ImageImageImageImageImage

A Simple Fact that I think some people Overlook...

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

gmsnyk7
Starter
And1: 0

Post#21 » by gmsnyk7 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:26 am

jack torrance was the caretaker at the overlook
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#22 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:56 pm

what ever record we get is a mark of what we deserve, of course, we would love to have the best pick in the draft. However, if our team rallies together and finds a way to start winning, that is more valuable to me than the difference between Beasley and Hibbert (#1 and #10ish).
If we make the playoffs, we probably will need around 35 wins, some teams are going to pull away etc. we have what, 12 wins? so to reach the mark i think we need, we'd have to go for 23 more wins.
To be honest, if we can play that well and go into the post season playing well as a team, we could upset a Celtics team that will most certainly be battling at least one key injury as well as fatigue.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 820

Post#23 » by KOA » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:42 pm

Considering there aren't any bona fide stars in this draft, I want the Knicks to play hard and win as many games as they can. Besides, Isiah seems to draft better when he has lower picks than with higher picks.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,166

Post#24 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:50 pm

KOA wrote:. Besides, Isiah seems to draft better when he has lower picks than with higher picks.

Somehow, even in the light of this convincing evidence, I'd rather have a higher pick...but that's just me. Don't mind me, I'm a (Please Use More Appropriate Word).
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#25 » by knicks742 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:03 pm

moocow007 wrote:Play hard is all I can ask. If they do and lose most of the remaining games I'm really not going to shed too many tears. Now if they role over and play dead like they did early in the seaosn, then the tears are going to flow. I am not blinded by the recent string of wins to believe that anything but a strong lottery showing is the best thing for the Knicks. Now the tough part is to keep the players that we plan to keep from losing their will and confidence if they do lose.

I agree. I haven't followed standings since December. I enjoy a good game whether it's a win or a loss. It is important for these guys to feel that hard work, effort and working together will have tangible results. I mean, there is only so much losing one can endure until one just mentally quits and it dont matter if we put kobe or lebron next to them, they will be a team that wont try and is used to losing.

For those who say that playoffs dont matter, it surely matters to the development of any team. It is an invaluable experience, even if they get blown out in every game, to know what it is going to take it to another level. Guys like Crawford, Nate, Lee, Balkman, Zach, those guys will be hungry and I am convinced they will work their assess off next summer to do even better.

If they play hard and miss the playoffs (most likely scenario anyways) I am fine getting a lower lottery pick. Not sure if you guys have noticed but this winning also raises the value of players in the team and will make it easier to trade them.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#26 » by TKF » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:41 pm

moocow007 wrote:Play hard is all I can ask. If they do and lose most of the remaining games I'm really not going to shed too many tears. Now if they role over and play dead like they did early in the seaosn, then the tears are going to flow. I am not blinded by the recent string of wins to believe that anything but a strong lottery showing is the best thing for the Knicks. Now the tough part is to keep the players that we plan to keep from losing their will and confidence if they do lose.

exactly!
You know, I am tired of people using that line. I feel insulted when people say that. Really, does anyone on here think that we don't know what our record is. When the heat won yesterday, stopping a 15 game losing streak I think it was, they cheered their team, and the players had a slight celebration. Now tell me, does any one think the fans, the players or even riley were cheering because they thought. Yea, we are on our way to the playoffs? Or were they just damn happy to get a win in a othewiser dismal season? Come on, people know better!!

Return to New York Knicks