ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Just bought $100 worth of Starbury gear

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#21 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:30 am

HeyJimmy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes, he sure had a nice summer. I tell you, it was so nice of Stephon to be able to fit in those autograph signings between his cracked out sessions with the media, calling his wife a "ho," making countless appearances on youtube, and the grand finale...a courtroom appearance where he announced to the world he cheated on his wife with a Garden intern...in his truck.

Yeah, real nice fellow.

and still managed to better the lives of thousands even with his little autograph signings.. how many peoples lives did you better last summer? get a life, for real
fimslim3
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by fimslim3 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:36 am

KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

im not generalizing
You aren't? Then either this statement was made of pure ignorance or you are just a liar....
KnicksMetsJetsNova wrote:you always hear when athletes/celebrities make meaningful contributions

if you truly think what marbury is doing is not head and shoulders above 99% of professional athletes, you are either incredibly mistaken or just cannot possibly accept the fact that a player you hate is doing good things.. life's to short to spend time criticizing people for no reason, especially people doing positive things, whether you think its for self-image or not.. unless you can match what hes done, stfu.. im done with this thread, no point arguing people with blind hate, ill never win

He's also committed adultery, if you really think his chartable contribution was purely altruistic, you are surely mistaken.
HeyJimmy
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#23 » by HeyJimmy » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:44 am

and still managed to better the lives of thousands even with his little autograph signings.. how many peoples lives did you better last summer? get a life, for real

I know I didn't cheat on my wife. And my daughter knows that daddy is home and not out screwing the intern. But it's ok, an uneducated Stephon gets paid millions of dollars for dribbling a basketball, so everything is alright.
BullSoxChicago'sFinest
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#24 » by BullSoxChicago'sFinest » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:32 am

fixed

A lot of teams will require their players to do charity stuff, and a lot of it they keep quiet (I'm not looking at you NBA). I could see why you'd want it quiet, then everyone in the world starts asking for you, and if you can't do something, you get looked at badly.

I can't fault anyone who doesn't keep it quiet though, the whole point is that it's being done, and that's what should be praised, and with this Starbury thing, the whole point is to help sales and market the shoes or gear, so makes perfect sense that way too
Ralphie96
Starter
And1: 54

Post#25 » by Ralphie96 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:08 pm

HeyJimmy wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

awwww....look whose been "in the truck." :love:

looks like you were proven wrong and this was the only thing you can say..

nice.
KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 952

Post#26 » by KnicksManiac » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:37 pm

WTF? Fim was waived???
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#27 » by TheBluest » Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:21 pm

Steph has had terrible seasons/on and offcourt trouble since doing the sneaker thing and what a coincidence. If it isn't the sneakers that's affecting his game and snowballing itself into other problems I wonder if his problems exist because he's masquerading his motives and intentions may not be 100% genuine. It's crazy to see how many people have eatin this up. Big Ben isn't having all that good of a yr either..... hmmmmmmm.

As the saying goes.....

" For the love of money is the root of all sorts of injurious things and some have stabbed themselves all over with many pains"

His shoes are HOT PURE GARBAGE!
jakoub
Pro Prospect
And1: 127

Post#28 » by jakoub » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:34 pm

well it's not like he has earned his paycheck so he should give a lot back to charity. He robbed the knicks Giving them losing seasons every year he has been here. He robbed the fans who go to the garden to see a knick win. I hope he can sleep at night lol
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#29 » by Red Vines » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:45 pm

I threw my perfectly good Starbury's in the trash last week.
TheSSloser
Banned User

Post#30 » by TheSSloser » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:46 pm

Red Vines wrote:I threw my perfectly good Starbury's in the trash last week.

Took you that long to realize that, we could have been friends had you realized this sooner.
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#31 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:53 pm

TheBluest wrote:Steph has had terrible seasons/on and offcourt trouble since doing the sneaker thing and what a coincidence. If it isn't the sneakers that's affecting his game and snowballing itself into other problems I wonder if his problems exist because he's masquerading his motives and intentions may not be 100% genuine. It's crazy to see how many people have eatin this up. Big Ben isn't having all that good of a yr either..... hmmmmmmm.

As the saying goes.....

" For the love of money is the root of all sorts of injurious things and some have stabbed themselves all over with many pains"

His shoes are HOT PURE GARBAGE!

uhh dont you sell bootleg shoes? :roll:
bringinhinkie
General Manager

Post#32 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:54 pm

Red Vines wrote:I threw my perfectly good Starbury's in the trash last week.

you didnt, but if that makes you feel cool by saying it, then right on
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#33 » by Red Vines » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:21 pm

Yes I did, I wouldn't be caught dead representing that fool anymore.
TheSSloser
Banned User

Post#34 » by TheSSloser » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:23 pm

You have serious issues making those type of comments. :rofl:

Return to New York Knicks