ImageImageImageImageImage

God have mercy on us.

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TwelvePac
Veteran
And1: 12

God have mercy on us. 

Post#1 » by TwelvePac » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:00 am

Please send an angel to talk James Dolan/IT into dumping salaries and start rebuilding.

We are never going to succeed like the Lakers and Celtics without accepting to wheather the re-building shower of criticism.

Nate
Eric Gordon
Balkman
Lee
R Morris
TwelvePac
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#2 » by TwelvePac » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:12 am

My apologies, but seeing the Lakers (and Celtics) be back to powerhouse again, ahead of us is too depressing.
xxrainnn
Lead Assistant
And1: 173

Post#3 » by xxrainnn » Sat Feb 2, 2008 2:50 am

Sigh. I'd love to see my team win a championship atleast once in my lifetime...
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Knick 4ever » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:09 am

We are never going to have a winning record until both Curry and Crawford are traded. I have said it many times before the last 3 seasons and I will say it again, trade those two as soon as possible.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
JoeT
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#5 » by JoeT » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:26 am

The Knicks can't expect to ever legitimately compete when there's more than a handful of teams in the league that have three players better than every player on our roster...

Boston (Garnett, Pierce, Allen)
Lakers (Kobe, Gasol, Bynum)
Dallas (Dirk, JHoward, Terry)
SanAn (TD, Tony, Manu)
Phoenix (Nash, Marion, Amare)
New Orleans (Paul, West, Tyson)
Denver (Melo, AI, Camby)

And arguably...

Orlando (Dwight, Shard, Hedo)
Detroit (Billups, Rip, Sheed)
Utah (Deron, Boozer, AK)

Then teams with much better prospects than we have, and teams in much better position to get cap space than we are, and teams with more assets than we have, and teams that have just one or two players better than anyone on our roster.

I think it's very fair to say that every team in the league is either (1) in better position than us to win a title now or (2) in better position to build towards a title contender in the future. Building around this current core would never bring us anywhere close to a title, and we're so ridiculously far away in terms of tearing it down and rebuilding, given our lack of tradeable assets and how hard it would be to get cap space. The Knicks are in the worst situation of any team in the league right now.
James_Dolan
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by James_Dolan » Sat Feb 2, 2008 3:27 am

Rebuilding is for failures.
keyindabox
Starter
And1: 171

Post#7 » by keyindabox » Sat Feb 2, 2008 5:42 am

^^That's where you come in.

Return to New York Knicks