ImageImageImageImageImage

Incredibly succesful draft for the Knicks!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

ThePrez86
Junior
And1: 1

Incredibly succesful draft for the Knicks! 

Post#1 » by ThePrez86 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:43 pm

I don't know if Danillo will turn into anything good. Maybe he will. Maybe he won't. But for the first time in a long time, it seems that the Knicks didn't do anything that could potentially make them worse. As far as I'm concerned, that's a HUGE success.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Re: Incredibly succesful draft for the Knicks! 

Post#2 » by NYKAL » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:47 pm

Oh really. When Danillo's lack of defense has you yelling at the TV screen you might rethink that assumption. When Danillo is constantly being used and abused by what is likely the most dominating position in the league, small forwards you might rethink that assumption.

The guy is not the fastest or most athletic guy around. His lack of speed and bulk will severely limit his production. I hate the prick (I mean pick)
NYC2BGI
Starter

Post#3 » by NYC2BGI » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:48 pm

You are right about that. We did not take on any players or contracts that no one else wanted. We will have to wait and see how Gallinari pans out.
knicks82385
Starter
And1: 99

Post#4 » by knicks82385 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:56 pm

I don't think being more average was the goal of this draft.
Frazier10
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Frazier10 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:57 pm

NYKAL wrote:Oh really. When Danillo's lack of defense has you yelling at the TV screen you might rethink that assumption. When Danillo is constantly being used and abused by what is likely the most dominating position in the league, small forwards you might rethink that assumption.

The guy is not the fastest or most athletic guy around. His lack of speed and bulk will severely limit his production. I hate the prick (I mean pick)

I forgot YOU worked out Danillo with both Walsh and Thorn, plus YOU watched every game he played for the past two seasons! Hold on I will trust Donnie Walsh and Rob Thorn view more then yours.
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#6 » by NYKAL » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:09 pm

Frazier10 wrote:
NYKAL wrote:Oh really. When Danillo's lack of defense has you yelling at the TV screen you might rethink that assumption. When Danillo is constantly being used and abused by what is likely the most dominating position in the league, small forwards you might rethink that assumption.

I forgot YOU worked out Danillo with both Walsh and Thorn, plus YOU watched every game he played for the past two seasons! Hold on I will trust Donnie Walsh and Rob Thorn view more then yours.

No but I do have an opinion thank you very much. If someone can believe he will be successful then why can't I believe the opposite. Maybe YOU should learn to respect peoples opinion instead of being sarcastic. I don't require your trust, respect or even knowledge of your existence.
kaos1
Banned User

Post#7 » by kaos1 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:12 pm

NYKAL is the type of fan who will jump on the Danilo bandwagon if he starts playing well, and if he flops, he will use these posts to say, "i told you so"
ThePrez86
Junior

Post#8 » by ThePrez86 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:13 pm

knicks82385 wrote:I don't think being more average was the goal of this draft.

Baby steps.
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#9 » by NYKAL » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:13 pm

back to the subject.

I really don't see him being successful against arguable the most dominant position in the league.

Just look at the guys he'll be going up against night after night. If he does develop into a powerforward his outside shot will help but as a small and not being very fast or athletic, I doubt this pick.
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#10 » by NYKAL » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:16 pm

I've been here enough years for people to know I don't play the I told you so card. Thats for children.

You are right that, if he does pan out I will jump on the bandwagon. Hell yes. I am a knick fan and will support any player that leaves it on the floor. Even if he does stink I will like and respect him if he gives his all.

What fan wouldn't jump on the bandwagon of a player they doubted who goes on to succeed. No disrespect but, not the most intelligent statement.
ThePrez86
Junior

Post#11 » by ThePrez86 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:17 pm

NYC2BGI wrote:You are right about that. We did not take on any players or contracts that no one else wanted. We will have to wait and see how Gallinari pans out.

Exactly. Maybe Gallinari will be great. Maybe he will be crap. I don't know and I don't claim to know. I'm just ecstatic that for the first time in a long time, the Knicks didn't make any short-sighted stupid move to potentially make them even worse. Considering all the nonsense they've pulled over the past 8 years, that's a victory.
workforce3
Junior

Post#12 » by workforce3 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:30 pm

Noone in the NBA can guard anyone else one on one. Or correction very few can.
So if the Knicks use a good mix and play Danilo matched up with a zone he's ok. Many many teams use zone to prevent breakdowns. The whole point in drafting Danilo is that he can run, dribble and pass. This team is about offensive explosion right now. Defense is not a consideration until this team is really ready to compete for a title. Right now it's going to be entertainment and getting up and down until 2010.

Personally I will rate this draft a success if Danilo turns out to be a better prospect than Joe Alexander.
sims
Bench Warmer
And1: 442

Post#13 » by sims » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:49 pm

honestly, i can't believe people are complaining about this pick. we got a player with exceptional size who can shoot, pass, take it to the rim, and is selfless and intelligent. who did we pass on to make it such a big risk? gordon? alexander? bayless? it was an outstanding move.

i can't believe some people wanted another undersized, shoot-first combo guard instead. enough is enough. we need to start getting some real players who understand the fundamentals of the game and have the character to be long-term solutions. the isiah thomas era is over folks. let's move on.
workforce3
Junior

Post#14 » by workforce3 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:56 pm

Simms well said.
knicks82385
Starter
And1: 99

Post#15 » by knicks82385 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:58 pm

ThePrez86 wrote:
knicks82385 wrote:I don't think being more average was the goal of this draft.

Baby steps.

During a marathon = bad.
TdoubleE
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by TdoubleE » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:46 pm

sims wrote:honestly, i can't believe people are complaining about this pick. we got a player with exceptional size who can shoot, pass, take it to the rim, and is selfless and intelligent. who did we pass on to make it such a big risk? gordon? alexander? bayless? it was an outstanding move.

i can't believe some people wanted another undersized, shoot-first combo guard instead. enough is enough. we need to start getting some real players who understand the fundamentals of the game and have the character to be long-term solutions. the isiah thomas era is over folks. let's move on.

:clap: Well said.

Donnie and Co. are extremely confident that this kid can get it done. He's gonna grow 1-2 more inches, his stroke is money, he has PG handles in a 6'10" body, and he's the best player on one of the best Euroleague teams. The more I think about it the more this pick makes sense given what we had to choose from.

Return to New York Knicks