ImageImageImageImageImage

How about Jarrett Jack?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,126

Post#21 » by moocow007 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:34 am

Oh please stop it with the fantasies about the other teams scrubs being greater than they are. Jarret Jack is a backup PG that doesn't dribble well, doesn't run an offense well and who really just doesn't do anything well. If the goal is to compile ho-hum backup PG's then yep, he's your man. Jack is a poor man's Charlie Ward without the jumpshot and Ward at his best would have been a backup on most every other team.
EL CABRITO
Starter
And1: 133

Post#22 » by EL CABRITO » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:35 am

Nate >Jack
If you have no critics you'll likely have no success.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,126

Post#23 » by moocow007 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:37 am

EL CABRITO wrote:Nate >Jack

BY FAR.
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#24 » by richardhutnik » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:38 am

NoLayupRule wrote:oh god, Miles to NY? Really? dont we have enough boneheads?

Are you saying he doesn't know Jack?

- Rich :-P
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,820

Post#25 » by spree2kawhi » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:10 am

unfortunately jack is a scoring guard though.....
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#26 » by drj » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:18 am

moocow007 wrote:Oh please stop it with the fantasies about the other teams scrubs being greater than they are.

I assume that was to me? I didn't see anyone (incl. me) touting Jarrett Jack as a future all star. All I said was that he can be a solid rotation player, and an upgrade from Mardy.

Is Jack > Mardy in any serious doubt? If so I think there are homeristic fantasies happening...

moocow007 wrote: Jarret Jack is a backup PG that doesn't dribble well, doesn't run an offense well and who really just doesn't do anything well. If the goal is to compile ho-hum backup PG's then yep, he's your man. Jack is a poor man's Charlie Ward without the jumpshot and Ward at his best would have been a backup on most every other team.

Actually Jack's jumper isn't so bad. Plus he (unlike Ward) can defend both the 1 and the 2. [Plus I liked Charlie Ward, he was a winner. I'd love to bring guys like Ward back on the team...]

Right now we don't have a solid rotation player to complement a Nate/Jamal backcourt. I like Jack in that role.

There is a tendency on this board to divide the world into stars and scrubs. That's not how it is. There is a middle zone of solid rotation players, and all good teams need these.
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#27 » by aq_ua » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:31 am

drj wrote:Is Jack > Mardy in any serious doubt? If so I think there are homeristic fantasies happening...
If Jack isn't scoring, then he isn't of much use on the court. Mardy at least always plays defense regardless of if he's scoring (since he rarely ever does anyway). With this team, I think you could make the case that Mardy > Jack.
Right now we don't have a solid rotation player to complement a Nate/Jamal backcourt. I like Jack in that role.

There is a tendency on this board to divide the world into stars and scrubs. That's not how it is. There is a middle zone of solid rotation players, and all good teams need these.
Well, I think Nate is supposed to be solid rotation player to complement a starting backcourt. Unfortunately, we don't have a starting backcourt to complement. If anything, we should be looking for starting caliber talent to allow Nate to play his role, not to justify Nate getting a bigger role than he should.
hustlenflow
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#28 » by hustlenflow » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:46 pm

unfortunately, IMO, Jack isn't a very good scorer, nor is he a a 'vision' type set up point guard. I thought he would be solid comin out of college, but he has disappointed a bit.

He's a heady big bodied, good defensive combo guard, but he's not worth getting.

What we should do is give Nate all the minutes at point, and let him progress. See if he can piece it together, maybe those mistakes he made at the end of the golden state game he learns from. People need to stop being so impatient, give the kid a chance. After all you only learn from playing and not in practice, real life situations.

I would start Nate and give him 35 minutes a game for the rest of the season and then evaluate from there in the offseason.

In either event he's better than JJ.
CPThree wrote:OH I'M JERKING TO THIS DON'T EVEN CARE THAT MOMS IN THE SAME ROOM
-- On Lin's Game Winning 3 Against the Raps
Ballito
Starter
And1: 0

Post#29 » by Ballito » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:44 pm

seren wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I am happy with Nate's play as of late, but we still need a PG. I think it may be an interesting deal to look at. Especially if we can somehow keep LaFrentz, he may be a better trade asset than Marbury as it is impossible to find a deal that can absord Marb's deal.

If this would happen next year it would make sense, but portland has already stated they would not trade for nut jobs....
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#30 » by VinnyTheMick » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:48 pm

Seriously.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#31 » by Knick 4ever » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:18 pm

Thank you.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#32 » by symbiotic » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:06 pm

Troy Hudson just got waived by the Golden State Warriors.

I think we should sign him, you cannot have enough good shooters. He is injured now, when is he able to play again?

Return to New York Knicks