ImageImageImageImageImage

Lee and Nate can be extended this summer

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,610

Post#21 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:27 am

knicks742 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Cool name the 50.

Hopefully that will keep you busy and prevent you from posting for a little bit.

thank you.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,593

Post#22 » by knicksNOTslick » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:30 am

I wouldn't like that if I was Nate.

The Knicks pay MLE money to Jeffries and James and then pay less for Nate?? What kind of world is this?

If I was Nate, it has to be at least the MLE money.
Awoooga
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#23 » by Awoooga » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:26 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:I wouldn't like that if I was Nate.

The Knicks pay MLE money to Jeffries and James and then pay less for Nate?? What kind of world is this?

If I was Nate, it has to be at least the MLE money.

Bad contracts are not the standard.
wwtsm
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#24 » by wwtsm » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:30 am

Im afraid we're gonna sign him to a Richard Jefferson-esque type of deal. One where the player is clearly given a few million a year extra to stay with a team in an iffy state. I could see Lee getting 40 mil for 4 years.
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#25 » by Boss_ » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:23 am

Who wants to sex Mutombo wrote:Im afraid we're gonna sign him to a Richard Jefferson-esque type of deal. One where the player is clearly given a few million a year extra to stay with a team in an iffy state. I could see Lee getting 40 mil for 4 years.

Good god I hope not.
Jemini80
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#26 » by Jemini80 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:52 am

why don't we just sign them to extremely front-loaded deals to tie in to the year where Curry, Jeffries, Randolph etc come off the books

since the first year of the deal would be the season b4 Randolph, Curry, and Jeffries expire. If we are signing Lee to a 40 mil dollar deal for 4 years, why not

2009-10 30 mil
10-11 3.5
11-12 3.5
12-13 3

or is that not allowed?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#27 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:10 pm

Lee is worth 5 million and Nate is worth 3 million.

Of course with Isiah still around, Lee will get 9 million and Nate will gets 6 million.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,391

Post#28 » by Synciere » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:51 pm

I think we have to find comparable players and deals before we can decide. Then you factor in age, position, and potential...

Young, mobile power forwards who are rebounding machines, but don't have real polished offensive games and are good passers should be the standard for Lee. Comparable players? Not sure. Not many players in the league have a game similar to David. I don't think he is worth any more than say, a Nocioni or a Josh Howard. Not very comparable as far as style of play goes, I know. But he's younger and bigger than both. I would say 35-40 mil is fair for both the Knicks and DLee. If he had a post game, then negotiations would start at 10 mil a year right? so a 4 year, 36 million dollar extension seems about right. He then has a chance to develop his game further and earn another big contract.

Nate is very difficult, just bc of his size. But we cannot deny his athleticism and shooting ability are off the charts. The most comparable player I can think of is Barbosa, who signed for 5 year, 25 mil. I think they got him at a bargain basement price, but they definitely got the hometown advantage. i think if he signed elsewhere, he could've gotten 7 mil a year. A fair deal for Nate would be 4 years, 25 million... close to 6 mil a year.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,953

Post#29 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:54 pm

No one gets extended and Nate and Lee head to restricted free agency.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Re: Lee and Nate can be extended this summer 

Post#30 » by kosmovitelli » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:10 pm

knicks742 wrote:So Lee and Robinson can be extended this summer. Would you do it? If so, what type of deal and why?

I have an idea of what I would do but want to hear some opinions first.

No need for an idea of their worth. Let the market dictate what they should get.

Both Lee and Robinson are bench players at this point. They're good but not essential to our team. I think you should offer extensions only to franchise players or all star caliber players. For the others you let them become restricted free agents.
Unless I can extend them for less than market value (some young players accept less sometimes because it's their first "big" contract and they're afraid to to get injured during the final season of their rookie contract), I would let the market decide as they will be restricted free agents. Then I would decide to match or not.

Just look at Varejao, he wanted a contract starting at $8M per year ! LOL
The Bobcats offered him a 3 yr $17M contract and the Bucks decided to match. Basically they got him for the MLE.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Re: Lee and Nate can be extended this summer 

Post#31 » by TKF » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:45 pm

kosmovitelli wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No need for an idea of their worth. Let the market dictate what they should get.

Both Lee and Robinson are bench players at this point. They're good but not essential to our team. I think you should offer extensions only to franchise players or all star caliber players. For the others you let them become restricted free agents.
Unless I can extend them for less than market value (some young players accept less sometimes because it's their first "big" contract and they're afraid to to get injured during the final season of their rookie contract), I would let the market decide as they will be restricted free agents. Then I would decide to match or not.

Just look at Varejao, he wanted a contract starting at $8M per year ! LOL
The Bobcats offered him a 3 yr $17M contract and the Bucks decided to match. Basically they got him for the MLE.

hate to be nitpicky, but I think you mean the cavs, not bucks....

Return to New York Knicks