ImageImageImageImageImage

Balkman's time is over

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,684

Post#21 » by DE FENSE » Wed May 14, 2008 6:02 pm

Balk loves to run and pushes the ball, and he can finish on the break...I think he's an asset to the team and under his rookie contract, he's a keeper unless you can use him to get rid of a bad contract.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#22 » by earthmansurfer » Wed May 14, 2008 6:02 pm

We need Balman on a running team. He can bring the ball up the floor, play defense, and probably get 12 - 15 points of "garbage" points. Little will come on jumpshots. Chandler clearly has more upside but Balkman more than serves his role.

Remember guys, he is one player that stats don't tell the whole story. It would be a mistake to let him go.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#23 » by GuyverADL » Wed May 14, 2008 6:15 pm

[quote="hoodie
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#24 » by mjhp911 » Wed May 14, 2008 6:20 pm

CDAZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

last I checked Balkman could run the floor, play great man to man defense, block shots, rebound the ball, and dribble the ball. How is that one dimensional? The only thing he can't do is shoot. Matrix didn't come into the NBa with a jumpshot, neither did grant hill or pippen

:nod:

Keep both Taz and JSlim. I think they can both play in 'Antoni's system. They are both versatile (can play and defend multiple postions) as well, a trait Mr. Pringles loves. I think Coach Antoni can squeeze better shooting out of them, he has that effect on the confidence of players.
hoodie©
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#25 » by hoodie© » Wed May 14, 2008 7:07 pm

optimusADL wrote:If you can tell me what Balkman does better than Deron Washington, a bonified 2nd rounder, I will never speak of Balkman again.

Fact remains their are Balkman's in every draft. Very long and athletic with little real basketball skill.

Do you know why he got so little minutes this year.because he looks erratic on the court. He still picks up silly fouls and made it apparent that he has little B ball IQ.

He runs around like a chicken with his head cut off and the fans cheer. Woopty doo he hustles.

What the **** does Deron Washington have to do with this? I'd like to get him as well. Their are Balkman's in every draft, We have our Balkman so WTF is your point? Young players that aren't getting the proper direction from their coaches are going to look erratic on the damn court.

There are players of every type in damn near every draft except the franchise/HOF caliber players so don't give me that bull.

There are scorers/shotblockers/defenders/3pt shooters/rebounders in every draft so **** your point.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,295

Post#26 » by enigmatics » Wed May 14, 2008 7:16 pm

Having no jump shot relegates you to "useless" status in Mike's offense.
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,367

Post#27 » by gavran » Wed May 14, 2008 7:20 pm

enigmatics wrote:Having no jump shot relegates you to "useless" status in Mike's offense.

Diaw had no J in 2005/06 season, when he had carrier high in minutes played. Amar
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#28 » by eviL » Wed May 14, 2008 7:28 pm

Balkman is a one-man fast break. Rebound, run, take it up or pass. How many guys do we have who can do this?

Nate for sure, JJeff to a lesser extent, and possibly Chandler.. We don't have many guys who can take a rebound right into the break because they either rebound inconsistently, cant run, cant pass, or a combination of any. Balkman can have a lot of value in this system, even with his limited offensive ability (though we've seen he's not shy to jack a 3 here and there.) He'll be a great 7th or 8th man under 'toni.

If we go to war with our roster as it stands now, we'd probably look like this:

Curry / JJeff
Lee / Zack
Chandler / Balk
Steph / Nate / Balk
Craw / Nate

Of course Q would have to fall off the face of the earth.. :pray:
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,279

Post#29 » by blueNorange » Wed May 14, 2008 7:32 pm

evil_e wrote:Balkman is a one-man fast break.
to bad he ends up bricking a dunk.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
hoodie©
Banned User

Post#30 » by hoodie© » Wed May 14, 2008 7:38 pm

blueNorange wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

to bad he ends up bricking a dunk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXO7F3ZUg2c

I don't know what was his issue this year but regular Mania is a slanger.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,279

Post#31 » by blueNorange » Wed May 14, 2008 7:41 pm

[quote="hoodie
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
hoodie©
Banned User

Post#32 » by hoodie© » Wed May 14, 2008 7:45 pm

Balkman has hang time but no air time ... hopefully that makes sense.

and btw, that dude with the jew fro who uploaded that is uber cool. :D

I know what you mean, he doesn't get off the ground vertically like a Deron Washington/Josh Smith/Gerald Wallace/Jamario Moon/Nate Robinson does.

His athleticism is more Garnett-Lite without the huge hands.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#33 » by GuyverADL » Wed May 14, 2008 7:45 pm

[quote="hoodie
hoodie©
Banned User

Post#34 » by hoodie© » Wed May 14, 2008 7:46 pm

Balkman has hang time but no air time ... hopefully that makes sense.

and btw, that dude with the white mans fro who uploaded that is uber cool. :D

that boy look testosteronelly challenged too me.
hoodie©
Banned User

Post#35 » by hoodie© » Wed May 14, 2008 7:48 pm

optimusADL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Balkman is the 8th man on this team at best. If I can package him for a prospect or a lottery pick he'd be as good as gone.

The main reason I dont care for Balkman is he plays with zero Bball IQ. He plays totally out of control and tries to do too much sometimes.

Chandler came on and basically blew Balkman out of the water. He was knocking down jumpers, blocking shots, hitting free throws, and finishing around the rim. We need guys like Chandler not like Balkman. You think Chandler cant run like Balkman? Your Crazy.

Chandler doesnt try to dunk every play because he can actually finish around the rim with various moves.

Balkman is expandable. So you wouldnt trade Lee and Balkman for Darrel Arthur?

Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,374

Post#36 » by Scalabrine » Wed May 14, 2008 8:17 pm

optimusADL wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Obviously I'd prefer Balkman but nobody is taking Jeffries without sending garbage back. So I'd move Balkman now while he value is still high.

I honestly think you dont know basketball. Balkman is the perfect forward for this system by D'Antonis SSOL position definitions. He is a great rebounder and when he grabs that rebound he is more than capable of running a fast break himself with his good court vision and ball handling for a guy his size. Hes also the best defender on our team right now, there is no way this guy should be traded right now he can be utilized so well and if D'Antoni cant find a place for him (which i doubt) then he will be able to trade him but to say while his value is still high is stupid, this is the system a player like Balkman will play best in so there is no reason for his value to get lower. Think before you post because I honestly think that your just typing without thinking with over half of our posts.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,203

Post#37 » by stuporman » Wed May 14, 2008 8:17 pm

OP has zero BBIQ.......... and likely is still a virgin...........
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
CDAZ
Head Coach
And1: 2,281

Post#38 » by CDAZ » Wed May 14, 2008 8:33 pm

[quote="hoodie
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,798

Post#39 » by Fat Kat » Wed May 14, 2008 8:41 pm

stuporman wrote:OP has zero BBIQ.......... and likely is still a virgin...........

:nod: Probably true on both counts.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#40 » by GuyverADL » Wed May 14, 2008 8:54 pm

Scalabrine wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I honestly think you dont know basketball. Balkman is the perfect forward for this system by D'Antonis SSOL position definitions. He is a great rebounder and when he grabs that rebound he is more than capable of running a fast break himself with his good court vision and ball handling for a guy his size. Hes also the best defender on our team right now, there is no way this guy should be traded right now he can be utilized so well and if D'Antoni cant find a place for him (which i doubt) then he will be able to trade him but to say while his value is still high is stupid, this is the system a player like Balkman will play best in so there is no reason for his value to get lower. Think before you post because I honestly think that your just typing without thinking with over half of our posts.

Saying Balkman is our best defender is hilarious. He is a human foul machine. You guys kill me. How is Balkman the perfect forward in this system?

I'm sick of hearing about D'Antoni's system. He had capable two way players on those teams. Joe Johnson, Amare, Marion, and now Bell and Diaw.

Balkman could come off the bench but for what? We could get Washington who is a better version of Balkman in the second round. Just because you can rebound, run, and jump does NOT mean you fit in D'Antoni's system.

I'd also like to point out Balkman is not a great dribbler he goes full speed in one direction. He is also not a spectacular man to man defender. He is a good help defender though. Our best defender was Marbury.

We need to trade Balkman in a package on draft day for another pick. He is NOT going to develop a jumper folks give it up. The only thing that's saving Jeffries is his height, experience, and contract. Otherwise he'd be GONE.

Return to New York Knicks