ImageImageImageImageImage

How much playing time will Gallinari get with .......

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

How much playing time will Gallinari get with ....... 

Post#1 » by Big C » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:05 pm

Q getting about 30 minutes a game? Then you have Chandler, Jeffries, and Balkman.

Also this guy needs a new nickname because Big Cock in NY.
maddbaron
Analyst

Re: How much playing time will Gallinari get with ....... 

Post#2 » by maddbaron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:07 pm

pf minutes if we manage to deal both lee and zach he might even be the starter...sf mins will go to chandler/q. Balkman and jj2 will split between sf/pf/c...jeez balkman in this offense just running will be sick
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,615

Post#3 » by Fat Kat » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:13 pm

We just need to take out the trash. Q getting 30 minutes a game does not excite me, nor does the idea of Zach or Eddy trying to fit into this system.

We'd be better off just starting from scratch.

I'd love to start this kid along with Wilson just to get their feet wet.
Big C
RealGM

Post#4 » by Big C » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:18 pm

maddbaron wrote:pf minutes if we manage to deal both lee and zach he might even be the starter...sf mins will go to chandler/q. Balkman and jj2 will split between sf/pf/c...jeez balkman in this offense just running will be sick

The thing is, if he is going to play pf he better learn how to rebound. Rebounding in the NBA is the the real deal. Gallinari only average 6 rebounds last season and that was in a league without NBA rebounding machines. Gallinari and Curry in the frontcourt does not sound like something I would like to see on the boards.

Lee and Zach can rebound. If those two are traded the Knicks better get a rebounding machine back. Losing a Zach and Lee means the Knicks could be losing 20 rebounds a game. Many of those rebounds are second chance opportunities that could lead to a fastbreak. If you can't rebound there will be no fastbreak.
Zerostatic
General Manager
And1: 537

Post#5 » by Zerostatic » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:20 pm

Fat Kat wrote:I'd love to start this kid along with Wilson just to get their feet wet.
I would love that too, even if we suck, it's much easier to suck when it's with young players with potential who try their hardest as opposed to a bunch of indifferent vets who are never going to get any better.
Big C
RealGM

Post#6 » by Big C » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:24 pm

Fat Kat wrote:We just need to take out the trash. Q getting 30 minutes a game does not excite me, nor does the idea of Zach or Eddy trying to fit into this system.

We'd be better off just starting from scratch.

I'd love to start this kid along with Wilson just to get their feet wet.

I think Q is the biggest problem at the forward spot because D'Antoni really loves the guy. Year after year Q does noting and still remains a starter. Wilson Chandler can get it done on the defensive end and offensive end. I hope we don't have to wait until Q's contract runs out before Chandler gets real playing time.

Not to mention D'Antoni normally only goes with an 8 man rotation.

I'm also wondering where does Balkman fit in through all this. If Balkman gets playing time we will find out if it was really true that the Suns wanted to draft him.
maddbaron
Analyst

Post#7 » by maddbaron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:34 pm

Big C wrote:
maddbaron wrote:pf minutes if we manage to deal both lee and zach he might even be the starter...sf mins will go to chandler/q. Balkman and jj2 will split between sf/pf/c...jeez balkman in this offense just running will be sick

The thing is, if he is going to play pf he better learn how to rebound. Rebounding in the NBA is the the real deal. Gallinari only average 6 rebounds last season and that was in a league without NBA rebounding machines. Gallinari and Curry in the frontcourt does not sound like something I would like to see on the boards.

Lee and Zach can rebound. If those two are traded the Knicks better get a rebounding machine back. Losing a Zach and Lee means the Knicks could be losing 20 rebounds a game. Many of those rebounds are second chance opportunities that could lead to a fastbreak. If you can't rebound there will be no fastbreak.

he played sf there here he'll be a pf and we don't know how chandler will play he could offset the rebounding.

you have to factor balkman b/c he can rebound like Lee so there is a good chance he'll be playing some center as well due to his defense and ability to cause a fast break.
MD plays guys out of position there will be times when chandler, balkman, danilo are on the court at the same time others with curry balkman and danilo and so and so forth. I can see balkman and Q being the top reserves off the bench if we start chandler and danilo with JJ2 getting spot mins b/c he can play c to sg defensively...danilo might be slide to pg on some rotations until our guard situation gets sorted even tho it looks like it will be marbs, n8 and craw as the main guys.

Return to New York Knicks