ImageImageImageImageImage

O/T: The HUMOR on this board...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,454

Post#41 » by EnigmatiC » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:57 am

yea we definetly have lost some great and memorable posters over the years. the landscape around here has changed so damn much since I first joined.
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#42 » by ElMatatan » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:33 am

Is funny cause what some of you consider funny it might not be funny to others...and for the most part on this board Humor= being an a$$, no class, making a fun out of yourself, degrading yourself, clowning the knicks, making racial statements, being a character online, seeking for attention
NY State of Mind
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#43 » by Bill Bradley » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:40 pm

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

exactly... where's Bill Bradley these days? VinnyTheMick drops in here/there...

remember that hillarious thread Knicks742 had this summer --- it was a trilogy....

Can we bring Krok back? He was annoying at first, but then I realized he really was just having fun, not making some mean-spirited snide comments like so many of our current wannabe jokesters....

I'm still here but don't post as much as I used to because of the point you are making with this thread. A lot of the characters on this board don't post here anymore so it's lost a lot of entertainment value for me. I recently tried to start a thread about former posters to try to bring them back, but it was deleted in less than a minute.

I think Krok still posts here as "clowds," but he isn't funny anymore. Before Krok was banned all of his threads were ridiculously homeristic and were just more annoying than funny.

And yeah, I miss posters like fryerobinsonlee, who gave so many comedic possibilities. Guys like the bizness, Supreme Commander, Basket Case (and his subsequent usernames), OoAnd1 (if he is a guy), NextTownClown, Big C, biggydanz, and so many others made this board more colorful and funny.

Before them, guys like BigNeek always used to crack me up, but I think he got put off by all the race stuff on the board. When I first started reading this board, I remember DSN, but not well. I do remember a lot of funny threads back then though.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,630

Post#44 » by knicksNOTslick » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:18 pm

There were so many funny threads back then but I think the Knicks board is just evolving because of the new posters here, etc. Add to that the fact that we're a losing team and a lot of posters don't really follow the Knicks anymore on a regular basis. I think once we have a winning team, this board will be back to the old days when more posters come back. The losing takes a toll.

I think my favorite poster right now is Bill Bradley in terms of humor though he isn't here a lot. I never hated on Krok before too but Major would always get on my nerves yet I never really hated on him. I remember a lot of the posters back then too but I never really posted a lot to get to know them. It's only now that I'm posting more and more.
jakoub
Pro Prospect
And1: 127

Post#45 » by jakoub » Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:31 pm

right now the knicks are the biggest jokes in the league. It's kind of hard to make jokes right now. But what ever happed to those caption these pics thread.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,977

Post#46 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:23 pm

This franchise is just too depressing
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,226

Post#47 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:58 am

Brad Lohaus wrote:This franchise is just too depressing

THe truth is, the Knicks have been a bad team since RGM started, so it's not the franchise.

Props to Tiny Timmy - he was funny too, and going way back, but NYNEX, DarkCloud (he was from the Ghetto - in Chelsea), and Knick30 (aka Ivan30) - always good for a laugh.

I didn't know there was a ghetto in Chelsea, but Dark Cloud mentioned it every time he posted.

and remember Mr. Phule. (coughtkfcough).

and Toocrisp. everytime toocrisp posted, I laughed. One time, Toocrisp posted this ridiculous trade, and he said "this really will happen, so don't tell anybody" - meanwhile, he posts it on the internet, but he asks us not to tell anybody. too funny.
Go NY Go NY Go
Moochie25
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#48 » by Moochie25 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:12 am

there are always cycles like this.... 3 years ago people were complaining about how they missed 'the good old days' just like this thread is
jakoub
Pro Prospect
And1: 127

Post#49 » by jakoub » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:58 am

"THe truth is, the Knicks have been a bad team since RGM started, so it's not the franchise."

yeah but back then we were optomistic that we would turn it around. Started with signing marbury where everyone in ny thought he was our savior. Then we had that frye robinson lee draft where we finally got youth and depth. Now we are just losing hope. I promise you that once IT gets fired, you will see a lot of funny boards. But he has to go

Return to New York Knicks