ImageImageImageImageImage

New Fat Joe 300

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#41 » by TKF » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:35 am

king_k4life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No your wrong

The creativy and authenticity is still clear and there. BUT when you put Rich white men in charge of distributing music to young Black youth are going to get Crank That, Party Like a Rockstar and Lip Gloss in the mainstream.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=34NgzB-PLzc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Au1FP_loZ_s

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zo3oFYlfCSI

All dropped after 2005

>_>

nah... he is not really wrong. He has a great point. A lot of the creativity i gone, and a lot of the rap today is a lot of copying, gimmicks... I will admit the record execs most whom probably dont like rap at all are hurting the music and what gets put out, but overall, it is not the same. I stll bump, rakim, Krs-1 and Pete rock and CL smooth in my car today...

And can we please have this discussion without the name calling, some of you are unfairly attacking bluest and the name calling has to stop..
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#42 » by TheBluest » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:40 am

TKF thanks for having my back Big Bro!
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#43 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:43 am

TKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

nah... he is not really wrong. He has a great point. A lot of the creativity i gone, and a lot of the rap today is a lot of copying, gimmicks... I will admit the record execs most whom probably dont like rap at all are hurting the music and what gets put out, but overall, it is not the same. I stll bump, rakim, Krs-1 and Pete rock and CL smooth in my car today...

And can we please have this discussion without the name calling, some of you are unfairly attacking bluest and the name calling has to stop..

You serious ?

He has a 50 % chance of being called a f ucking idiot just walking around mid-town during rush hour ... >_>

Never insult the greatest song to sum up life growing up in the world today. Not on my watch * takes pistol and blows top then spins and lands in holster *

But man you guys are just not looking hard enough

Just because they are not playing Rakim on the radio TODAY or Ghostface or a Lupe,Nas ect..

You can easily go and listen to Spot a Breath Away or Yung Menace's The Prince of Brooklyn because most of the tracks on those Indie Albums are AMAZING.

And both men are under 21 so they can only get better I know Menace in real life and Spot I talk to online.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#44 » by TKF » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:10 am

king_k4life wrote:

You serious ?

He has a 50 % chance of being called a f ucking idiot just walking around mid-town during rush hour ... >_>Never insult the greatest song to sum up life growing up in the world today. Not on my watch * takes pistol and blows top then spins and lands in holster *

But man you guys are just not looking hard enough

Just because they are not playing Rakim on the radio TODAY or Ghostface or a Lupe,Nas ect..

You can easily go and listen to Spot a Breath Away or Yung Menace's The Prince of Brooklyn because most of the tracks on those Indie Albums are AMAZING.

And both men are under 21 so they can only get better I know Menace in real life and Spot I talk to online.

Yes I am serious, and this is not midtown manhattan last time I checked...

your points are well taken, but bluest has a very good argument here, why not debate in a reasonable fashion?
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by TKF » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:13 am

TheBluest wrote:TKF thanks for having my back Big Bro!

Hey, I do my job around here sometimes... :lol:

:wink:

I just don't like the namecalling once someone voices an opinion that may not be popular, but does have merit... instead of doing that, why not debate the points you mention. that makes the board a better place....

and no problem....
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#46 » by TKF » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:23 am

king_k4life wrote:
Smoke24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You do know that as long as the "non hip hop" songs are making these rich guys more money, this is what they are going to teach our youth about this being hiphop and the culture it comes from and all that. Then what is the youth going to do, sit down somewhere, get a previously used beat, write and think they have a track. Track gets played and everyone realizes there is no passion on that track its just a bunch of words that rhyme. Oh wait it can be turned into a dance song, so thats what you hear mainstream now.

I want the art form back, that is why I like when I see poetry shows. I like to write but when I hear what these people have to say it just crazy and thats what I call passion. I've been writing for a while and won contest and all that. Whatever happen to all the break dancing and scratch contests,, you don't hear about them anymore.

I don't know, I try to show one thing, but others that have powers that goes beyond me shows another thing, they often win out.

I realized a looong time ago they don't give a fruck about the lives of me and fellow young black men until they can make money and pimp us despite the effects it has on the kids.

I gotta write a a blog on this later but I just finished a new one so probably tomorrow

Basically it goes like this

Find marketable person

Write basic degrading and idiotic lyrics

Play it and advertise to you black children

Make specials on how this is destroying society

And it's funny BET has those "Hip Hop VS America " specials but they are the same ones running the Tip Drill video..

king, you make some great points, but my question is, that why have so many so called artist fallen prey to this type of butchering of their music. I know why. The money, a lot of guys don't have integrity, they want a deal at all cost... Hey I think a lot of the creativity and just solid writing skills are gone. Yea you have the underground cats, but nowadays it just seems the combination of good beats and great writing skills are few and far between. I mean back in the 80's and early 90's there was just an explosion of gifted artist with great tracks.. I mean where have they gone?

I live in Georgia and talk about degrading and idiotic lyrics.... check out southern hip hop.. there are a few good artist, but as a whole... my lord... this typifies exactly what you said in your post ..LOL
OooSplendiforous
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#47 » by OooSplendiforous » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:24 am

Crack music... Joey was always in my opinion good enough to listen to on the radio but not enough to get the album.. This is shaping up to be his best album from what I heard. All this soulja boy snap music is garbage but it seems like Joe is staying away from that which is good.. This is the one Fat Joe album I will buy
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#48 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:48 am

king, you make some great points, but my question is, that why have so many so called artist fallen prey to this type of butchering of their music. I know why. The money, a lot of guys don't have integrity, they want a deal at all cost... Hey I think a lot of the creativity and just solid writing skills are gone. Yea you have the underground cats, but nowadays it just seems the combination of good beats and great writing skills are few and far between. I mean back in the 80's and early 90's there was just an explosion of gifted artist with great tracks.. I mean where have they gone?

I live in Georgia and talk about degrading and idiotic lyrics.... check out southern hip hop.. there are a few good artist, but as a whole... my lord... this typifies exactly what you said in your post ..LOL

I don't think artist have fallen prey honestly. If that was the case Nas would be making Snap music and Jay-Z would be getting crunk. Instead the people making dances and not music are being put on the radio instead of the new lyrical people such as Lupe Fiasco or Yung Menace...
Trust me it's not like they have any less rappers doing less lyrical work it's just those doing " REAL MUSIC " isn't being played because People today are So stupid they started to like the idiotic things being forced to them.

It's not just Hip Hop look at movies Meet The Spartans got more people to see it than Juno and No Country For Old Men COMBINED...

It's a shame people are not exposed to things better but it's even worse when they rather stay entertained by things they consider stupid.

Our very own Smac-K for example

I go to parties so I know all the stuff they play on the radio

Good thing they turn on those Reggae tracks for the grinding because Cranking that Soulja Boy gives me a cramp in the damn leg.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#49 » by TKF » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:51 pm

king_k4life wrote:

I don't think artist have fallen prey honestly. If that was the case Nas would be making Snap music and Jay-Z would be getting crunk. Instead the people making dances and not music are being put on the radio instead of the new lyrical people such as Lupe Fiasco or Yung Menace...
Trust me it's not like they have any less rappers doing less lyrical work it's just those doing " REAL MUSIC " isn't being played because People today are So stupid they started to like the idiotic things being forced to them.

It's not just Hip Hop look at movies Meet The Spartans got more people to see it than Juno and No Country For Old Men COMBINED...

It's a shame people are not exposed to things better but it's even worse when they rather stay entertained by things they consider stupid.

Well not the established vets like nas and Jay Z, those guys are legends already, I am talking about the guys looking for deals, the new kids or guys who have been grinding for years trying to get deals and are not like, to hell with it, I will make what they want to hear and get paid.. those types of guys I am talking about.. This is why guys like Joe Budden are so frustrated, Joe won't sell out and I respect that, but budden doesn't have a record deal either I think, and that sucks. I think he has skills and has always been good.... Hold it down joe!!!!

Oh I agree with that for sure, but look who is out there buying CD's. It is usually consumers between the ages 16-25, they are the bulk of the music buying audience, I think it was between those ages. I have to look it up again. But that is why these record labels target that audience and right now that is why we see all the corny crap out there.... I think that has a lot to do with it too... people under the age 25 don't give a damn about the integrity of music and hip hop.. sad, but true.. at least not most...
Lockdown
RealGM
And1: 1,499

Post#50 » by Lockdown » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:36 pm

king_k4life wrote:I just listened to Paid in Full again and I swear my ears are having an orgasm.

Revised top 10

1. Nas
2. Tupac
3. Notorious BIG
4. Jay-Z
5. Eminem
6. AZ
7. Rakim
8. Outkast
9. Other half of Outkast
10.Common

Man, Chuck D doesn't get 1/10th the respect he deserves. That man rarely gets mentioned but he should be on every top 5 everywhere, imo because you can count the number of MCs who had the same amount of substance as him on one hand.

For those that don't know, this is the Pete Rock remix of Shut 'Em Down, for starters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OPtWsAyj8E
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#51 » by TKF » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:02 pm

Lockdown wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Man, Chuck D doesn't get 1/10th the respect he deserves. That man rarely gets mentioned but he should be on every top 5 everywhere, imo because you can count the number of MCs who had the same amount of substance as him on one hand.

For those that don't know, this is the Pete Rock remix of Shut 'Em Down, for starters:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OPtWsAyj8E

yea, chuck D has to be in that top 10....
EnigmatiC
General Manager
And1: 1,453

Post#52 » by EnigmatiC » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:12 pm

Fat Joe used to have some skills back in his DITC days
gmsnyk7
Starter
And1: 0

Post#53 » by gmsnyk7 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:15 pm

fat joe is one whopper away from becoming the knicks starting center
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,949

Post#54 » by ITGM » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:06 pm

1Pac
2Big
3JayZ
4Nas
5Kanye

Kanye is a Sick M.C... The Only M.C Today (besides Jay) That can give a message while making these stupid Teens think he's talking all about Money,Cars, and B%tches.....
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#55 » by Scalabrine » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:21 pm

king_k4life wrote:I just listened to Paid in Full again and I swear my ears are having an orgasm.

Revised top 10

1. Nas
2. Tupac
3. Notorious BIG
4. Jay-Z
5. Eminem
6. AZ
7. Rakim
8. Outkast
9. Other half of Outkast
10.Common

Where the hell are the Roots (Black Thought) they are better than pretty much everyone on here. Also some people to think about, Slug, Brother Ali (although not up there yet), Cunninlynguists, even Lupe Fiasco has some good ****. I would say put Black Thought up on that list but then that would knock Common off, personally I would take AZ off and throw Black thought in the top 5 (lyrcally hes better than most everyone on the list but hasnt had as big of a Hip Hop influence as all of them because of there style.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,314

Post#56 » by Scalabrine » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:26 pm

ITGM wrote:1Pac
2Big
3JayZ
4Nas
5Kanye

Kanye is a Sick M.C... The Only M.C Today (besides Jay) That can give a message while making these stupid Teens think he's talking all about Money,Cars, and B%tches.....

then listen to some real music, not the poop that they play on the Radio, and honestly most of the poop they play on Radio by Kanye does suck, its his songs that arent on the Radio that can "send a message", please dont tell me that Drunk and Hot Hoes, and Gold Digger are top tracks that send a message that is Money, Cars, Bitches.

Any list with Kanye (although I like him) at number 5 as a top 5 rapper of all time, for words and beats only, is a damn fool and popped out of the whoom 12 years ago.
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#57 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:10 pm

Scalabrine wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Where the hell are the Roots (Black Thought) they are better than pretty much everyone on here. Also some people to think about, Slug, Brother Ali (although not up there yet), Cunninlynguists, even Lupe Fiasco has some good ****. I would say put Black Thought up on that list but then that would knock Common off, personally I would take AZ off and throw Black thought in the top 5 (lyrcally hes better than most everyone on the list but hasnt had as big of a Hip Hop influence as all of them because of there style.

Unbiased much ? :lol:

The Roots are cool but mostly because of them being a live band Black Thought isn't even the most iimportant memeber of The Roots.

And AZ is probably THE GOAT lyrically purely but he has not had that much influence and has had like 1 or 2 just solid albums.
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#58 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:13 pm

Oh I agree with that for sure, but look who is out there buying CD's. It is usually consumers between the ages 16-25, they are the bulk of the music buying audience, I think it was between those ages. I have to look it up again. But that is why these record labels target that audience and right now that is why we see all the corny crap out there.... I think that has a lot to do with it too... people under the age 25 don't give a damn about the integrity of music and hip hop.. sad, but true.. at least not most...

Well not the established vets like nas and Jay Z, those guys are legends already, I am talking about the guys looking for deals, the new kids or guys who have been grinding for years trying to get deals and are not like, to hell with it, I will make what they want to hear and get paid.. those types of guys I am talking about.. This is why guys like Joe Budden are so frustrated, Joe won't sell out and I respect that, but budden doesn't have a record deal either I think, and that sucks. I think he has skills and has always been good.... Hold it down joe!!!!

True but most 16 year olds only buy what is popular and these record companies are not giving smart meaningful music a chance.

And it's not only vets like Nas I haven't seen what rapper sell out ( aside from Fat Joe and Jada)

Did you know Kia Shine, Huey, Soulja Boy, Shop Boys back in 06.. nah cause they are not rappers they just got bought buy a company and sold.

But if I asked you the same question about Papoose, Saigon, Budden, Lupe, ect.. you know who they are because they are MC's and they release the music they want to and out of that list only Lupe has had more than 1 album released.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by TKF » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:27 pm

king_k4life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

True but most 16 year olds only buy what is popular and these record companies are not giving smart meaningful music a chance.

And it's not only vets like Nas I haven't seen what rapper sell out ( aside from Fat Joe and Jada)

Did you know Kia Shine, Huey, Soulja Boy, Shop Boys back in 06.. nah cause they are not rappers they just got bought buy a company and sold.

But if I asked you the same question about Papoose, Saigon, Budden, Lupe, ect.. you know who they are because they are MC's and they release the music they want to and out of that list only Lupe has had more than 1 album released.

That is why I mentioned Joe budden, the guy is one of the better rappers and has been for years and he doesn't even have a damn record deal....
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#60 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:33 pm

That is why I mentioned Joe budden, the guy is one of the better rappers and has been for years and he doesn't even have a damn record deal....

He had one all along but Def Jam never released his works lol then he got dropped like he wanted and went Independant

You can cop Mood Music 3 in stores this Feb

I won't cop it cause I'm not the biggest Budden fan but AZ will be a def purchase.

Did you hear Def Jam isn't going to release N I gga this month because they won't allow it to come out with that name. I think it's BS because Pac had Strictly For My N iggaz..

Return to New York Knicks