ImageImageImageImageImage

My Trade Idea to Change the franchise

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

NYKStarbury
Senior
And1: 0

My Trade Idea to Change the franchise 

Post#1 » by NYKStarbury » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:37 am

I'm sorry if somebody has posted something similar...I don't spend all day reading every post but this just came to my mind and I had to post it.

Knicks Trade:

Curry
Crawford
08 2nd

Heat trade:

Jason Williams
Ricky Davis
08 1st

I think it would be smart to start out with the Why for the Miami Heat. They just made a the trade for Marion and could complete a nice starting lineup with this trade. Crawford, Wade, Marion, Haslem, Curry. They don't have a center now without Shaq, Doleac just isn't going to cover it. Wade did say that he doesn't want to forfeit the season. This gets them to an average age in the nba and thats a great lineup in the East. Yes; they are the worst team in the league but in the East anything can happen and there is still half a season left to make a push. Sell the pick while it has great value. Maybe getting Marion alone could make the difference, who knows?!

Knicks do this because you get 16 Mill in expiring contracts, on top of the 6 mill expiring we have with Dickau and Jones. I would still love a follow up deal and trade zbo, qrich, and....well...everybody except, balkman, nate, lee, chandler. Get any and all expirings and picks this year. New York is a place were stars would love to play, but right now we are a mess and we need to start over. Just like Kevin Pritchard said, you get the best talent through the draft and if we had our pick, and the heat pick that is a great start along with 16 mill off the books this year and about 28 mill off the books next year with Marbs and Rose. Not only that but it helps our pick this year. :)

Anyways, not to make this a novel but I think this would be great for both sides. What do you guys think?
HKSVIP
Bench Warmer
And1: 107

Post#2 » by HKSVIP » Thu Feb 7, 2008 5:52 am

We don't have an 08 second and why would teh heat want Crawford when they have Wade? Also, why would they want Curry when they can draft Jordan?
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#3 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Feb 7, 2008 6:01 am

I think it has some merit. They sure are not landing a new franchise big unless you count Beasley and hes likley to go #1 overall so ...

if they cant get a fanchise big to help wade they might as well move their pick for this package
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#4 » by truth serum » Thu Feb 7, 2008 6:44 am

This has definitely been tinkered with before. While there might be a chance they would give us Davis and Williams (still unlikely) depending on if they want to make a playoff push or continue tanking....we're definitely not getting their pick too in a trade like this. With the way Curry has played and how inconsistent Jamal is....the trade might actually make them worse than they are now which is hard to believe. God forbid it did....Riley would be crucified for giving us that pick. Not a chance.

Making this trade is questionable for them. It could work out nicely, especially since Haslem does all of the things Curry doesn't. Things we've been dying to see from our PF. But is Curry so bad defensively and on the glass that it will cancel Haslem out? This is also quite the commitment for them salary wise as well. Making this trade basically means that Riley would try to make another championship push with a lineup up-

Crawford/Banks
Wade
Marion
Haslem
Curry

Too risky if you ask me. If the trade is a bust, he'll never be able to move Curry. I think he has other plans. He's either going to let Marion's contract expire next year and completely rebuild...get better pieces for Davis and Williams' expirings....or just let those 2 expire and have some extra cap room to sign players to surround Wade and Marion. I have a feeling he's just gonna let Marion expire, get a nice pick this year and start young and fresh.

Return to New York Knicks