ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Haywood on James

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#1 » by livintoolive » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:20 pm

Starks
Veteran
And1: 408

OT: Haywood on James 

Post#2 » by Starks » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:20 pm

"I mean come on, man, this is the playoffs," Haywood added. "He wears 23, he wants to be Michael Jordan; I can respect that, he's a great player. You saw what Mike went through. Mike got fouled way worse than this. No one is trying to hurt him; everybody is trying to play basketball, trying to play tough. Play basketball and leave it alone."

That's the problem nowadays, players don't realize that the game used to be a lot more physical back in the days and they still find a way to complain. This is becoming a league of softies it's not even funny. I'm having a hard time supporting divas like James. If you want to be the King, then play and behave like one, and stop all of this pregame show BS, just play Basketball.

I was watching a vintage Knicks/Bulls game the other day and as I was seeing MJ get hit badly on all of his drives by the likes of McDaniels or Oak and still manage to dominate without whining, I was thinking that modern Basketball is not the same sport. Back then was real competition, not live advertisements.
Starks
Veteran

Post#3 » by Starks » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:24 pm

oh my bad. Feel free to lock, didn't know it was already being discussed
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,363

Post#4 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:35 pm

zzz it'll probably be merged...anyway, the problem is the rules. When players know they're gonna get calls, they'll whine to hell about it. They've become much softer on perimeter players..
Starks
Veteran

Post#5 » by Starks » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:58 pm

knicksh20b wrote:zzz it'll probably be merged...anyway, the problem is the rules. When players know they're gonna get calls, they'll whine to hell about it. They've become much softer on perimeter players..

yeah David Stern messed it up

Return to New York Knicks