ImageImageImageImageImage

Mardy collins =Awful

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

general
Rookie
And1: 11

Mardy collins =Awful 

Post#1 » by general » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:19 am

Does he realize Theres a very good chance for him to be out the league after his contract.He's not taking advantage of it,it looks like to me..Hes handed the starting Pg duties and is Slow,Can't shoot,Defense isn't all that good.What did we Draft him for again? :noway:
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#2 » by knicks742 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:23 am

I thought mardy did a fine job playing defense tonight. Offensively he is what he is as a second year player who was injured this whole summer so couldnt work on his game.

Not sure if he is going to make it or not but as a second year late first round player he is doing fine in my opinion.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,086

Post#3 » by blueNorange » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:24 am

Crawful eez ay supastaaaa
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
doctor fite
Starter
And1: 0

Post#4 » by doctor fite » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:36 am

blueNorange wrote:Crawful eez ay supastaaaa

people are WAY too hard on crawford... is he michael jordan or kobe bryant? no...

i like jcraw.
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#5 » by king_k4life » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:42 am

Mardy was awesome tonight ?

Crawford didn't play well but was needed tho
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#6 » by bringinhinkie » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:08 am

? the dude gets 0 minutes not even garbage minutes like 95% of the games then gets thrown into the fire(of a team in SHAMBLES) RIGHT into the starting lineup.. what you expect him to do? come in run everything to perfection and drop 30? hes slow? maybe your used to our "pgs" who run around like chickens with their heads cut off and take stupid/rushed shots instead of RUNNING AN OFFENSE? and you criticize his D? have you seen our other guards play d? hes lightyears better, maybe the baron davis drive is fresh in your mind at the end of the game but he is MUCH better at D than all our guards.. dude looks fine out there imo
wwtsm
Banned User

Post#7 » by wwtsm » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:23 am

He had some surprisingly good numbers when he started in place of Marbury last year. I hope he gets to work with Clyde this summer on his jumper.
Stephen Levitt
Banned User

Re: Mardy collins =Awful 

Post#8 » by Stephen Levitt » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:20 am

general wrote:Does he realize Theres a very good chance for him to be out the league after his contract.He's not taking advantage of it,it looks like to me..Hes handed the starting Pg duties and is Slow,Can't shoot,Defense isn't all that good.What did we Draft him for again? :noway:

Well said, the day Mardy Collins leads the Knicks in the +/- category is the day you should stop posting.
“Some of these deceased personalities have Q scores equal to or greater than some of the live personalities we measure.”
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#9 » by Knick 4ever » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:53 pm

Give Mardy a chance to prove that he is able of playing the game before criticizing him. The PG position is just like playing QB in football; it is the hardest position to master. He has not gotten any playing time until last night, so you can't really judge him. It takes time to adjust in this league. With more minutes, I guaranty you will grow to like this kid. Too bad Isiah doesn't have a clue about what he really wants in these youngsters.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,159

Post#10 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:46 pm

Thought he did a fine job. I like Mardy. Guy had the biggest +/- on the team. Must have been doing something right. I liked what Balkman did though.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#11 » by duetta » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:54 pm

The guy needs to work on his handle and his shot in the offseason. But once he began to consistent minutes last night, he played much better. He needs work, without question - but he does stuff that the Knicks need. They just need to get him focus on improving his weaknesses in the offseason.
maddbaron
Analyst

Post#12 » by maddbaron » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:58 pm

see this is the problem...some of you say you want a pg...pass 1st, defense looks for his shot last... mardy...pass first defense looks for his shot last and suddenly u want a flashy pg who's fast and has incredible range and will drop points on ppl? u do realize mardy hasn't played much right? didn't play summer league and this season got little to no minutes..the fact that he came in and plays defense and is a slasher on a team with jumpshooters makes him worth a look and ooh oooh HE PASSES FIRST! he runs the offense thats how he was taught...i wish we'd give him more minutes and yes if he developed a jumpshot ppl would take him serious but not many pg's come into the league shooting lights out hell the great wife beater jason kidd wasn't a great shooter when he 1st arrived and he worked on his game...if u want marbury back just say so but don't complain that we don't have a pg when u prefer mardy to sit on the bench b/c he's "slow"
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#13 » by StutterStep » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:00 pm

knicks742 wrote:I thought mardy did a fine job playing defense tonight. Offensively he is what he is as a second year player who was injured this whole summer so couldnt work on his game.

Not sure if he is going to make it or not but as a second year late first round player he is doing fine in my opinion.

Though Crawford has been playing better ball lately, posters like general and chitownsports... make it hard to not focus on his negatives. These types of posters only understand one part of the game when it comes to Crawford -- offense, and then bypass defense and the intangibles.

Trying to make general understand this is a job, not even the most polished NBA coach could succeed. So don't even bother.
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#14 » by Knick 4ever » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:02 pm

duetta wrote:The guy needs to work on his handle and his shot in the offseason. But once he began to consistent minutes last night, he played much better. He needs work, without question - but he does stuff that the Knicks need. They just need to get him focus on improving his weaknesses in the offseason.

How about sending the kid to the NBDL to work on his game instead of wasting time on the bench? He, Chandler and Morris could be much further along if they were competing in the NBDL. Mardy needs minutes to work on his handling and jumper. For more than 30 games he has played for no more than 10 minutes. That's absurd if you ask me.

If you are not going to play the kids, send them to the NBDL.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,273

Post#15 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:14 pm

Dude hasnt played in awhile so of course he will be rusty. I just dont understand how we are using him. We start him a few games, then bench him for months, then throw him back in the starting lineup.

Why cant we just give him conisistent minutes off the bench? Give him 15-20 minutes and if he starts to play well we can up his minutes. If not, then what do we have to lose?

For that matter we might as well do the same with Chandler. But I guess the position we are in Isiah cant afford to do anything but play the guys who can help them win now rather then try to develop for the future.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#16 » by knicks742 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:42 pm

Brad Lohaus wrote:Dude hasnt played in awhile so of course he will be rusty. I just dont understand how we are using him. We start him a few games, then bench him for months, then throw him back in the starting lineup.

Why cant we just give him conisistent minutes off the bench? Give him 15-20 minutes and if he starts to play well we can up his minutes. If not, then what do we have to lose?

For that matter we might as well do the same with Chandler. But I guess the position we are in Isiah cant afford to do anything but play the guys who can help them win now rather then try to develop for the future.

I think after the trading deadline you will see a lot more of the youngsters as the season is lost and some of the veterans ie Q-Rich, shut it down to heal injuries.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,063

Post#17 » by stuporman » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:23 pm

Slow as molasses Mardy seems to be able to get himself in front of his man and defend yet quick as lightning Crawford can't stay in front of his man letting anyone and everyone into the lane. All Craw uses his quickness for is to hoist up a bazillion shots in a blink of an eye. The game was lost when Jackson was hitting spot up threes on one end and on the other end Crawful was going one on five and chucking up running jumpers from 15-20 feet away possession after possession. :nonono:
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,273

Post#18 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:29 pm

knicks742 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think after the trading deadline you will see a lot more of the youngsters as the season is lost and some of the veterans ie Q-Rich, shut it down to heal injuries.

I hope so, but I dunno. Could be very late when we truly see Chandler and Morris getting run. The sooner the better though. The veterans dont even seem like they are helping us win games anyway. We will take our bumps and bruises with the young guys, but by the end of the year i think we would be better off. If anything we would at least know what we have.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
general
Rookie
And1: 11

Post#19 » by general » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:54 pm

Look here this is The NBA where people get $350k at the least If you cant be ready to perform when your name is called get outta here.Dont use that mardy hasent played in a while thats why he's rusty.Jerome james hasent played since last year and when he gets in the game he scores and looks good so save the crap Mardy is just Weak Period..He got 3 offense of fouls called on him last night.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,159

Post#20 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:34 pm

general wrote:Look here this is The NBA where people get $350k at the least If you cant be ready to perform when your name is called get outta here.Dont use that mardy hasent played in a while thats why he's rusty.Jerome james hasent played since last year and when he gets in the game he scores and looks good so save the crap Mardy is just Weak Period..He got 3 offense of fouls called on him last night.

i bet you used that excuse when crawford had a **** game.

Return to New York Knicks