ImageImageImageImageImage

Malik Rose Article (ESPN Page 2)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

LaCosaNostra
Analyst
And1: 12

Malik Rose Article (ESPN Page 2) 

Post#1 » by LaCosaNostra » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:02 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ortCat=nba

Exactly why I rocked the Malik Rose signature. You immature posters can mock him all you want, but he truly is a top notch character who at the very least deserves respect.

(Looked 3 pages back in forum, didn't see this article posted. If it has been discussed, lock thread)
NYK_UNLV
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#2 » by NYK_UNLV » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:11 pm

Yea... it is too bad Malik is stuck here. He isn't the most talented guy in the world, but he would fit right in on the traditional Knick teams we all love and remember. Not these "me-first", no-heart joke of a team. Hopefully we do trade him to a winner, where he can be appreciated a bit more, at the very least for his contributions off the court and in the locker room.
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Knick 4ever » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:38 pm

I agree. Rose is way too good to be a Knicks. We need a bunch of true vagabond like Artest or Rasheed to play in a rough city like N.Y.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#4 » by GuyverADL » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:44 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you guys serious? If he doesnt want to be here tell him forfeit the rest of his contract. Then he can sign a max deal because teams love character guys.:roll:

I dont care if Rose saves injured pigeons in his free time, HE STINKS. This guy is not a good basketball player which is why the Spurs traded him.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,633

Post#5 » by knicksNOTslick » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:59 pm

Awww poor Rose. Are you serious?

The guy already got a championship (TWO!) when a lot of other players are more deserving (like Ewing, Barkley, etc.)

Why should we sympathize for him? The guy's still getting paid a contract that's more than he's worth.

Please. And he stinks on offense. I don't care how many chairs he pulls, he shouldn't be taking jumpshots unless he's open. Remember when LB ran plays for the guy, I almost left the Garden after that.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#6 » by Flaming Mo » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:53 pm

optimusadl wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you guys serious? If he doesnt want to be here tell him forfeit the rest of his contract. Then he can sign a max deal because teams love character guys.:roll:

I dont care if Rose saves injured pigeons in his free time, HE STINKS. This guy is not a good basketball player which is why the Spurs traded him.

And that's because he played for them for more than seven season... yeah right.

Malik is a classy guy, a true professional which many of the Knicks aren't. I met him once and many things said in the article are true. He's a great guy.
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#7 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:15 pm

He is a great guy. Classy, and an example of the character this team should be composed of.

But this journalist is a prick for continuing to pick at scabs on a leper. All the things that he said about Zach, and Nate, while true a while ago, are either no longer true, or is being addressed. Sorta feels like this guy is campaigning for Malik to be the next player/coach.

It's like the little brother of the victor of a fight that comes up and kicks the loser in the groin after a brutal whooping.
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
aluball17
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#8 » by aluball17 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:26 pm

He had a player option he exercised last year so give me a damn break.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#9 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:37 pm

aluball17 wrote:He had a player option he exercised last year so give me a damn break.

+1

And, the only unsubjective thing the writer got right in this article is that Malik Rose does not belong here.

And, what the heck was this?

Rose is the guy who shows up early for practice, who leaves late, who roots for the men playing ahead of him, who refuses to move on until he makes 80 percent of his shots during shooting drills. "Why?" he asks rhetorically. "Because I know I need to shoot a very high percentage to stay on the court. So I always hold myself to that standard."

Malik, that's the reason Popovich shipped your a$$ out -- constantly shooting jumpers, thinking you had an offensive game. That contract they gave you was for being TD's buddy, but you had to go and try and make a name for yourself, something you've been doing for the past two years here -- with all that yapping to the media.

To think I used to root for this guy! Please just IR this dude already -- acting like he's doing the team a favor while opting in for his last year at 9million. Gag me with a spoon!
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#10 » by Da_Mane_Man » Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:39 pm

this guy can't be serious. he HAS to be a relative of malik. i can't believe some of you guys are actually agreeing with him either. malik picked up his own option to stay here!!!!! what else do you want? did this writer miss that little fact? rose sucks and he does not deserve to be in the nba. he can be a coach sure, cuz i bet he knows a lot about the game and he's a great community guy, but he does not belong in an nba uniform. he might have the heart, but he just doesn't have the tools. if we could put his heart in eddy curry ... but NO it's not gonna happen. so save all the pity for malik, he decided to stay here when he could have opted out just so he could pick up a huge paycheck that he doesn't deserve.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#11 » by Jose7 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:03 pm

aluball17 wrote:He had a player option he exercised last year so give me a damn break.

exactly, i was going to say that. If he wanted to not be a part of this mess he would of easily opted out. Rose is an ass clown anyway.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#12 » by Huey Freeman » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:15 pm

Da_Mane_Man wrote:...Malik picked up his own option to stay here!!!!! what else do you want? did this writer miss that little fact?

...so save all the pity for Malik, he decided to stay here when he could have opted out just so he could pick up a huge paycheck that he doesn't deserve.

+1 However...
Malik is a businessman, as he should be, so I understand why he picked up his option, he won't get another contract over the LLE. BUT in all fairness, Malik did not write this article himself so he shouldn't be the brunt of frustration with lack of originality of this report.

I don't even see the effort in this report; the author of the article brought nothing to the table. The reporter is obviously bored or had an article deadline he had to meet so he rehashed some sh*t to make a point that wasn't even necessary at this time and date.
Revolution starts in the mind...
frogfood
Suspended
And1: 1,609

Post#13 » by frogfood » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:31 pm

highly ironic of you to champion "character and respect" while rocking the Artest sig.

No hate though, I want Ron next year.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#14 » by StutterStep » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:05 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

+1 However...
Malik is a businessman, as he should be, so I understand why he picked up his option, he won't get another contract over the LLE. BUT in all fairness, Malik did not write this article himself so he shouldn't be the brunt of frustration with lack of originality of this report.

I don't even see the effort in this report; the author of the article brought nothing to the table. The reporter is obviously bored or had an article deadline he had to meet so he rehashed some sh*t to make a point that wasn't even necessary at this time and date.

Malik has been working the media for some time, and especially this year. You get how the writer mentions that Malik is always the last guy taking questions.

Do you really think Malik is not trying to use the media as his personal PR tool to get traded, as if his contract $ doesn't matter? Perhaps, it's another one of Isiah's sneaky maneuvers, especially since IT's one of Malik's biggest enablers.
LaCosaNostra
Analyst
And1: 12

Post#15 » by LaCosaNostra » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:25 pm

frogfood wrote:highly ironic of you to champion "character and respect" while rocking the Artest sig.

No hate though, I want Ron next year.

Hey while he's got some character issues, I sure have respect for the way he plays.
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#16 » by Huey Freeman » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:54 am

StutterStep wrote:You get how the writer mentions that Malik is always the last guy taking questions.

Maybe that's just youth of the current Knick players. I always see and hear about JC and DLee also talking to reporters at great lengths. But remember, there comes a time when you have to stop fielding THE SAME DAMN questions, get about your business and leaving an arena. Also, I'm sure its more of the NYK brass telling the players not to stay so long as it is the players just not being professional; especially due to the team's recent and frequent off the court issues. Hey, there may be a gag order mandated.

Do you really think Malik is not trying to use the media as his personal PR tool to get traded, as if his contract $ doesn't matter?

Yes, I'm almost certain about that he is, and that he does.
Revolution starts in the mind...
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#17 » by DocZaius » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:56 am

Make him the coach or GM.

It can't get any worst.

Return to New York Knicks