ImageImageImageImageImage

Pick your 8 man rotation

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Pick your 8 man rotation 

Post#1 » by Big C » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:28 pm

D'Antoni normally runs a tight 8 man rotation. Who would you like to see in your 8 man rotation?
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Re: Pick your 8 man rotation 

Post#2 » by Flaming Mo » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:31 pm

Gallinari
Chandler
Lee
Balkman

None of the other clowns...
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by hobojoe2131 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:35 pm

Get rid of Zbo and move D Lee for a pg

Curry
Gallinari
Chandler
Crawford
PG

Nate
Q
Shotblocker for 1 or 2 year MLE/LLE
maddbaron
Analyst

Post#4 » by maddbaron » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:38 pm

Curry
Danilo
Chandler
Craw
Marbs

Nate
Q
Balkman

when Q gets hurt JJ2
Remember the Past
Assistant Coach
Location: Screw Wes and LeDiva. Keep Lee. Trust Donnie. Give the Rookies a chance.

Post#5 » by Remember the Past » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:38 pm

Marbury/Nate
somone/Nate
Gallinari/Chandler
Somone/Chandler
Somone/Somone else
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,120

Post#6 » by sol537 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:40 pm

I'd like to see Curry and Randolph gone. I think we can pawn Curry off to a team like Memphis, Cleveland or Philly with no problem. Randolph too can be sent packing and I think he will be by the time the season starts. With that said, if we're going to keep Lee, perhaps we can use him as a C in D'antoni's system, at least for the short term. Lee likes to rebound and score around the basket on dump downs. No problem. He can also run the break really well.

C-Lee
PF-Gallinari
SF-Chandler

We'd be outmuscled pretty often but at least we'd have a pretty tall front line and a line speedy enough to run the opposition out of the building. Plus, we get to see the kids develop which is better than watching the alternative.

As for the back court, maybe Nate and Crawford are worth a shot. Nate has immense talent and showed some great things much of the past 2 seasons. I think he can excel under D'Antoni. Crawford's defense is the biggest deterrent as is his IQ. Still, I'm willing to give him a shot.

SG-Crawford
PG-Robinson

Everyone else is on borrowed time as far as I'm concerned. I think Walsh will be able to move at least one of Curry or Randolph by training camp and Marbury may just be bought out.
Zerostatic
General Manager
And1: 537

Post#7 » by Zerostatic » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:42 pm

I like that D'antoni runs a tight rotation. I normally don't like it when 10 or 11 guys get regular playing time.

Anyways here is my 8 man rotation

Stephon Marbury / Nate Robinson
Jamal Crawford / Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler / David Lee
Danilo Gallinari / David Lee & Jared Jeffries
Eddy Curry / Jared Jeffries

I would also consider putting in Quentin Richardson and Renaldo Balkman if they outplay someone I have listed at their position.
the bizness
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#8 » by the bizness » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:43 pm

Gallinari
Chandler
Balkman
Lee
Nate
Crawford
+ 2 (Morris and maybe a FA rookie like Roby?)

too bad it will be:
Marbury
Curry
Zach
Q-Brick
Jeffries
Malik
+ whoever (Mardy and Jerome)
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#9 » by ctorres » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:44 pm

PG: Stephon Marbury
SG: Jamal Crawford
SF: Quentin Richardson
PF: Danilo Gallinari
C: Eddy Curry
-----------------------------------
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
David Lee

The starters would come out with guns blazing, lighting it up from three point range and slashing, while Curry would be manning the middle. The moment we start to struggle on the boards and need some defensive hustle plays from the bench, you bring in Robinson, Chandler, and Lee.
HarpStarkOakEw
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#10 » by HarpStarkOakEw » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:45 pm

its tough to call.....

there is no way absolutely no way we go into the season with both curry and zach...NO WAY I TELL YA. impossible to tell

as presently constructed

Marbury/ Nate
Crawford
Chandler/ Qrich
Lee/
zach/ Curry
ThePrez86
Junior

Post#11 » by ThePrez86 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:46 pm

Nate
Crawford
Richardson
Gallinari
Lee

Chandler
Balkman
back up PG
jayknicks
Junior

Post#12 » by jayknicks » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:47 pm

I think an 8 man rotation would be ideal but i dont think he'd do it just yet..he'll adapt
If Gallinari is that bad playing defense you'd have to include a defensive forward to play w/ him when he's out there to offset.like Jefferies (if he's still w/ us)
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 822

Post#13 » by KOA » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:48 pm

I have a feeling Gallinari won't even crack the rotation. The organization will say that he is very young and he still isn't ready when the reality will be that he just isn't that good...
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,284

Post#14 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:52 pm

Nate
Craw
Marbury
Balkman
Chandler
Gallinari
Lee
Curry

Lee/Chandler might have to guard the 5s when Curry gets tired after 10 minutes. But I don't think that bothers D'Antoni..
Remember the Past
Assistant Coach
Location: Screw Wes and LeDiva. Keep Lee. Trust Donnie. Give the Rookies a chance.

Post#15 » by Remember the Past » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:53 pm

I just don't see gallinari playing pf..
Starks4Prez
Sophomore

Post#16 » by Starks4Prez » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:06 pm

pg Marbury/Nate- Steph is in a contract yr and if he wants to step on an NBA court ever again after his contract expires, he damn better be a good boy and do whats told of him. We dealt with his nonsense all these yrs, why hand his expiring contract to another team to relieve them of capspace? Hes not going to be a distraction because the new management is not going to put up with his shyt at all and he knows this! Nate on the other hand could be starting mnay games if A) Marbury acts up, or B) his knees act up.

SG Crawford- with the current team I believe he's our best 2 guard. I think its his position to lose.

sf Richardson/Chandler- Depending on Matchups I think they both will start some games. Richardson knows Mikes system so Im sure he'd start at least the first few weeks of the new season. Although his back could still be an issue, and we also cant rule out Chandler out playing him. Chandler is our future sf IMO.

pf Danillo/Randolph/Lee- Most of us are all hoping Randolph is the odd man out, but assuming we have this Roster opening day, I think he will be starting PF. However, I also believe that David Lee or Danillo will be thr first off the bench to come into the game most nights. Depending on match ups.

Center Curry/David Lee/Jared Jefferies
If Curry can lose some weight and run up and down the court to be the trailing player and somone understand the system he's in and execute his role, he will be the starting center. Chances are he gets gassed out in the first mins of the game and in comes David Lee or possibly Jefferies?? Maybe Randolph in spurts? I dunno what to think here.

I know I have 10 people listed as thr OP asked for the 8 man rotation but I think throughout the course of the season, they re all going to be in the rotation. Injuries will play a role. However I truly believe that we are going to make some moves throughout the summer, and that can def through all this off.

Return to New York Knicks