ImageImageImageImageImage

LOL, Ion't know why ya'll are so surprised...

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Retired Jersey
Banned User
And1: 0

LOL, Ion't know why ya'll are so surprised... 

Post#1 » by Retired Jersey » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:08 am

LOL, ion't know why ya'll are so surprised we didn't pick Jerryd Bayless despite him being on the board and basically falling right in out laps. Bottomline is that Walsh/Grunwald/D'Antoni weren't high on him as a point guard at all.

If you recall, I started a thread detailing the Knicks leaked war-room draft board (as per Popdukes aka Poppadoc) and many doubted its authenticity due to Bayless sitting at the 7th spot on a 10 slot draft board. In fact, some called me out as a liar and one argued with me all night over the Bayless issue.

The board went like this, for those who missed the thread:

1. Mayo (who we couldn't trade for thanx to Lee's agent *confirmed*)
2. Westbrook (Sonics beat us to him)
3. Gallinari (confirmed by our selection)
4. Gordon
5. Alexander
6. Randolph
7. Bayless (lack of pg skills, no defense, short arms, one dimensional scorer were main concerns)
8. Augustin (too small, unathletic, no defense)
9. Jordan (only if we traded down and got an additional pick)
10. McGee (see above)

So essentially the pick worked out exactly as the leaked draft board projected. People, trust Walsh/D'Antoni on this one. There was really no other higher ceiling option left on the board than Gallianri. Once Lee's agent sabotaged us we no longer had a shot at Mayo or the Memphis pick. This kid is 6'10.5" in sneakers (as per official Knicks measurements) with an 7'0.5" wingspan, ballhandling, passing and a good shooter. He will open it up for Curry. If ya'll thought Frye could stroke it this kid is even better and with more range.

Lastly, after tipping off the Francis/Ariza deal a day prior, and leaking the draft board (among others) I think the Popdukes aka Poppadoc doubts can be laid to rest (particularly the baiting, patronizing, mocking janitor/chaffuer posts).

I'm out...gotta get some rest *long night out at post-draft parties*
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Re: LOL, Ion't know why ya'll are so surprised... 

Post#2 » by Da_Mane_Man » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:29 am

if jordan was that high on their list then i'm sure they could have bought a second rounder and picked him up.
the bizness
General Manager

Post#3 » by the bizness » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:18 am

Retired Jersey wrote:This kid is 6'10.5" in sneakers (as per official Knicks measurements) with an 8'0.5" wingspan, ballhandling, passing and a good shooter. He will open it up for Curry. If ya'll thought Frye could stroke it this kid is even better and with more range.

Lastly, after tipping off the Francis/Ariza deal a day prior, and leaking the draft board (among others) I think the Popdukes aka Poppadoc doubts can be laid to rest (particularly the baiting, patronizing, mocking janitor/chaffuer posts).

whoa, that can't be right.
Retired Jersey
Banned User

Post#4 » by Retired Jersey » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:06 pm

the bizness wrote:
Retired Jersey wrote:This kid is 6'10.5" in sneakers (as per official Knicks measurements) with an 8'0.5" wingspan, ballhandling, passing and a good shooter. He will open it up for Curry. If ya'll thought Frye could stroke it this kid is even better and with more range.

My bad, 7'.05"
the bizness
General Manager

Post#5 » by the bizness » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:57 pm

Retired Jersey wrote:
the bizness wrote:

My bad, 7'.05"

hey, any idea on his speed and standing reach numbers, etc?

Return to New York Knicks