ImageImageImageImageImage

New Fat Joe 300

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#21 » by TheBluest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:35 am

king_k4life wrote:To anyone else ignorant to hip hop and listens to THIS GUY on what is hip hop

(picture)

That's the owner of Viacom BTW for those that do not know..

Regardless THIS is Hip Hop

This is your " Fraudulant Brand "

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vUjHoiwauYg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=noTvdpAYeHE

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lUoUDuAPCZA

WOW Changes by 2-Pac was a crap song by him IMO, but he's talking about everything that goes on in the Hip-Hop community in that song.

One Mic is an All-Time Hip-Hop classic. You should be banned for even linking his Youtube video as a FRAUD.
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#22 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:36 am

TheBluest wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You are the one watching MTV not me Son. I know enough about Hip-Hop and all of it's representation to Know Fat Joe song does it no justice.

Hopefully Pete Rock's album that drops in the very very very very near future reminds everyone and redefines what it really is and what it's not.

The Bluest : Hip Hop Music is a Fraudulent Brand

So you telling me those tracks are Fraudulent and fake ? that those songs are manufactured and sold and written by writers ect.

GTFOUTTA HERE
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#23 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:43 am

WOW Changes by 2-Pac was a crap song by him IMO, but he's talking about everything that goes on in the Hip-Hop community in that song.

One Mic is an All-Time Hip-Hop classic. You should be banned for even linking his Youtube video as a FRAUD.

Your a f ucking idiot

Are you Black ? simple question

He wasn't talking about the f ucking hip hop community He was talking about the injustices brought on THE BLACK COMMUNITY and the struggles young black men have to go through in this world.

Crap song my arse Hip Hop is PERSONAL it's impossible for it to be a Fraud Genre such as the Rock N Roll trends because it is about everyones different journey and struggle just like Rasta's .

It's not one MOLD for Hip Hop it's a different expierence for everyone of all races and color's if you don't relate to one you WILL relate to another SMMFH.@ you.

What you see on MTV and BET or listen to on the Radio isn't hip hop don't name drop a rapper that has not been relevant or good since the mid 90's to show your "cred"
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#24 » by TheBluest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:44 am

king_k4life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Bluest : Hip Hop Music is a Fraudulent Brand

So you telling me those tracks are Fraudulent and fake ? that those songs are manufactured and sold and written by writers ect.

GTFOUTTA HERE

I'm speaking of an era and time where we're at with it. Hip-Hop music hasn't maintained it's authentcity. The Pioneers of Hip-Hop have attested to this over and over. Such as KRS-One, Chuck D, etc etc. If the representation is gimmicked, and phony instead of creative and innovative it's a Fraud.
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#25 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:50 am

I'm speaking of an era and time where we're at with it. Hip-Hop music hasn't maintained it's authentcity. The Pioneers of Hip-Hop have attested to this over and over. Such as KRS-One, Chuck D, etc etc. If the representation is gimmicked, and phony instead of creative and innovative it's a Fraud.

No your wrong

The creativy and authenticity is still clear and there. BUT when you put Rich white men in charge of distributing music to young Black youth are going to get Crank That, Party Like a Rockstar and Lip Gloss in the mainstream.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=34NgzB-PLzc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Au1FP_loZ_s

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zo3oFYlfCSI

All dropped after 2005

>_>
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#26 » by Smoke24 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:53 am

No your wrong

The creativy and authenticity is still clear and there. BUT when you put Rich white men in charge of distributing music to young Black youth are going to get Crank That, Party Like a Rockstar and Lip Gloss in the mainstream.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=34NgzB-PLzc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Au1FP_loZ_s

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zo3oFYlfCSI

All dropped after 2005

>_>

Uhm the creativity isn't really there anymore whne everything you hear now a days is a sample of an earlier song. Do you know how depressing that feels when you find that out.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#27 » by TheBluest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:54 am

king_k4life wrote:

Your a f ucking idiot

Are you Black ? simple question

He wasn't talking about the f ucking hip hop community He was talking about the injustices brought on THE BLACK COMMUNITY and the struggles young black men have to go through in this world.

Crap song my arse Hip Hop is PERSONAL it's impossible for it to be a Fraud Genre such as the Rock N Roll trends because it is about everyones different journey and struggle just like Rasta's .

It's not one MOLD for Hip Hop it's a different expierence for everyone of all races and color's if you don't relate to one you WILL relate to another SMMFH.@ you.

What you see on MTV and BET or listen to on the Radio isn't hip hop don't name drop a rapper that has not been relevant or good since the mid 90's to show your "cred"

All those things happen in the communities from which Hip-Hop was berthed ****. In it's truest form Hip-Hop was reared by people of minority and lower economical backgrounds who have to fight like Heck to beat the odds and the injustices. The Surburban Area people aren't facing such extreme challenges. Although Hip-Hop has spread it's culture all throughout the world and it's considered everywhere. Pac was more than likely rapping from personal experience, things he's actually seen and witnessed first hand.
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#28 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:55 am

Smoke24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Uhm the creativity isn't really there anymore whne everything you hear now a days is a sample of an earlier song. Do you know how depressing that feels when you find that out.

Hip Hop is a genre founded on Sampling R&B and Soul Music >_>

The DJ's would take a old record and stratch it in the street and a MC would come with the mic and start freestyling over it..

Complaining about Sampling in Hip Hop is like complaining about a guitar in rock music ...
Smoke24
RealGM

Post#29 » by Smoke24 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:59 am

The DJ's would take a old record and stratch it in the street and a MC would come with the mic and start freestyling over it..

Complaining about Sampling in Hip Hop is like complaining about a guitar in rock music ...

Ok I understand that, but being creative is comming up with your own, having your own sound, no one wants to have their own sound anymore, and its all commercial. Because i have to listen to the radio sometimes, i realize they play the same 20 songs all day and most of them either sound the same or talk about the same thing and this is teaching youth to be like this instead of inding your own path or your own art form.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#30 » by TheBluest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:02 am

I agree. You can be creative and a Musical Genius by sampling. The fact DJ's took audio technology(SP's) that wasn't necessarily intended for the use they made it be and turned it into an Innovative Art Form that's morphed into getting Engineering Degrees at Universities doing this, is astounding.
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#31 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:04 am

Ok I understand that, but being creative is comming up with your own, having your own sound, no one wants to have their own sound anymore, and its all commercial. Because i have to listen to the radio sometimes, i realize they play the same 20 songs all day and most of them either sound the same or talk about the same thing and this is teaching youth to be like this instead of inding your own path or your own art form.

You listen to the radio so don't complain

There is not one mainstream media outlet for African Americans in 2008

Not even a TV show because the CW moves the show's around all the time since the UPN merger..

Basically use the Internet go to Hip Hop forums go to Showcases and underground concerts to find new sick artist.

Listen to these two next gen artist mixtapes

http://www.datpiff.com/Yung-Menace-Prin ... d6536.html

http://www.datpiff.com/Spot-Ft-Various- ... 10036.html
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#32 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:06 am

All those things happen in the communities from which Hip-Hop was berthed ****. In it's truest form Hip-Hop was reared by people of minority and lower economical backgrounds who have to fight like Heck to beat the odds and the injustices. The Surburban Area people aren't facing such extreme challenges. Although Hip-Hop has spread it's culture all throughout the world and it's considered everywhere. Pac was more than likely rapping from personal experience, things he's actually seen and witnessed first hand.

Hip Hop in it's truest form is not being shown the mainstream because they want to only expose ignorant and degrading things to kids in my generation and make artist like Lupe Fiasco " uncool "..

It is what it is though just glad I did not fall into that trap
8)
Smoke24
RealGM

Post#33 » by Smoke24 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:07 am

I agree. You can be creative and a Musical Genius by sampling. The fact DJ's took audio technology(SP's) that wasn't necessarily intended for the use they made it be and turned it into an Innovative Art Form that's morphed into getting Engineering Degrees at Universities doing this, is astounding.

We have alot of great DJ's, the worlds greatest, but I just feel like theres too much of everyting and we can't enjoy a particular because theres alot of it, (By particular i mean anything you can think of) and to me its hurting the brand instead of enhansing the brand.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#34 » by TheBluest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:08 am

Which makes the end result Product a FRAUD!
Smoke24
RealGM

Post#35 » by Smoke24 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:10 am

king_k4life wrote:You listen to the radio so don't complain

There is not one mainstream media outlet for African Americans in 2008

Not even a TV show because the CW moves the show's around all the time since the UPN merger..

Basically use the Internet go to Hip Hop forums go to Showcases and underground concerts to find new sick artist.

I only listen to it because i have to at times, *sigh*, but The underground game is a whole different story, those artists are hungry and bring alot of content and intensity to the game, but we aren't exposed to them like were suppose to be.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#36 » by TKF » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:10 am

Track Is OK, and Joe is OK... nothing great. I love the way he reps my home, where I grew up.. the Bronx.. I grew up down the way from him. He reps the BX hard....
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#37 » by TKF » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:11 am

Track Is OK, and Joe is OK... nothing great. I love the way he reps my home, where I grew up.. the Bronx.. I grew up down the way from him. He reps the BX hard....
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#38 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:18 am

Which makes the end result Product a FRAUD!

No the stuff the Rich White Guy that owns the Media wants you hear is a fraud

96% of the sh it on the radio is NOT HIP HOP!!!

Those tracks I linked are Hip Hop

Hiring a writing team to write a song about Lip Gloss for little mama then putting her in a video with Avril Lavinge and playing it on a " Hip Hop " station IS NOT HIP HOP!!

Hip Hop is about self expression if you don't write or produce a song it's not hip hop it's just rapping over a beat..
Smoke24
RealGM

Post#39 » by Smoke24 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:29 am

No the stuff the Rich White Guy that owns the Media wants you hear is a fraud

96% of the sh it on the radio is NOT HIP HOP!!!

Those tracks I linked are Hip Hop

Hiring a writing team to write a song about Lip Gloss for little mama then putting her in a video with Avril Lavinge and playing it on a " Hip Hop " station IS NOT HIP HOP!!

Hip Hop is about self expression if you don't write or produce a song it's not hip hop it's just rapping over a beat..

You do know that as long as the "non hip hop" songs are making these rich guys more money, this is what they are going to teach our youth about this being hiphop and the culture it comes from and all that. Then what is the youth going to do, sit down somewhere, get a previously used beat, write and think they have a track. Track gets played and everyone realizes there is no passion on that track its just a bunch of words that rhyme. Oh wait it can be turned into a dance song, so thats what you hear mainstream now.

I want the art form back, that is why I like when I see poetry shows. I like to write but when I hear what these people have to say it just crazy and thats what I call passion. I've been writing for a while and won contest and all that. Whatever happen to all the break dancing and scratch contests,, you don't hear about them anymore.

I don't know, I try to show one thing, but others that have powers that goes beyond me shows another thing, they often win out.
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#40 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:35 am

You do know that as long as the "non hip hop" songs are making these rich guys more money, this is what they are going to teach our youth about this being hiphop and the culture it comes from and all that. Then what is the youth going to do, sit down somewhere, get a previously used beat, write and think they have a track. Track gets played and everyone realizes there is no passion on that track its just a bunch of words that rhyme. Oh wait it can be turned into a dance song, so thats what you hear mainstream now.

I want the art form back, that is why I like when I see poetry shows. I like to write but when I hear what these people have to say it just crazy and thats what I call passion. I've been writing for a while and won contest and all that. Whatever happen to all the break dancing and scratch contests,, you don't hear about them anymore.

I don't know, I try to show one thing, but others that have powers that goes beyond me shows another thing, they often win out.

I realized a looong time ago they don't give a fruck about the lives of me and fellow young black men until they can make money and pimp us despite the effects it has on the kids.

I gotta write a a blog on this later but I just finished a new one so probably tomorrow

Basically it goes like this

Find marketable person

Write basic degrading and idiotic lyrics

Play it and advertise to you black children

Make specials on how this is destroying society

And it's funny BET has those "Hip Hop VS America " specials but they are the same ones running the Tip Drill video..

Return to New York Knicks