ImageImageImageImageImage

Bonnaroo Lineup Announced!!!!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Bonnaroo Lineup Announced!!!! 

Post#1 » by Scalabrine » Tue Feb 5, 2008 6:20 pm

Lineup should be announced in the next couple weeks/days and with rumors of Zeppelin (Robert Plant and Alison Krauss have confirmed) Pearl Jam, Metallica, the Roots, Blackalicious, Willie Nelson, Jack Johnson, and B.B. King all being there (plus many more) this could be one of the best festivals the Roo has had. After many summers of dreaming and reading I can say that this year I will finally be going (unless ticket prices are through the roof).

Is anyone else going?

Does anyone have any other rumers/confirmations that I havent listed?

edit: the initial lineup is down at the bottom of the page.
DonJuanCapistro
Senior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by DonJuanCapistro » Tue Feb 5, 2008 7:47 pm

Where is the festival being held? I'd def consider, I've never seen metallica, and the roots put on one helluva show.
“I felt like I was in college again. That's one of the best feelings in the world. You don't have to worry about anything.” Salim Stoudamire
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#3 » by Scalabrine » Tue Feb 5, 2008 8:40 pm

well niether is confirmed, the only two that have confirmed (or at least there websites that display there tour dates have) are Willie Nelson and B.B. King and im pretty sure Plant and Krauss.

The fesitval lasts 4 days (June 12-15) on a 80 acre farm in Manchester Tennessee, Ive never read anything negative about it and always hear that its just one giant party and a really chill atmosphere with people smoking cassually outside there tents and cops not really caring.

It gets better every year and look at last years lineup:
http://www.bonnaroo.com/artists.aspx

Big names from last year include:
The Police, The Roots, White Stripes, Wilco, Spearhead and Michael Franti, Ziggy Marley, Franz Ferdinand, Wolf Mother, Cold War Kids, John Paul Jones (Led Zep Bassist), Ben Harper, Lilly Allen, The Hold Steady, Flight of the Conchords, Flaming Lips, and some hilarious comedians. That was just last year.

Radiohead is also one of the big rumors that have recently come out.
Go Knicks!
DonJuanCapistro
Senior

Post#4 » by DonJuanCapistro » Tue Feb 5, 2008 9:06 pm

last year was very solid, im definitly going to look into it. I woulda gone solely to see wolfmother. Rock the bells was insane this summer, throwin that out there for no real reason.
“I felt like I was in college again. That's one of the best feelings in the world. You don't have to worry about anything.” Salim Stoudamire
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#5 » by Scalabrine » Tue Feb 5, 2008 9:24 pm

A fellow Wolfmother Fan, they are currently my favorite rock band thats still making music, although they havent came out with anything for a while. Tickets are like $200 though so paying that just to see Wolfmother is a little silly.

Very jelous of you for going to Rock The Bells, that was my dream concert and somehow everyone I knew who knew much less about the guys there went and I was left without a ticket.

This is a festival though, a completely different animal.
Go Knicks!
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,314

Post#6 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Feb 5, 2008 10:22 pm

I wanted to go to this for a few years running but never seem to make it down for whatever reason. Seems like a nice excuse to go on a 4 day bender though
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#7 » by truth serum » Wed Feb 6, 2008 12:58 am

I went a few years ago with a couple of friends. The year they had Dave Mathews, Jack Johnson to name a few. It was def a sick experience. Long drive....wish we saw a few more shows than we wound up seeing. We smoked a little too much weed and hash and it sorta knocked us out every time we did. One of the kids I went with used to post here. Guis...if you're reading this....what the f**k have you been doing and how's Vermont? This Bonnaroo sounds sick...we should go again.
DaveChecketts
Junior
And1: 39

Post#8 » by DaveChecketts » Wed Feb 6, 2008 6:57 am

holy sh*t I just checked this site for the first time in 2 months and I see bonnaroo. Then I see at the mecca posted...then I see guis in the post. What the f*ck are the chances of that, this is very close to being as crazy as meeting you on here the first time. If Zep and Metallica get together for this bonnaroo there is no chance I wont be there, but Id like to go either way. Vermont is snowy. The best thing about it, by far, is no MSG and no Knick games, cuz if I had it, Id be forced to watch.
JackKnife2ooo
Senior
And1: 36

Post#9 » by JackKnife2ooo » Wed Feb 6, 2008 7:38 am

was there last year
will be there this year

i'll also be at coachella

godspeed...
see y'all there.
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#10 » by Scalabrine » Wed Feb 6, 2008 2:21 pm

The Lineup just got announced like 15 minutes ago...

* Pearl Jam
* Metallica
* Jack Johnson
* Kanye West
* Robert Plant and Alison Krauss featuring T-Bone Burnett
* Phil Lesh & Friends
* My Morning Jacket
* The Allman Brothers Band
* The Raconteurs
* Willie Nelson
* Death Cab for Cutie
* B.B. King
* Sigur Ros
* Levon Helm and the Ramble on the Road
* Ben Folds
* O.A.R.
* The Bluegrass Allstars Featuring Luke Bulla, Sam Bush, Jerry Douglas, Bela fleck, Edgar Meyer & Brya
* M.I.A.
* Umphrey's McGee
* Iron & Wine
* Yonder Mountain String Band
* The Swell Season
* Talib Kweli
* Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi's Soul Stew Revival
* Gogol Bordello
* Broken Social Scene
* Robert Randolph's Revival
* Rilo Kiley
* Mastodon
* Lupe Fiasco
* Against Me!
* Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings
* Pat Green
* Ozomatli
* Tegan & Sara
* Solomon Burke
* Drive-By Truckers
* !!!
* The Avett Brothers
* Israel Vibration
* Abigail Washburn & The Sparrow Quartet featuring Bela Fleck
* Aimee Mann
* Ladytron
* The Fiery Furnaces
* Orchestra Baobab
* Ghostland Observatory
* Jose Gonzalez
* Dark Star Orchestra
* Minus the Bear
* Donavon Frankenreiter
* Lez Zeppelin
* State Radio
* Battles
* Jakob Dylan
* Two Gallants
* The Sword
* Vampire Weekend
* Little Feat
* Nicole Atkins
* The Felice Brothers
* Mason Jennings
* MGMT
* The Lee Boys
* Black Kids
* Serena Ryder
* Steel Train
* Grupo Fantasma
* Back Door Slam
* Bonnaroo Late Night Chat About with David Cross
* Janeane Garofalo
* Zach Galifianakis
* Jim Norton
* Brian Posehn
* Mike Birbiglia
* John Mulaney
* Michelle Buteau
Thats the main lineup more will be announced, and more will just show up. Im hapy with the lineup very unexpected that Kante is gonna be there I had a feeling Lupe would be there.

Im excited!!!
Awoooga
Sixth Man
And1: 17

Post#11 » by Awoooga » Wed Feb 6, 2008 5:47 pm

thats freaking sick, I really want to go, how does it work with the stages? and how is the sleeping situation, hotel or camping?
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#12 » by truth serum » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:21 pm

^Camping baby!

Guis, we're def goin to this. Kanye and Lupe...thats ill. Metallica and Pearl Jam is ridiculous too.
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#13 » by Scalabrine » Wed Feb 6, 2008 8:41 pm

At first I wasnt to stoked about Metallica but then I read that there concerts are mostly there old songs which are sick and not as many new songs which arent so great in my opinion. Alman Brothers are crazy, Jack Johnson was unexpected too, so was Kanye, Led Zeppelin could still be there too. More will be announced every week most likely.
Go Knicks!
DonJuanCapistro
Senior

Post#14 » by DonJuanCapistro » Wed Feb 6, 2008 9:07 pm

yeah, wolfmother is great, they better drop a new album. Its real refreshing to see a band not conform, they have a real old school/open ended song structure which i love. They're the only band ive heard have the balls to rock out in a real long time. Lemme know if u have any news on them.

Its a shame you couldnt make it out to rock the bells, i've seen pretty much everyband i love (chili peppers, radiohead, white stripes) and rage blew them all away. I didnt think it was possible but the atmosphere they created was unbeleivable.

as far as bonnaroo, is zeppelin confirmed or is it speculation?

I think im going to have to fork over the 200 and commit to this, i would love to see the raconteurs, jack white has a divine presence on stage.

Lupe is one of the few rappers left with any skill, although i heard his live act is so so i still wanna see him.

Metallica is going to steal the show unless zeppelin comes out!

thanks for the info scalabrine
Scalabrine
RealGM

Post#15 » by Scalabrine » Wed Feb 6, 2008 11:20 pm

no problem, Zep isnt confirmed (Lez Zeppelin is) but alot of people have a feeling that they arent going to be announced till the second batch of tickets are.

Ticket prices are starting at 209 this year with a fee of 22 that goes to charity, utilities, and concessions, the next jumps up to 220 or something then 250,
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#16 » by krustytheclown » Thu Feb 7, 2008 12:49 am

steel train ftw!

Return to New York Knicks