ImageImageImageImageImage

Memphis was about to take Gallinari??

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Remember the Past
Assistant Coach
And1: 1
Location: Screw Wes and LeDiva. Keep Lee. Trust Donnie. Give the Rookies a chance.

Memphis was about to take Gallinari?? 

Post#1 » by Remember the Past » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:30 pm

According to hoopshype:
Were the Grizzlies going to take Danilo Gallinari at No. 5? A source told me that Memphis was dissuaded in no small part by Gallinari's ability to remain in the Euroleague with his team in Milan, Italy. So Memphis chose Love instead, leaving New York to take Gallinari, who was booed by the Knicks fans who were attending the draft.

Another exert:
The unthinkable scenario of not getting Westbrook or Gallinari may have been closer to reality than Walsh would like to know. A person with knowledge of the situation said the Nets - having already pulled off the trade of the day by sending Richard Jefferson to Milwaukee for Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons - explored moving into the fifth spot in a deal with Memphis that didn't materialize. Their intentions weren't confirmed, but it is believed that they wanted to leapfrog the Knicks to steal Gallinari. "No deal," the source said, and Gallinari was still there for Walsh at No. 6 after Memphis selected UCLA forward Kevin Love.
jayknicks
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Memphis was about to take Gallinari?? 

Post#2 » by jayknicks » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:33 pm

I was almost sold on the fact that we'd draft Gordon if the Nets did in fact trade w/ Memphis and select w/ the #5..my nightmarish dream though was that in that case Walsh would have drafted Love hoping Minny would bite..but they don't and we're stuck w/ Love...scary!
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#3 » by hobojoe2131 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:33 pm

Looks like we semi lucked out.
Spandau
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 343

Post#4 » by Spandau » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:37 pm

We're not the only ones who saw this guy as the BPA in that position, no doubt.
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#5 » by richardhutnik » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:09 pm

jayknicks wrote:I was almost sold on the fact that we'd draft Gordon if the Nets did in fact trade w/ Memphis and select w/ the #5..my nightmarish dream though was that in that case Walsh would have drafted Love hoping Minny would bite..but they don't and we're stuck w/ Love...scary!

Considering the Nets took a player like Gallinari with their second pick in the first round, it is possible the Nets might of went and took Gallinari if they had a chance.

- Rich
Starbury316
Bench Warmer
And1: 111

Post#6 » by Starbury316 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:16 pm

richardhutnik wrote:
jayknicks wrote:I was almost sold on the fact that we'd draft Gordon if the Nets did in fact trade w/ Memphis and select w/ the #5..my nightmarish dream though was that in that case Walsh would have drafted Love hoping Minny would bite..but they don't and we're stuck w/ Love...scary!

Considering the Nets took a player like Gallinari with their second pick in the first round, it is possible the Nets might of went and took Gallinari if they had a chance.

- Rich

peeps want this guy..w e the only dum ones who cant see he mite be somethin
NYKBaller
General Manager
And1: 241

Post#7 » by NYKBaller » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:23 pm

you'll never know...nets draft DG then hes a genius we do its boos
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#8 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:28 pm

Nice. Im sorta glad that we got him now, especially if Gordon was the next option. I would have been pleased with Bayless though
Dmiles37
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#9 » by Dmiles37 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:30 pm

If Gallinari was gone Walsh would have proberly taken Gordon possibly Bayless but more likely Gordon.

Return to New York Knicks