ImageImageImageImageImage

D'ANTONI SHOWS HIS HAND???

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

captvict
Sixth Man
And1: 512

D'ANTONI SHOWS HIS HAND??? 

Post#1 » by captvict » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:36 pm

Interesting read on the Knicks website...I'm not good at linking so just click on where it shows "Knicks work out Gordon/Bayless"

At the end of the article, is states how Bayless was out with "coach" for dinner, and aoparently he told Bayless he has "all the tools" I guess meaning the team he has now...

and he just "NEEDS" an engine to run it...I guess meaning point guard...
see how you intrpret that...guess they will be drafting a point guard...

this changes the whole scenario....so much for Gallinari etc...

1. Bayless....should be gone
2. Gordon...big time scorer
3. Augustin...closest poor man Nash

just my thoughts....
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#2 » by krustytheclown » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:38 pm

well heres to praying that seattle takes him :prays:
vinnie_vegas69
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 71

Post#3 » by vinnie_vegas69 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:47 pm

Uh, Bayless is expected to be long gone by our pick... D'Antoni isn't "showing his hand" by showing interest in him.

Should he not let anyone know that he's interested in Derrick Rose as well? You wouldn't want to show your hand... :crazy:
captvict
Sixth Man
And1: 512

Post#4 » by captvict » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:57 pm

but seriously does this guy really think he has the "tools"...what tools?...the only guys I'd keep on this team is Nate/Lee/Chandler..

He needs a lot more than somebody to "run the engine"....
the bizness
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#5 » by the bizness » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:10 pm

vinnie_vegas69 wrote:Uh, Bayless is expected to be long gone by our pick... D'Antoni isn't "showing his hand" by showing interest in him.

Should he not let anyone know that he's interested in Derrick Rose as well? You wouldn't want to show your hand... :crazy:

I think he meant showing his hand as in showing that the Knicks really want a pg.

If they do really feel like they need to go that route, I guess Augustin would be ok if neither Mayo or Bayless fall. I think he'd be a little bit of a reach but I like him as a PG better than Westbrook (and not sure about converting Gordon there yet). If they feel Gordon can play PG then I dunno. I guess they'd have a better read on whether he could adapt to that position than we do.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,883

Post#6 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:49 pm

captvict wrote:but seriously does this guy really think he has the "tools"...what tools?...the only guys I'd keep on this team is Nate/Lee/Chandler..

He needs a lot more than somebody to "run the engine"....
you do realize that hes a real coach unlike the bums weve had the last few seasons right?

Hes the kind of coach who gets the most out of a player as opposed to Wilkins/chaney/Thomas who get the least from them
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#7 » by GuyverADL » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:59 pm

Nate Robinson is a beast. The problem is he is 5' 8" at MOST. Bayless is 6' 3" so right there he is an upgrade. There is NO WAY Walsh drafts Augustin with the 6th so Im not worried.
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#8 » by KnicksScholar24 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:58 pm

DJ Augustin, Poor Man's Steve Nash? More like Poor Man's TJ Ford.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#9 » by NYKAL » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:04 pm

forget him. Pat Riley appears to be looking to trade the pick for guaranteed help for Wade. Guess he wants to show him that he is serious about getting him the help he needs to keep him happy.

Walsh needs to get with Pat and see if he can make it happen. Not sure what IF anything we have could get it done but he should make the call anyway.
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,815

Post#10 » by omerome » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:09 pm

It really is a good sign that so many players love the possibility of playing for D'Antoni. I mean how many players honestly wanted and looked forward to playing for our previous coaches lately?

If we get Bayless, Mayo (I would go nuts), Gallinari, or Gordon. We have 4 players who publicly stated that they would thrive in a system like his.

Added with it that we have a President in Walsh that knows the game of basketball and is a brilliant decision maker who doesn't make rash choices to be popular. He has the respect of the league and anything he says, people take him seriously for it. Can't say the same for when Isiah Thomas was running things here...
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#11 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:09 pm

KnicksScholar24 wrote:DJ Augustin, Poor Man's Steve Nash? More like Poor Man's TJ Ford.
I often compare those two as well.

poor man's ford however might be unfair to DJ.

TJ is faster, a better penetrator and a better passer. he might be bigger too.

DJ is a better shooter, defender and vastly better health-wise. He might be as good a penetrator, hard to tell at this stage.

the two might end up even in the long run or DJ may pass TJ due to health issues
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#12 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:12 pm

omerome wrote:It really is a good sign that so many players love the possibility of playing for D'Antoni. I mean how many players honestly wanted and looked forward to playing for our previous coaches lately?
So true.

Players said they loved Isiah but I thik they were just being loyal especially with all the off court drama recently.

No one ever says they are excited to play for Brown. they just respect and appreciate him and hope he will do for their careers what he did for Billups, AI, Reggie, blah blah.

Chaney? Wilkins? Ill bet you most young players never even heard of those guys. lol
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,328

Post#13 » by F N 11 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:14 pm

DJ has a 35 vertical, dont sleep on him. he has the offensive game also.
I'll sleep good with Mayo, Bayless, Or Gordon. They were top prospects coming out of HS.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
JAX
Veteran

Post#14 » by JAX » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:18 pm

Bayless and D'Ant know each other fairly well b/c of D'Ant coaching at PHX and Bayless playing at Zona.

But also what is Mikey supposed to say? "My team is horrible, I would have gone to the bulls if I knew they were going to win the lotto, I thought for sure Stern would rig it so I at least got a top 3 pick in NY. But as it stands, maybe you could make the Sonics not want you, and i'm sure MEM won't so then I'll take you at 6. The rest of the team is so bad you'll have to look good."

He is just getting a young top prospect excited about the chance to maybe play under him at MSG.

IMO we should be looking for a young exciting point to be the new face of team, it is a vital part of the game, especially today's, and even more so a vital part of D'Ants system. That said, I don't know where we are going to get one b/c i think the draft will go:

Beasley/Rose
Rose/Beasley
Mayo
Bayless
Love
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#15 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:00 pm

I think Gordon will be our pick. i also think the knicks will do all they can to get a pick to pick up Westbrook
Doctor_Harvey
Banned User

Post#16 » by Doctor_Harvey » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:07 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:I think Gordon will be our pick. i also think the knicks will do all they can to get a pick to pick up Westbrook

You think the Knicks will want Gordon AND Westbrrok?? That's an interesting theory! Why would you want them both? One would be the PG and the other a shooting guard? Which one would you select as the PG?
The Kind/Gentle Dr. Harvey---By FAR, the Internet's Number ONE Most calm, relaxed, pleasant, good-natured, grandfatherly-like Poster!
omerome
RealGM
And1: 7,815

Post#17 » by omerome » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:28 pm

Is blue font the new green?
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#18 » by Knox » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:31 pm

I d relly like for us to get westbrrok not at 6 though
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#19 » by richardhutnik » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:37 pm

omerome wrote:Is blue font the new green?

It is Doctor Harvey "Birdman, Fonting in Blue".

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx

Return to New York Knicks