ImageImageImageImageImage

9th DRAFT PICK tracking THREAD! (currently 10th)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

theredshark
Rookie
And1: 1

Re: DRAFT PICK tracking THREAD! (Currently 10th) 

Post#21 » by theredshark » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:17 am

Thabeet or Harden case closed.

trade if needed
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#22 » by FutureKnicksGM » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:02 am

I think we can get into that 8th spot for sure. At that spot i'm all for taking a chance on Jennings.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,918

Post#23 » by cgf » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:47 am

theredshark wrote:Thabeet or Harden case closed.

trade if needed

We're not going to be drafting high enough for thabeet or harden so Aldrich or Calathes are more likely alternatives. Honestly between terrance williams, evan turner, gerald henderson, nick calathes, brandon jennings, cole aldrich and BJ mullens there should be a good option at our pick.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Grover
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#24 » by Grover » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:33 pm

I would not be surprised if Walsh trades the pick for the pleasure of unloading Curry. It appears most posters think LBJ and supporting cast in 2010. I think Walsh rolls the dice with Lee, prepared to trade him next season if his contract is too rich, and woos LBJ and Bosch as a package deal. Two superstars is the plan. The next step is to trade Jeffries + preferably cash for a one year deal. The price of second round picks may decrease and they will compete with Portland to purchase them.
If they keep the pick I think they still go big if it's not a reach. Otherwise, pure shooters.
klemen4
Head Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#25 » by klemen4 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:09 pm

Golden State improving in last weeks, so maybe 7th pick is in sight...also GSW have 5 of 6 bottom teams in their Western conference (They have 8 remaining games against that 5 bottom teams)
“The only important statistic is the final score.” — Bill Russell
MDDN48
Senior
And1: 165

Post#26 » by MDDN48 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:21 pm

All of this means nothing. There's no way to factor-in which way the ping pong balls will bounce.

I've never understood that part of it. Never seemed fair to me. Worst team should get first pick, so-on and so-forth.. ..period!

Unless of course Stern is placing an envelope in the freezer for us again (lol).

But who am I?
"DARE TO BE GREAT"

COMPANY MERCH: http://jam3productions.bigcartel.com/
klemen4
Head Coach

Re: DRAFT PICK tracking THREAD! (Currently 11th) 

Post#27 » by klemen4 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:29 pm

Well, bad win for the lottery brigade. But also Milwaukee, Indiana won and Charlotte had a game won but lost duo to missed ft by Bell.

Im impressed with Charlotte, but they have very hard schedule. When Milwaukee will have a lets say 5 games losing streak it will become interesting.

For now all 7 teams MIL, NJN, CHI, NY, IND, CHA, TOR still have a shot at that 8th spot. I really believe tha 3-4 wins will be difference between 8th and 13th in East.
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#28 » by bringinhinkie » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:32 pm

Dantares wrote:Gerald Henderson 6'5 SG. 3 years at Duke, primetime athlete, good shooter, great defender, not great at creating his own shot. Perfect role-player and can contribute right away

pleaase no to him.. there are so many superior players to this guy, he is just popular because he plays at duke and is a + dunker.. maybe at 20-25 or so, not at around 10
klemen4
Head Coach

Post#29 » by klemen4 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:30 pm

Last night two games between playoff rivals:

CHA:IND
Granger got injured in first quarter and Ind had no chance in this game. Chartlotte really play good basketball

MIL:CHI
Amazing performance by Hinrich(but will he stay).. in a trade Miller and Salmons are coming so the bull are high favorites for 8th spot. Also it looks like Jefferson for Milwaukee will be traded what means tanking for Milwaukee.

In other games, NJN had no chance in Dallas also Tor without Bosh against Cle.

As I follow the games I think Chicago or Charlotte are front runners for 8th spot with Chi in advantage because of better schedule.
klemen4
Head Coach

Re: 8th DRAFT PICK tracking THREAD! (Currently 11th) 

Post#30 » by klemen4 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:36 pm

Im back....

After 9 days and 5 games later I decided to go back to updating the draft thread.

I still think NY will finish 10th to 13th, but just for the fun we can follow if 8th draft pick is in reach. After going 2/3 in last 5 games and probably a loss tonight in Miami I think that NY has no chance to dream of playoffs.

In reality I think Indiana is worst team (NoGranger,Dunleavy) of the 8 who fight for last playoff spot and they should finish 8th in the draft. Toronto I think will not surrender, Charlotte is improving, Nets, Bulls still belive. New York is some where in the middle. Milwaukee for now still in.

Update on the first page of the thread!!!
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,114

Post#31 » by blueNorange » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:58 pm

come on knicks, need to get it in the single digits.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#32 » by R-DAWG » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:28 pm

Right now most sites have Jeff Teague from Wake Forest as the 8th pick. He is an explosive point guard but more of a combo guard, built like Monta Ellis. He is probally as good a prospect as Bayless was last year and probally a small step behind Gordon. Depending on how he does in March, he could end up being in the top 5. But the same can also be said about Stephon Curry and Jordan Hill. I think the top 2 of Griffen and Harden is a done deal, and Thabeet will be in the top 5. Brandon Jennings is another swing player who could go as high as 3 or as low as 10.

Here are some guys that might be avilable between 8-13:
Jeff Teague, PG, Wake Forest
Al Forouq Aminu, PF, Wake Forest
Stephon Curry, PG, Davidson
Earl Clark, SF, Louisville
Gerald Henderson, SG, Duke
Willie Warren, SG, Oklahoma
Ty Lawson, PG, UNC
Tyreke Evans, SG, Memphis
Patrick Paterson, PF, Kentucky

Of the guys listed above, I would hope for either Warren or Evans. Evans has more overall talent but Warren is more mature and seems more polished right now. We have a need a SG and there is a good chance that Nate will not be back next year, and both these guys can fill his spot off the bench, maybe even replace Q in the starting lineup. If we are picking 14 or 15, and one of those guys are not avilable, Patrick Paterson is an interesting option. His game is a lot like David Lee's, except while Lee is a better rebounder, PP is a better defender, shot blocker, and can also score on the low block. If he is picked, then look for the Knicks to resign Nate and move Lee. Another interesting player is Gerald Henderson, but he seems more like an above average role-player, 4th option type of guy
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,751

Post#33 » by ezmoney707 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:40 pm

R-DAWG wrote:Right now most sites have Jeff Teague from Wake Forest as the 8th pick. He is an explosive point guard but more of a combo guard, built like Monta Ellis. He is probally as good a prospect as Bayless was last year and probally a small step behind Gordon. Depending on how he does in March, he could end up being in the top 5. But the same can also be said about Stephon Curry and Jordan Hill. I think the top 2 of Griffen and Harden is a done deal, and Thabeet will be in the top 5. Brandon Jennings is another swing player who could go as high as 3 or as low as 10.

Here are some guys that might be avilable between 8-13:
Jeff Teague, PG, Wake Forest
Al Forouq Aminu, PF, Wake Forest
Stephon Curry, PG, Davidson
Earl Clark, SF, Louisville
Gerald Henderson, SG, Duke
Willie Warren, SG, Oklahoma
Ty Lawson, PG, UNC
Tyreke Evans, SG, Memphis
Patrick Paterson, PF, Kentucky

Of the guys listed above, I would hope for either Warren or Evans. Evans has more overall talent but Warren is more mature and seems more polished right now. We have a need a SG and there is a good chance that Nate will not be back next year, and both these guys can fill his spot off the bench, maybe even replace Q in the starting lineup. If we are picking 14 or 15, and one of those guys are not avilable, Patrick Paterson is an interesting option. His game is a lot like David Lee's, except while Lee is a better rebounder, PP is a better defender, shot blocker, and can also score on the low block. If he is picked, then look for the Knicks to resign Nate and move Lee. Another interesting player is Gerald Henderson, but he seems more like an above average role-player, 4th option type of guy

Good analysis. I was thinking that with our pick we should try and go after a big man. Since this is a guard heavy draft we should try get another first rounder to get a guard. There are not to many solid big man prospects. So if you get a guy like Mullens and get a late first rounder and get you a guard like Terrance Williams, Darren Collison, or Johnny Flynn, then it would be a successful draft in my eye.
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#34 » by LJ4pointplay » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:52 pm

What do you guys think of Gerald Henderson if he falls to us?
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,751

Post#35 » by ezmoney707 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:58 pm

LJ4pointplay wrote:What do you guys think of Gerald Henderson if he falls to us?

I like him and he has really improved, but with that said, i still think we should be going after a big man. We can not continue to be the shortest team in the league. This is not like when Brook Lopez was on the board. I feel Mullens has that athleticism to play in this style and he can run the floor well.
SportsFan215
Assistant Coach
And1: 60

Post#36 » by SportsFan215 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Would you guys trade Curry/#11 for Camby?
cmaff051
Inactive user
Inactive user
And1: 2

Post#37 » by cmaff051 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:44 pm

SportsFan215 wrote:Would you guys trade Curry/#11 for Camby?

Doubt it, although that wouldn't be such a bad trade..
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#38 » by R-DAWG » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:29 pm

yes because that trade does 2 things:

1) adds the shot blocker we desperatly need

2) we end up saving over $13m in cap space in 2010 ($11.2 from Curry and $2m for the draft pick).

We could then look to buy a pick 25-30, and package it with our 2nd rd pick and maybe a future 2nd to move up and probally nab Evans or Warren with a pick between 14-19.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#39 » by Paeds » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Hell No
passthedutchman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#40 » by passthedutchman » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:50 pm

I think it would depend on who was at the pick and whether you'd be willing to include Deandre Jordan. That would be funny if we wound up trading you two Currys (Stephen and Eddy). Maybe you can hire Michael Curry when he's fired from Detroit.

Return to New York Knicks