ImageImageImageImageImage

Gallinari Interview with Givony

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Zerostatic
General Manager
And1: 537

Gallinari Interview with Givony 

Post#1 » by Zerostatic » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:01 am

Here is an interview Draft Express's Jonathon Givony did with Danilo a few weeks ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0GqPDxJKJM
Zerostatic
General Manager

Re: Gallinari Interview with Givony 

Post#2 » by Zerostatic » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:21 pm

I feel bad for him when he says he's excited to come to the states to "feel the US atmosphere," I just remember how badly he got booed.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#3 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:34 pm

He sure didnt deserve that.

NY fans continue to embarrass themselves with their entitlement and ignorance in these kinds of situations.
ITGM
RealGM
And1: 7,999

Post#4 » by ITGM » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:27 pm

Srew that, he deserves every bit of that. How else will this organization ever understand to stop screwing this franchise up and start aquiring real talent. The crowd wasn't really booing Gallinari, they were booing the Knicks selecting some SF/PF Euro over BPA Pg/Sg's like Gordon and Bayless. If we have the option of drafting Brandon Jennings next year and they pass on him, you better beleive there will not only be booing but gunshots aswell.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#5 » by TKF » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:41 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:He sure didnt deserve that.

NY fans continue to embarrass themselves with their entitlement and ignorance in these kinds of situations.

I agree, it was just senseless and ignorant.. That booing got me sick... NY fans collectively are the biggest idiots I have ever seen, and I am a diehard NY fan. But it is true... and lets not fool ourselves, there are reasons why players like Grant hill, Greg maddux and other starts have balked at comming to NY.. I mean why play in an enviornment where the fans behavie like a bunch of morons. This sense of entitlement is sickening.. to boo this kid was just low rent.. and when he does well, they will be riding his jock.. typical NY dolts.....
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#6 » by TKF » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:43 pm

ITGM wrote:Srew that, he deserves every bit of that. How else will this organization ever understand to stop screwing this franchise up and start aquiring real talent. The crowd wasn't really booing Gallinari, they were booing the Knicks selecting some SF/PF Euro over BPA Pg/Sg's like Gordon and Bayless. If we have the option of drafting Brandon Jennings next year and they pass on him, you better beleive there will not only be booing but gunshots aswell.

Gordon is not a PG, bayless would be redundant on this team. I am sure that is what they were thinking..... Bayless and gordon are a luxury on the knicks right now... I would like bayless, but only if we can move another redundant piece.. we have no player on our roster like this kid.... screwing our organization would have meant picking a guy like gordon who would just be another combo guard on a team full of combo guards....
Zerostatic
General Manager

Post#7 » by Zerostatic » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:43 pm

ITGM wrote:they were booing the Knicks selecting some SF/PF Euro over BPA Pg/Sg's like Gordon and Bayless.
Best Player Available according to who? I have yet to see anyone besides the fans say that it was a reach.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,957

Post#8 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:49 pm

ITGM wrote:Srew that, he deserves every bit of that. How else will this organization ever understand to stop screwing this franchise up and start aquiring real talent. The crowd wasn't really booing Gallinari, they were booing the Knicks selecting some SF/PF Euro over BPA Pg/Sg's like Gordon and Bayless. If we have the option of drafting Brandon Jennings next year and they pass on him, you better beleive there will not only be booing but gunshots aswell.

You know Danillo was the BPA. You dont reach at that spot and both Gordon and bayless were reaches . He was the #6 prospect on just about all the boards ahead of Gordon and Bayless .Bayless was pushed up after the success of Paul and D.Will this past year but when workouts started they were exposed.Do you take your first choice at sf or your 4th choice among guards ?It was a no brainer pick.

If you look back at Walsh's statements they knew this from the start and they played it that way hoping to come out at the very least with Dino .They hyped both bayless and Gordon hoping someone ahead of them would snatch them and Mayo would fall but at worst they get Dino

Return to New York Knicks