ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Reagan: Yes we can

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

OT: Reagan: Yes we can 

Post#1 » by richardhutnik » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX8X_FsBCDk

Someone took a Reagan speech and put it to the Obama song, "Yes we can". It just shows how you can get a lot of support if you simply speak positive and instill hope. You see the underlying message of "Yes we can" in this video.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
Jemini80
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by Jemini80 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:35 pm

this is funny

cuz it seems like Romney has an autobiography of Ronald Reagan and he just follows it to a tee, i hear he endorsed McCain today.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,874

Post#3 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:43 pm

Regan: yes we can ... rename ketchup as a vegetable so that school lunches can call it one and then call it their required serving

Regan: yes we can ... negotiate arms sales with Iran to hold the hostages several weeks longer so they would be released on the day that Regan is sworn into office.
Jemini80
Banned User

Post#4 » by Jemini80 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:45 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:Regan: yes we can ... rename ketchup as a vegetable so that school lunches can call it one and then call it their required serving

Regan: yes we can ... negotiate arms sales with Iran to hold the hostages several weeks longer so they would be released on the day that Regan is sworn into office.

it wouldn't suprise me that someone like you hates REAGAN.

what are your opinions on Bill Clinton, considering he made deals with the Chinese that basically insured their future uprising as a military, technological, and economic superpower that will soon pass us?
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#5 » by king_k4life » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:16 pm

Jemini80 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

what are your opinions on Bill Clinton, considering he made deals with the Chinese that basically insured their future uprising as a military, technological, and economic superpower that will soon pass us?

What's wrong with that ?
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,874

Post#6 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:20 pm

Jemini80 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LOL at you
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#7 » by chitownsports4ever » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:24 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:Regan: yes we can ... rename ketchup as a vegetable so that school lunches can call it one and then call it their required serving

Hey Reagan was passing out those blocks of cheese that made the best grilled cheese EVA !! I know people who are still pissed the govt stopped handing those out. :D
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Jemini80
Banned User

Post#8 » by Jemini80 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:31 pm

king_k4life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What's wrong with that ?

what's wrong with selling weapons, technology, and other things to China?

the only reason countries bother with us isbecause they are scared **** of us, with China that will all change.

I fail to see what is funny about what I said NLR, but i guess that must be my education getting in the way. Nothing i posted is fabricated, unlike your post which you have no proof that Reagan negotiated with the Iranians.

and just because Reagan ruined the people that don't matter doesn't mean he wasn't a great president.
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#9 » by king_k4life » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:34 pm

Jemini80 wrote:

Was Reagan in Power for Oliver North Contraband thing I believe he was..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiuNd5SoU8E

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_North

The Iran-Contra Affair was a political scandal occurring in 1987 as a result of earlier events during the Reagan administration in which members of the executive branch sold weapons to Iran, an avowed enemy, and illegally used the proceeds to continue funding anti-Sandinista rebels, the Contras, in Nicaragua

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran-Contra

Also I was saying what is wrong with China becoming a super power like they already have...
Jemini80
Banned User

Post#10 » by Jemini80 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:37 pm

nice job showing you don't know when the Iranian hostage crisis happened.

that is the end of his last term

iranian hostage crisis ended right when he came into office.
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#11 » by king_k4life » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:38 pm

Jemini80 wrote:nice job showing you don't know when the Iranian hostage crisis happened.

that is the end of his last term

iranian hostage crisis ended right when he came into office.

Wasn't talking about that Crisis...

And no I don't know the exact date it happened

I DO KNOW that it happened around the time he did get elected though because it was in a movie I saw recently.. ( was it in Last King of Scotland ?)
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,951

Post#12 » by Fat Kat » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:39 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Hey Reagan was passing out those blocks of cheese that made the best grilled cheese EVA !! I know people who are still pissed the govt stopped handing those out. :D

My mom works for the city and bought a cheese slicer just to cut that cheese. :lol: The good ole days.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#13 » by king_k4life » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:40 pm

Fat Kat wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

My mom works for the city and bought a cheese slicer just to cut that cheese. :lol: The good ole days.

Eeee @ goverment cheese

Cracker Barrel Sharp all day 4.00 bucks a bar :nod:
nykfan70
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#14 » by nykfan70 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:15 pm

[quote="Jemini80"][/quote]

You have no idea the stuff Ronald did, first of all in the mid 40's as the Head of the Actor's guild, he started off as a Democrat, then when the Republicans decided to attack and destroy the Unions, for being Communists, Ronald switched parties seeing that the Republicans were more profitable to him and his future political career.
After doing so he spearheaded the destruction of a new Hollywood Union, which then was prequel to his similar attack on the Air Traffic Controllers Union in the 80's when he was President, which has had an affect on the Power of Unions today.
ALso during his Presidency he allowed Bush Sr and the CIA to finance and train the Bin Laden and the Taliban to fight in Afgahnistan against the Soviets, the Taliban were seen in the White House a number of times during his Presidency.
This is the very same Taliban and Al Qieda that we are fighting today, with a Bush in the office, this is no coincedence.

As faras China is concerned in the present, the Bush Administration is borrowing money from China and other countries to the tune of 100's of Millions of dollars a day, to finance Bush's War and other assorted personal pleasures the Bush's Administration as conjured up while they rape and run this country into the ground.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#15 » by VinnyTheMick » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:41 pm

king_k4life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What's wrong with that ?

Whats wrong with enabling China to pass us? You're really asking that question?
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#16 » by mugzi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Vin, he is serious, lol.

King- I'll phrase this so you can understand, since it always boils down to race with you.

Imagine China was a nation in Africa with a population over 1 billion with a communist regime in power that stifles free speech, limits child birth to 1 chil;d per family, and literally {until very recently} disposed of "female newborns" since they saw that as an effective way to limit future poppulation growth.

Then does that answer your question as to why China shouldnt have the same "military technology" we have.

Theres a high liklihood we'll be at war w/China in our lifetime and they will have a decent chance of winning because of everyones favorite president on this board "Bubba Clinton"

The man allowed sensitive techniology that wasnt previously authorized to be sold to China to be sold. Say what you want about Republicans but they were smart enough not to give China our sensitive technology.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
mugzi
General Manager

Post#17 » by mugzi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:53 pm

dbl post
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#18 » by VinnyTheMick » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:56 pm

mugzi wrote:limits child birth to 1 child per family, and literally {until very recently} disposed of "female newborns" since they saw that as an effective way to limit future population growth.

My cousin actually went to China & adopted a baby girl because of this. It took them over 2 years to get through all the legal crap in China but they eventually adopted her. This was back in the mid 90's now the girl is like 10. Nothing like a Chinese girl with an italian last name :rofl:
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
mugzi
General Manager

Post#19 » by mugzi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:00 pm

:lol:

Thats some funny ish. My homeboys family has adopted 3 Chinese girls, but they're all sweet as can be and smart as whips and to think if they werent adopted they quite possibly wouldve been thrown over a cliff.
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.

Return to New York Knicks