ImageImageImageImageImage

anyone else ANGRY that the Knicks are winning?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

DoubtingThomas
Junior
And1: 0

Post#21 » by DoubtingThomas » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:20 pm

Yes. I am angry because the winning started when it was reported that Dolan had confided to friends that he was going to fire Thomas.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#22 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:24 pm

there isnt a pick in this draft worth tanking over. and even if we do tank we wont be worse than Mini, mia or Sea so we are working against the odds of a top 1-3 pick anyway.

Does anyone really think this draft has players beyond #3 that are worth tanking for? I certainly dont.

In fact I think tanking, especially this early in the season, is foolish regardless of the picks but its especially so with this weak a class
Jerryd Bayless
Banned User

Post#23 » by Jerryd Bayless » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:16 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:there isnt a pick in this draft worth tanking over. and even if we do tank we wont be worse than Mini, mia or Sea so we are working against the odds of a top 1-3 pick anyway.

Does anyone really think this draft has players beyond #3 that are worth tanking for? I certainly dont.

In fact I think tanking, especially this early in the season, is foolish regardless of the picks but its especially so with this weak a class

me, greene, beasley, rose, jordan, love, augustin, bellineli, gordon, mayo, batum, smith, hibbert, lopez

I certainly do.
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#24 » by king_k4life » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:17 pm

Jerryd Bayless wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

me, greene, beasley, rose, jordan, love, augustin, bellineli, gordon, mayo, batum, smith, hibbert, lopez

I certainly do.

One of those 2 will be picked # 3
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#25 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Jerryd Bayless wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I certainly do.
well Beasley and Rose will be gone. Mayo will probably be gone at 3.
that leaves;

Bellineli - playing for the warriors already, thanks
hibbert - IMO not a player who will do well inthe NBA
all the rest - lottery level but not franchise talent or worth tanking for

Ive never seen you play though ....
wilkens21
Junior

Post#26 » by wilkens21 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:10 pm

i guess if we're content with 30 win seasons (and pretty much winning meaningless games - and costing us ping pong balls - when our season was already over by the first month thanks to marbury), and Isiah getting yet another fat extension, then by all means...let's keep winning with the present crew...
Slamm Goodbody
Bench Warmer
And1: 101

Post#27 » by Slamm Goodbody » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:33 pm

king_k4life wrote:Can't be mad at wins
Mardy Collins Superfan
HKSVIP
Bench Warmer
And1: 107

Post#28 » by HKSVIP » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:22 pm

PLAY JEROME JAMES!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 90,551

Post#29 » by Capn'O » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:30 pm

Lockdown wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

To be fair, Joe Johnson's only a 2nd tier star like Paul Pierce is - he can't carry a bad team to the playoffs by himself, but he's got an awesome all around game so you can build a successful team around him.

But really, everybody always assumes you have to use cap space on one big star. But there have been plenty of great rebuilds that used capspace on multiple role players, the damn good glue-guy legit-starter types. Nobody ever wants to trade those guys if they have a good attitude, but you need them just as much as you need that star player or two if you ever want to do anything. Those are the guys you go after with your capspace, because most teams only offer them the MLE.

Well, somebody had to acknowledge this post. And you, Toronto enthusiast, of all people would know the value of getting quality free agents through cap flexibility.

Just having cap space is not a guarantee but having the ability to go under the cap if players you want become available is _one tool_ towards building a good team. That is cap flexibility. It is a tool involving foresight about who will become available when and a plan for obtaining the kind of players that best fit your team. Your handpicked players can fizzle out but when you go way over the cap you take away that option for rebuilding. You take away freedom in choosing how your team is constructed.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
buc003
Junior

Post#30 » by buc003 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:37 pm

I am... Why b/c this team needs to completely fixed and there needs to be some tough decisions that need to be made. The Knicks need to squeeze draft picks out of some trades that will be difficult for Knicks fans. Fan favorites will have to go so that teams will take their not so fan favorite teammates. I am mad b/c it seems Isiah is being stubborn and wont move players now when he should have taken this action two years ago. I am mad b/c this team is going to hit rock bottom and Dolan is going to sit there and say it isnt my fault when the dumbass should want a winning team and make sure he has a winning team. I love an owner who is hands off but how long to you let your organization crumble. How long do you let a plan fail.
hoodie©
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#31 » by hoodie© » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:58 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

well Beasley and Rose will be gone. Mayo will probably be gone at 3.
that leaves;

Bellineli - playing for the warriors already, thanks
hibbert - IMO not a player who will do well inthe NBA
all the rest - lottery level but not franchise talent or worth tanking for

Ive never seen you play though ....

Are you sure about that? I see him as being a very savvy player in the NBA, More effective than flashy, I don't think he'll be a superstar... but will certainly contribute well.

Sorta has that Kurt Thomas appeal to me.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#32 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:28 pm

[quote="hoodie
DaGoodz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#33 » by DaGoodz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:21 pm

its not that big of a deal, I don't expect the winning to continue,
We still going to get a Top 5 pick if we keep this same roster
symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#34 » by symbiotic » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:39 pm

Though I like the newfound heart that the Knicks are playing with...I still hope for Knick losses. Why?

When draft time comes, we will all be saying "If only the Knicks didn't win those games in January". We will be a laughing stock in a different way when teams below us gobble up better talent while we are left with the leftovers.
pwayknicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 705

Post#35 » by pwayknicks » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:56 pm

Whose to say we cant catch Miami, they have what 10 wins, we have what 14? Miami is trying to win now just as much as we are, there is no reason we cant catch them...

And as has been said over and over, the draft is a lottery, its not necessary that we land with the 3rd worst record, but as bad as possible to have more lotto balls in there....4th or 5th worst is fine with me....we can still have a legit shot to get a top 3 pick with 4 or 5....
The Knicks are BACK!!!!

Jlin + Melo + Stat + Chandler....les go!

Trade Landry Fields ASAP!
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,898

Post#36 » by GONYK » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:12 pm

The Blazers won the lotto with 32 wins
Houston99
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#37 » by Houston99 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:17 pm

what has the knick record been since we started winning. i know we were 8 and something then we won six games. but how many did we lose.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#38 » by boomann21 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:28 pm

Clemenza wrote:what has the knick record been since we started winning. i know we were 8 and something then we won six games. but how many did we lose.

6-3
Houston99
Analyst
And1: 408

Post#39 » by Houston99 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:37 pm

im sorry but i dont care about no draft pick. im just glad to see this team win. if we do or dont make the playoffs ill still be happy with the way they are playing.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#40 » by boomann21 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:42 pm

Clemenza wrote:im sorry but i dont care about no draft pick. im just glad to see this team win. if we do or dont make the playoffs ill still be happy with the way they are playing.

I'm just glad Marbury's gone. I'm not sure what he was doing to disrupt team chemistry but I'm sure he was up to something. He was too much of an egomaniac to recognize his own decline. I love this team without him on it and I could do with a little less Eddy Curry but he is the lesser of two evils.

Return to New York Knicks