ImageImageImageImageImage

The guy we need is OJ Mayo - Forget Derrck Rose

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

JookyJam
Banned User
And1: 0

The guy we need is OJ Mayo - Forget Derrck Rose 

Post#1 » by JookyJam » Thu Feb 7, 2008 3:35 pm

Let miami get their hopes on Derrick Rose wh plays the same as D-Wade. The knicks need to focus on drafting OJ mayo. NBA scouts label him as the number 1 or 2 pick with Derrick Rose being labeled raw athleticism but game ready. We need to tank the rest of the season and i hink the knicks team knows that and are doing such.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#2 » by Johnny Hoops » Thu Feb 7, 2008 3:41 pm

I was initially unimpressed with Mayo but watched him again recently and he was very nice.

I think we have to let the season play out further and see how all these young guys continue to progress as the college season finishes out.

It would be exciting to have a top 3 pick and know we might have a shot at Beasley, Rose or Mayo.

I'd tend to lean towards the unselfish point who is a great athlete and who can play D. See the impact of Paul and D. Williams (Utah). Mayo has point skills but seems to be more of a 2-guard. He plays D though and he's a great talent.

I'm praying that Zeke can move somebody for a lottery pick. I would like to see Thabeet brought in to defend the paint for us.

Netting a Rose or Mayo plus a big defensive center -- could get us back on a winning path.

Return to New York Knicks