ImageImageImageImageImage

2k8 thoughts on this prospect..

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

2k8 thoughts on this prospect.. 

Post#1 » by king_k4life » Thu May 22, 2008 8:38 pm

Can Shoot, Pass, Defend, Pf's & Sf's. Can dribble like a PG, Plays in the post 1st and 2nd , Can finish and catch alley oops, has a crazy layup game, is a young leader, and is a Winner. Got just as Far as Rose & still has a chance to win Finals..

Should I take him ?

Or because he's white I should compare him to jump shooting bigmen like Peja And Dirk when he is allot closer to Lamar Odom & David West..

Yall always gotta hate on the white players huh why ? I mean even the mods Dunleavy is NICE would be the best player on the squad and he gets hate.

Danilo can do everything Dunleavy Can & MORE & can play PF aswell as SF Aswell as Point Foward as well as 2
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,873

Post#2 » by NoLayupRule » Thu May 22, 2008 8:40 pm

what?
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,084

Post#3 » by Fury » Thu May 22, 2008 8:48 pm

You need to learn how to write. For us to understand. I mean, I understand what you wrote but I don't understand what the hell you're talking about.
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#4 » by king_k4life » Thu May 22, 2008 8:51 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:what?

Basically If Danilo was black with the same skill set guys wouldn't hate

If he was dropping 22 & 7 in the NCAA Final Four then guys would not be questioning him.

He's 19, He's a winner. he's used to leading, he's easily the most talented player on his team..

He's a Post Up SF that Can Shoot the 3 great and play anywhere from 1-4 in doses and 3 & 4 allot. He can defend NBA Pf's, He can pass dribble.

I can't see a reason not to take Danilo but guys on here are against it and posting things like we don't need no jump shooting Euro kid when if you took the time to look at even half a video you would see nearly all his points are coming from the paint and finishing..

He shoots from 3 what Crawford shoots overall FFS

And his dad played with Mike D'Antoni winning mad championships and He knew Danilo all his life he speaks his language ect..

In terms of FITS Along with Talent I'd have to rank it

1. Rose
2. Beasley
3. Danilo

In Terms of Just talent I'd rank

1. Beasley
2. Rose
3. Mayo
4. Bayless
5. Danilo

Now we have the 6th pick

Rose & Beasley are in Miami or Chi-Town forget about them.. Bayless IS NOT slipping past Seattle.

Minni & Memphis won't take a PG and will go after Lopez & Jordan.

So we Have CHANCE at Mayo & Danilo

I'd take the fit with the 6th pick Mayo and Crawford both play the same spot SG with PG skills so unless we trade Crawford and a Bad deal for a contract that expires before 2010 I take Danilo man

I can see him averaging 14, 5 & 2 as a ROOKIE

In a couple of years I can really see him as a Legit #1 scorer on a Bad Team OR a #2 on a good one averaging about 17, 6 & 4
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,690

Post#5 » by DE FENSE » Thu May 22, 2008 8:56 pm

[quote="king_k4life"][/quote]

I don't know if the hate is because he's white as much as its because he's a Euro, which means no one truly knows how he will perform in the NBA, and no one here has gotten as good a look at him as we would have if he played college ball. Its understandable.
Brownsville's Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#6 » by Brownsville's Finest » Thu May 22, 2008 8:58 pm

king_k4life wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:what?

Basically If Danilo was black with the same skill set guys wouldn't hate

If he was dropping 22 & 7 in the NCAA Final Four then guys would not be questioning him.

He's 19, He's a winner. he's used to leading, he's easily the most talented player on his team..

He's a Post Up SF that Can Shoot the 3 great and play anywhere from 1-4 in doses and 3 & 4 allot. He can defend NBA Pf's, He can pass dribble.

I can't see a reason not to take Danilo but guys on here are against it and posting things like we don't need no jump shooting Euro kid when if you took the time to look at even half a video you would see nearly all his points are coming from the paint and finishing..

He shoots from 3 what Crawford shoots overall FFS

And his dad played with Mike D'Antoni winning mad championships and He knew Danilo all his life he speaks his language ect..

In terms of FITS Along with Talent I'd have to rank it

1. Rose
2. Beasley
3. Danilo

In Terms of Just talent I'd rank

1. Beasley
2. Rose
3. Mayo
4. Bayless
5. Danilo

Now we have the 6th pick

Rose & Beasley are in Miami or Chi-Town forget about them.. Bayless IS NOT slipping past Seattle.

Minni & Memphis won't take a PG and will go after Lopez & Jordan.

So we Have CHANCE at Mayo & Danilo

I'd take the fit with the 6th pick Mayo and Crawford both play the same spot SG with PG skills so unless we trade Crawford and a Bad deal for a contract that expires before 2010 I take Danilo man

I can see him averaging 14, 5 & 2 as a ROOKIE

In a couple of years I can really see him as a Legit #1 scorer on a Bad Team OR a #2 on a good one averaging about 17, 6 & 4

if he was black hed be channing frye
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#7 » by king_k4life » Thu May 22, 2008 8:58 pm

DE FENSE wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't know if the hate is because he's white as much as its because he's a Euro, which means no one truly knows how he will perform in the NBA, and no one here has gotten as good a look at him as we would have if he played college ball. Its understandable.

I seen like 2 full Derrick Rose games and loads of video along with scout reports these people are acting like Walsh will look at every full game of a prospect it doesn't work like that.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,375

Post#8 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 22, 2008 9:01 pm

have you ever seen him play a basketball game or are you just saying this because o highlights and stuff youve read? I am not hating on him because hes white either its just most people that post on a Knicks forum dont live in Italy and dont watch European basketball nearly as much as NBA basketball so they dont know much about him. We are able to see guys like Mayo and Rose every week so we know what they can do, few of us can say the same about Galinari. I can see us taking him and if we do I will be fine with it because D'Antoni, Walsh and even Isiah know his game and have seen it live. Im not going to say "oh we need to draft this guy" and you will see few people doing that because we dont know much about him.

If you get all of this from a highlight real or soemthing then you should check out the one of Rafael Araujo, it makes him look like Amare Stoudamire.
Go Knicks!
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,375

Post#9 » by Scalabrine » Thu May 22, 2008 9:09 pm

king_k4life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I seen like 2 full Derrick Rose games and loads of video along with scout reports these people are acting like Walsh will look at every full game of a prospect it doesn't work like that.

:rofl: are you crazy? then how does it work? you act like Walsh is going to go on YouTube and watch highlight reals and be like "holy **** that guy just went behind the back faked a pass and then dunked over a guy, hes our pick". Thats how it doesnt work, there are guys paid to scout and watch video tape of games of these players, they are paid to watch there movement without the ball, with the ball, there boxing outrebounding skills, there ball handling, etc. They will not just pick someone out of a hat and say he looks pretty good lets take him. We had 23 wins this season so I fully expect us to take long hard looks at alot of players and then make a decision. Your an diot.
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#10 » by king_k4life » Thu May 22, 2008 9:16 pm

Scalabrine wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:rofl: are you crazy? then how does it work? you act like Walsh is going to go on YouTube and watch highlight reals and be like "holy **** that guy just went behind the back faked a pass and then dunked over a guy, hes our pick". Thats how it doesnt work, there are guys paid to scout and watch video tape of games of these players, they are paid to watch there movement without the ball, with the ball, there boxing outrebounding skills, there ball handling, etc. They will not just pick someone out of a hat and say he looks pretty good lets take him. We had 23 wins this season so I fully expect us to take long hard looks at alot of players and then make a decision. Your an diot.

Duh But Walsh isn't going to Watch Derrick Rose play 40 games ...

And he's not going to watch the whole game
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#11 » by king_k4life » Thu May 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Brownsville's Finest wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

if he was black hed be channing frye

Frye never got close to the rim Or played D aginst Pf's
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,882

Post#12 » by Jose7 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:19 pm

Stay away from all EUROs/foreign when it comes to lottery picks. Since 2000 all lottery picks that were euros.

Yi Jianlian (6)- Solid prospect, very good skill set but not worth this high of a slot. About 6 guys drafted after him have had a much bigger impact in the NBA then him.

Andrea Bargnani (1) - Huge bust.
Saer Sene (11) - Too raw, no impact on the NBA what so ever even though I'm a fan.
Thabo Sefolosha (13) - Solid pick. Great defensively, very versatile but drafted in a respectable slot, not overdrafted.

Fran Vazquez (11) - Is he even in the league?
Yaroslav Korolev (13) - I think he re signed with the clippers for one year. He was supposed to be the next Kirilenko.

Andris Biedrins (11) - Very solid pick. Drafted in a slot very respectable.

Darko Milicic (2) - Lol.
Mickael Pietrus (11) - Solid player, rotation player but nothing special.

Yao (1) - Can't miss prospect who panned out. Top 3 center in the game.
Tskitishvili (4) - .........
Nene (7) - Love his potential but always out of shape, not worth his draft slot.

Pau Gasol (3) - Has been a great pick thus far.
Vladimir Radmanovic (12) - Was supposed to be the next Drazen and he's just a solid bench player.

None

A lot of these guys were billed to be can't miss prospects and FEW have actually panned out. IMO just stay away from euros/foreign when you're drafting in the top 10 or so because chances are they won't come close to panning out.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,084

Post#13 » by Fury » Thu May 22, 2008 9:20 pm

Yi and Yao aren't EUROS.
Jose7
RealGM

Post#14 » by Jose7 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:20 pm

Fury wrote:Yi and Yao aren't EUROS.

Foreign*
BAF Suns

king_k4life
Banned User

Post#15 » by king_k4life » Thu May 22, 2008 9:25 pm

Fury wrote:Yi and Yao aren't EUROS.

STFU Ignorance is Bliss to these dudes
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,074

Post#16 » by vallen » Thu May 22, 2008 9:31 pm

king_k4life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

STFU Ignorance is Bliss to these dudes

The words Pot and Kettle come to mind.....
king_k4life
Banned User

Post#17 » by king_k4life » Thu May 22, 2008 9:36 pm

vallen wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The words Pot and Kettle come to mind.....

I'm soo far from ignorant I'm open to new ideas about anything and always listen objectively no matter my personal opinion on posters .
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#18 » by J9Starks3 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:55 pm

[quote="Jose7
Jose7
RealGM

Post#19 » by Jose7 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:58 pm

[quote="J9Starks3"][/quote]

I'd take my chances with a College player then a foreign player.
BAF Suns

king_k4life
Banned User

Post#20 » by king_k4life » Thu May 22, 2008 10:03 pm

[quote="Jose7

Return to New York Knicks