ImageImageImageImageImage

NYP: Stern To Push Colangelo as GM

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,836

NYP: Stern To Push Colangelo as GM 

Post#1 » by Knick4Real » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:24 pm

- Dolan remains TOTALLY quiet on the state of the KNICKS
- Isiah makes NO TRADES prior to the deadline
- Stern makes claim the KNICKS will be better NEXT season

Is something in the works? This article seems to think so:

DOLAN MUM ON KNICKS, STERN WILL PUSH FOR COLANGELO AS GM

Monday, Feb 25, 2008

Commissioner David Stern is an avid fan of former Phoenix Suns owner Jerry Colangelo and brought him in to clean up USA Basketball. It's no secret around the league Stern will lobby for Madison Square Garden Chairman James Dolan to bring in Colangelo this summer to serve as GM for the New York Knicks.

During All-Star festivities in New Orleans, Colangelo told The New York Post he would be interested in interviewing for the Knick job if it became open. Stern said in the Big Easy he was "optimistic" about the Knicks' fortunes for next season.

Meanwhile, Dolan appears shell-shocked. According to a source who attended the technology summit in New Orleans Saturday, Dolan was asked his feelings on the state of the Knicks as he was walking from the panel. Dolan said, according the source, "I'm not commenting on the Knicks and I'm not commenting for a long time."

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post ... =nba,68269
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,345

Post#2 » by blueNorange » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:48 pm

I really don't believe that other article of Dolan saying 'Look at the Celtics' caca. I mean Dolan could just tell the media that Thomas' job is safe.

I'm still confident that Isiah won't be the GM by the draft.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#3 » by GuyverADL » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:10 pm

If I have learned anything this year its that Thomas isnt bs'ing anymore with his comments. He said we were getting rid of Nichols and thats what happened. He said said Marbury better not have a bad Novemebr and look what happened. He said he would not be active during the trade deadline and look what happened.

I dont think he is going anywhere. Stern doesnt tell Dolan what to do.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,532

Post#4 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:34 pm

Nobody really knows what Dolan is thinking. I wouldn
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,836

Post#5 » by Knick4Real » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:48 pm

optimusadl wrote:If I have learned anything this year its that Thomas isnt bs'ing anymore with his comments. He said we were getting rid of Nichols and thats what happened. He said said Marbury better not have a bad Novemebr and look what happened. He said he would not be active during the trade deadline and look what happened.

I dont think he is going anywhere. Stern doesnt tell Dolan what to do.

Stern doesn't tell Dolan what to do, but Stern could be knowledgeable of any plans by Dolan to make a change at season's end.

Dolan likes being an independent owner, but he still needs the support of the league from time to time and has been getting it. Remember when Stern granted every team in the NBA a "one time" waiver of one player? At the time most called it the "ALLAN HOUSTON RULE" since they thought it was created mostly to help the KNICKS (even though we used it to waive JYD)? And let's not forget the Larry Brown arbitration, where Stern saved Dolan millions in owed salary to Larry Brown. And of course Stern was very soft on Dolan from the whole Anucha Brown Saunders lawsuit from last summer, when he could have come down very hard. So Stern has shown a pattern of interest and authority to help this ball club down the line, and Dolan knows it. Now Stern may be ready to cash in on some of those "favors" he's provided throughout the years.

The KNICKS are an original NBA franchise and probably the league's biggest market. So it wouldn't be out of the ordinary if Stern has offered his advice and assistance in helping fix this franchise for the good of all involved.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,882

Post#6 » by Jose7 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:54 pm

This is what IM F-CKING TALKING ABOUT!!
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
King Jaffy Jo
Rookie
And1: 11

Post#7 » by King Jaffy Jo » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:00 pm

not getting my hopes up.
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#8 » by eviL » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:01 pm

King Jaffy Jo wrote:not getting my hopes up.

+1
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#9 » by NYKAL » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:06 pm

this is old news. Stern tried to convince Dolan to put Kiki or coangelo in charge earlier this season. Dolan basically told him to go f himself
Papa Midnite
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#10 » by Papa Midnite » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:03 pm

King Jaffy Jo wrote:not getting my hopes up.

evil_e wrote:+1

+2
Nupes: Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain, Sam Jones, Elgin Baylor, Alex English, H20, Rolando Blackman, Danny Manning, Darrell Walker (ex-Knick), Penny, Bernie Bickerstaff, Bob Johnson (Bobcats), John Chaney, Kerry Kittles, Johnny Newman
KitKatBars
Banned User
And1: 0
Location: I'm a little defenestrated. I only use a Mac and Linux.

Post#11 » by KitKatBars » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:04 pm

"I'm not commenting on the Knicks and I'm not commenting for a long time."
Marbury on playing the role of a PG, "It's been kinda of tough, but it's an adjustment...I haven't been playing as aggressive as I normally play on the basketball court and thats just from trying to get everybody involved and into the game."
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#12 » by truth serum » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:40 pm

KitKatBars wrote:"I'm not commenting on the Knicks and I'm not commenting for a long time."

What a pompous ass. I really hate this man with a passion. :evil:
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#13 » by livintoolive » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:08 pm

This article sucks. It is the author postulating based on previous PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE! The author might as well have created an account here, became a ballboy and posted a thread.
symbiotic
Sixth Man
And1: 705

Post#14 » by symbiotic » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:23 pm

Why would Dolan get rid of Isiah Thomas when we have the potential to be as good as the Celtics next year? I mean, that's what Dolan said, right? Not only that, but Isiah also said that we are laying down the foundation for a championship as the team stands right now! There is no reason to fire Isiah Thomas!

Ah screw the green font, sarcasm loses its effect when you are warned of it in advance.
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#15 » by VinnyTheMick » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:29 pm

Fire the man already, Jimmy.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
James_Dolan
Banned User

Post#16 » by James_Dolan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:13 pm

That article is almost a week old. Why post it now?
method
RealGM
And1: 299

Post#17 » by method » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:02 pm

[quote="Jose7
maddbaron
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#18 » by maddbaron » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:15 pm

his team. Dolan will do what he wants tho as a knick fan who likes Zeke and wants to see him do the hatchet job on do a full rebuild he wasn't allowed to when he 1st got here i am fairly certain Dolan is gonna fire Zeke a day after the season if we don't sneak into the playoffs...hell likely fire him after the last game...i don't want Colangelo tho I want Joe Dumar's right hand man in Detroit, he's young has good will around te league worked with Colangelo on building team usa and is regarded as an excellent talent scout and drafter...fire zeke if it has to happen but i am not looking forward to crappy drafts again that forces us to spend spend spend and get old real quick...
DDV
General Manager

Post#19 » by DDV » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:23 pm

maddbaron wrote: as a knick fan who likes Zeke

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
James_Dolan
Banned User

Post#20 » by James_Dolan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:26 pm

maddbaron wrote:his team. Dolan will do what he wants tho as a knick fan who likes Zeke and wants to see him do the hatchet job on do a full rebuild he wasn't allowed to when he 1st got here i am fairly certain Dolan is gonna fire Zeke a day after the season if we don't sneak into the playoffs...hell likely fire him after the last game...i don't want Colangelo tho I want Joe Dumar's right hand man in Detroit, he's young has good will around te league worked with Colangelo on building team usa and is regarded as an excellent talent scout and drafter...fire zeke if it has to happen but i am not looking forward to crappy drafts again that forces us to spend spend spend and get old real quick...

What? Man, this guy is living in a fantasy world. Yeah, Isiah's leaving will cause us to "spend, spend, spend" because we haven't been doing that now. Yeah, Isiah's leaving will destroy our drafts because the great Lord Thomas found 2 late round GOOD role players in the draft and all of a sudden became a draft genius. Yeah, Isiah was forced to sign Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, trade for Randolph, trade 2 lottery picks for Curry, and so on and so. Isiah is a framed man I tell'ya. He is innocent. Very innocent.

Return to New York Knicks