is to discuss non-basketall-playing topics. You are never engaged in strategy, but when it comes to gossip, OT, and bashing -- here the fk you come...

Now, please "get off my dyk and tell your bytch to come here!"
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#26 » by cmaff051 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:14 am

StutterStep wrote:You are never engaged in strategy, but when it comes to gossip, OT, and bashing -- here the fk you come..

That sounds more of what you provide to this forum. :rofl: :rofl:
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#27 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:16 am

cmaff051 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That sounds more of what you provide to this forum. :rofl: :rofl:

Based on this answer, I will take it that you are johnny-come-lately who doesn't know what the fk he's talking about.

Cool.

Have a nice day.
•Hustle Harder•
Banned User

Post#28 » by •Hustle Harder• » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:17 am

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Larry bailed on Philly after years of trading youth for vets, and that franchise ain't been the same.

Then, he returns after we fire his a$$ and pushes Billy King to trade AI -- the only reason King was able to hold onto his damn job.

Larry Brown is not the answer. If he was he'd be a coach or gm somewhere. After Detroit, we were the only fools to hire him.
'

You do realise that AI himself was also pushing for a trade and that the 76ers are so much better without Allen Iverson because he was holding back the development of Andre iguodala who is now playing at an all star type level.

Billy King got himself fired, making stupid decision after stupid decision, drafting swing man after swingman. How do you expect to build a team when you draft players who were just as raw as Igudoala and play the same position?!

King did nothing to retain his job, and he did not bring in proper talent to surround AI to make a second run for an NBA championship. The best player he brought in was Chris Webber who was shot after his first season in a 76ers uniform.
TwelvePac
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#29 » by TwelvePac » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:18 am

Isiah brouht LB to silence critics of the ridiculous way he handled the coaching hire he made. But ,as usual , he did not have a plan in place to make the Larry Brown hiring work (i.e. re-shaping the roster to apeace the eccentric coach) . The rest followed in typical MSG soap opera fashion.

Me, I would have liked to see what a re-shaped roster with LB would have accomplished. Unfortunately, the 2 jerks turned it into a pissing contest and incredibly enough, one of them is still around with us. :nonono:
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#30 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:34 am

[quote="
•Hustle Harder•
Banned User

Post#31 » by •Hustle Harder• » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:36 am

[quote="StutterStep"][/quote]

I think Ed Stefanski is going to change the losing ways of the 76ers. Look already what he did, he got rid of an overpaid Kyle korver, brough in an expiring contract along with a first round draft choice. That is a terrific move even if the pick ends up being a no one.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#32 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:37 am

Mafu wrote:Isiah brouht LB to silence critics of the ridiculous way he handled the coaching hire he made. But ,as usual , he did not have a plan in place to make the Larry Brown hiring work (i.e. re-shaping the roster to apeace the eccentric coach) . The rest followed in typical MSG soap opera fashion.

Me, I would have liked to see what a re-shaped roster with LB would have accomplished. Unfortunately, the 2 jerks turned it into a pissing contest and incredibly enough, one of them is still around with us. :nonono:

Coming off the Olympics debacle where he was bashing the nation's best players, followed by how he weaseled his way out of Detroit, I thought hiring LB was not the right choice.

I wanted Adelman or simply give Herb the job and say, "we're rebuilding".
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#33 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:39 am

[quote="
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#34 » by TKF » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:42 am

cmaff051 wrote:And let me say this, it just amazes me how the usual suspects (NLR, StutterStep) time after time defend the way MSG runs their business. The sleazy way it ran out Don Chaney was evidence enough of how low this company is willing to go to enact its media policy. But time after time the blame falls solely on Larry Brown, and everybody turns their head and pretends that MSG is innocent. Some of you really need to get a clue, the way MSG runs its business is not acceptable and never has been.

what Isiah did to chaney was absolutely dirty, and humiliating.. and then came on the letterman show and laughed at it.. what a snake.. I tried to support Isiah, but I never forgot that move.... I hope chaney shows up at the knicks game chanting "fire Isiah"...

why should I believe MSG? It is ran by a drunk and a snake...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#35 » by TKF » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:44 am

StutterStep wrote:

Dude, you are a johnny-come-lately who just heard of Larry Brown yesterday. I was watching Larry coach since NJ, LAC and college ball at Kansas and UCLA.

I became a fan of his because of his times at NJN and Kansas (both teams I followed as high schooler). Larry shytted on both, so I stopped supporting him, until he started coaching AI -- who I liked very much.

Larry proceeded to constantly bash the guy, but AI stood tall and withstood it.

But as a johnny-come-lately, all you saw was Larry's success and Detroit; not realizing the guy operates strictly on his own best interest.

I don't condone how MSG does business, but I tend to side with owners who spend money. So, shoot me!

Do you know why IT did Chaney dirty? Let me clue you in: Chaney was the one who sent IT to the bench at the end of his career with no warning for a second year PG that IT wanted the franchise to draft and groom. That shyt was personal, but hey Chaney should have known it was coming, just like IT knew that Bird's hire would mean his firing in Indy.You need to stop making these generalizations that people are clueless when your only track record on this board is to discuss non-basketall-playing topics. You are never engaged in strategy, but when it comes to gossip, OT, and bashing -- here the fk you come...

Now, please "get off my dyk and tell your bytch to come here!"

LOL. I didn't know that, but Isiah has a history of backbiting his whole career....
Moochie25
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#36 » by Moochie25 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:02 am

i don't care... larry brown **** sucks and is a **** scumbag

^^ should be the reaction of every knicks fan
Moochie25
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#37 » by Moochie25 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:03 am

i actually got the knicks media guide today (a little late, i know) but it was HILARIOUS reading the knicks BS PR people trying to paint dolan, mills, thomas, etc. in a positive light... it was downright pathetic
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#38 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:07 am

TKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LOL. I didn't know that, but Isiah has a history of backbiting his whole career....

Yep. Chaney had just gotten fired by Houston, one or two years removed from winning coach of the year.

Detroit realizes it has to rebuild, then hires him as coach. The org is ready to hand over the keys to IT then Dumars upon their retirement. The draft comes -- IT targets Lyndsey Hunter as his replacement; Dumars, Allan Houston.

They mentor the young guys during year one. In year two, Dumars gets to start but not IT... IT eventually gets injured, turns down a trade to the Knicks and decides to retire instead.

Payback is a bytch, but I would have humiliated Cheney too. I hated him as our coach.
Vdizle
Senior

Post#39 » by Vdizle » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:38 am

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yep. Chaney had just gotten fired by Houston, one or two years removed from winning coach of the year.

Detroit realizes it has to rebuild, then hires him as coach. The org is ready to hand over the keys to IT then Dumars upon their retirement. The draft comes -- IT targets Lyndsey Hunter as his replacement; Dumars, Allan Houston.

They mentor the young guys during year one. In year two, Dumars gets to start but not IT... IT eventually gets injured, turns down a trade to the Knicks and decides to retire instead.

Payback is a bytch, but I would have humiliated Cheney too. I hated him as our coach.

Thats some bull lmao ...you can write novels with that imagination.
ITGM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
The Only reason Donnie and Mike D took the job is because Stern promised them a top 2 pick. Stern Screwed them both...F U STERN!!!
Isiah killed the knicks
Junior

Post#40 » by Isiah killed the knicks » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:44 am

NoLayupRule wrote:Oh boo hoo larry brown. everyone is always conspiring against you.

come one people. now we are pineing for brown to come back? cant you people even remember 2 seasons ago at the fiasco he was?

Yeah, remeber the fiasco when when brown had the garden dragged into court and lost a sexual harrassment suit.....

oh yeah, whoops that was the other guy.

Return to New York Knicks