ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Boxing saturday night

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

skflives
Banned User
And1: 281

Re: OT: Boxing saturday night 

Post#21 » by skflives » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:35 pm

I was so pissed off when I heard about it. First of all, as a huge Cotto fan I was pissed off he lost the fight. I knew Margarito was a tough match up but I thought Cotto blew it by headhunting the entire fight. He seemed to completely forget his trademark body attack. At the same time I was happy because Margarito had always been ducked and its always nice when those kind of fighters get the recognition they rightfully deserve. But now the whole handwrap controversy throws his entire career into question. I also hate that he and his promoter Arum are trying to make excuses as if they didn't know what was going on. But everyone from Teddy Atlas to Lennox Lewis and even Miguel Cotto (whom Arum also promotes) has stated that there is no way in hell the trainer would have been able to put that moist plaster into the handwraps without the boxer noticing the difference. So in my eyes Margarito is both a liar and a cheat and deserves to be suspended for even longer than the 1 year minimum.

On the plus side this does open the doors to a possible rematch between Cotto and Mosley. Their first fight was pretty good and close enough to warrent a rematch.

Return to New York Knicks