ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Nets getting BLOWN OUT

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#21 » by mjhp911 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:18 am

Clincher wrote:Its so embarassing the Nets would be in the playoffs right now. I am sorry but you dont lose 3 games to this Knicks team in 1 year. Thats inexcusable.

Ouch...
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 697

Post#22 » by Clincher » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:21 am

mjhp911 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ouch...

I root for our team, but man you know this team isnt that good. :cry:
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#23 » by Jstarks3 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:24 am

optimusadl wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Exactly and the Nets are supposed to be "SUPERIOR" since they have Kidd, Jefferson, and Collins. :roll:

Nothing is guaranteed.

dude are you drunk?

Redd = Ray Allen?

Jason Collins = Vince Carter?
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#24 » by GuyverADL » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:25 am

Clincher wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I root for our team, but man you know this team isnt that good. :cry:

People didnt say that in the beginning of the season. They were making excuses like Kidd was injured and yada yada yada. Now they getting beat on.

The Nets just dont care.

If Kidd is moved to a team like Dallas. :o

People telling us we should tank?

Minnesota, Miami, Memphis, and Nets will likely be going into all out tank mode soon when they start trading away assets for youth and picks.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#25 » by GuyverADL » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:27 am

Jstarks3 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

dude are you drunk?

Redd = Ray Allen?

Jason Collins = Vince Carter?

According to posters here Carter is a chucker who gives up. So I didnt even mention him.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#26 » by TKF » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:27 am

Clincher wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And we went to 2OT with the Kings................

Granted they didnt have Bibby but I dont think hes the difference between a 30 plus point blowout and a 2OT close game.

yea, I read the nets wrong this year, I thought they would give the celtics a run, but I didn't expect kristic to be out this long, and I didn't expect vince to age overnight it seems...

Marcus williams looks fat, I know he has been injured, but damn, what has he been doing? sitting around eating twinkies...

the nets, I can see them making a move, there is always a sucker out there looking to starphuch for vince.. can anyone say Isiah? :roll:
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#27 » by GuyverADL » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:32 am

TKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

yea, I read the nets wrong this year, I thought they would give the celtics a run, but I didn't expect kristic to be out this long, and I didn't expect vince to age overnight it seems...

Marcus williams looks fat, I know he has been injured, but damn, what has he been doing? sitting around eating twinkies...

the nets, I can see them making a move, there is always a sucker out there looking to starphuch for vince.. can anyone say Isiah? :roll:

You got players going through the motions because they know they aren't going anywhere.

Carter looks like he's back in Toronto.

Kidd is trying to get moved before the deadline.

If Thomas can wait till Kidd is traded and swoop in and grab Carter for Balkman, Richardson , and Rose. Then I'd do it.
Jemini80
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#28 » by Jemini80 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:41 am

Kristic sucks
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#29 » by aq_ua » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:20 am

I think we've just got to accept the fact that any move we make between now and the draft is moving players for shorter contracts and/or draft picks. That's it. No roster talent improvement initiatives, no trading away young players, and definitely DEFINITELY no trading away draft picks.

All the trades conceivably available today, Artest, Bibby, Jermaine O'Neal, Vince Carter, Ben Wallace, Tracy McGrady, will all still be available when the season ends and we've secured a really good draft pick.

Then, next season, we can actually field a talented team (hopefully with some semblance of chemistry) and be prepared to give up the pick to Utah and put an end to the Marbury deal. Next season is when we need to be good, not this one.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,037

Post#30 » by Capn'O » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:24 am

They need to fire their coach about as much as we do.

...meanwhile...

How 'bout that Byron Scott and the Hornets. Good call 'ason.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#31 » by moocow007 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:34 am

If we get the 8th seed we are going deep in the playoffs.

I look at our young core of decent players and we got Lee and Robinson.

Sean Williams >> Lee
Marcus Williams < Robinson

That's ridiculous. Sean Williams has show what exactly that he's much better than Lee? That he can block shots?

And if Sean Williams is much better than Lee then Nate Robinson is leagues beyond Marcus Williams who is so good that he's lost his out of shape ass' job to a 43 year old.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,315

Post#32 » by gavran » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:53 am

According to posters here Carter is a chucker who gives up. So I didnt even mention him.

But you mentioned Jason f****n Collins, whos is by far the worst player on the league :rofl:
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#33 » by GuyverADL » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:40 pm

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

That's ridiculous. Sean Williams has show what exactly that he's much better than Lee? That he can block shots?

And if Sean Williams is much better than Lee then Nate Robinson is leagues beyond Marcus Williams who is so good that he's lost his out of shape ass' job to a 43 year old.

I like Lee as a player. Truth be told he can only rebound and dunk. His defense is a C at best. You have Williams who points also come from dunks but has shown a jumper close around the rim and has been swatting shots left and right.

I stated last year Lee's rebounding numbers were inflated because he played next to Charmin and Charmin Extra Fluffy(Curry).

Fact of the matter is the Net would laugh at a trade of Lee for Williams.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#34 » by GuyverADL » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:41 pm

gavran wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

But you mentioned Jason f****n Collins, whos is by far the worst player on the league :rofl:

You havent heard? Curry is the worst center in the league he doesnt rebound and is a poor defender.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#35 » by knicksNOTslick » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:54 pm

You got players going through the motions because they know they aren't going anywhere.

If Thomas can wait till Kidd is traded and swoop in and grab Carter for Balkman, Richardson , and Rose. Then I'd do it.

Nobody wants Vince anymore. I bet he's untradable now. Who's going to trade for a guy who sulks once the going gets tough. He doesn't deserve to be in the NBA. So much potential but he's all about himself. Reminds me of Marbury.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,315

Post#36 » by gavran » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:20 pm

You havent heard? Curry is the worst center in the league he doesnt rebound and is a poor defender.

But that does nothing to do with the fact that you mentioned Jason Collins as a reason why people think that the Nets are better then the Knicks. Seriously....Jason Collins? Ha mekes Q look like Lebron.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by TKF » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:48 pm

I like Lee as a player. Truth be told he can only rebound and dunk. His defense is a C at best. You have Williams who points also come from dunks but has shown a jumper close around the rim and has been swatting shots left and right.

I stated last year Lee's rebounding numbers were inflated because he played next to Charmin and Charmin Extra Fluffy(Curry).

Fact of the matter is the Net would laugh at a trade of Lee for Williams.

I think lee is a better defender than given credit for. He guards bigger guys than he does guys his size or smaller. He is a great finisher around the rim, simply because of his athleticism and ability to use both hands equally. he is a good passer and has a high bball IQ. that right there allows him to use his physical ability to the most.... I like sean williams, he may be slightly better scoring the ball than lee because he has a decent shot, but lets not get it twisted, look at the way both players play and the effect they have while they are on the floor... Lee does a lot of things that won't show up on stat sheets, but the fact that he averaged a double double, does not hurt his cause either..
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by TKF » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:52 pm

why? vince is going on 31, he just can't give a star effort every game, we would be doing the nets a huge favor, and for what? I am sorry, no need to make that kind of move..
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by TKF » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:57 pm

Capn'O wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They need to fire their coach about as much as we do.

...meanwhile...

How 'bout that Byron Scott and the Hornets. Good call 'ason.

Yea, jason kidd is a great player, but he isn't a saint. and he ran scott out of town.. well there you go.. that is what happens when you let the inmates run the assylum.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,037

Post#40 » by Capn'O » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:58 pm

Yea, jason kidd is a great player, but he isn't a saint. and he ran scott out of town.. well there you go.. that is what happens when you let the inmates run the assylum.

I would love to get Byron Scott but something tells me he'll choose to stick around N'awleens for awhile.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:

Return to New York Knicks