ImageImageImageImageImage

Trading Lee for chance of 2nd Max player is stupid

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

msh5061
Sophomore
And1: 0

Trading Lee for chance of 2nd Max player is stupid 

Post#1 » by msh5061 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:09 am

ESPN has an article 5 trades that SHOULD happen, and one involves trading Lee, malik and jeffries, for hughes and Ty Thomas.

Lets say the Knicks do sign Lebron.... Isn't Lebron, Lee, and a solid 5 mil a year role player make a better team than just Lebron and Bosh?

Based on Lee's production this season playing with scrubs, his numbers playing along side Lebron could easily match what Bosh is putting up right now. Lee over the last month is putting up numbers (18 and 13 in jaunary, 21 and 12 in february) that could be viewed as better than what Bosh has done (22 and 9 in on 7% worse shooting january).

Now I am not saying Lee is better than Bosh by any means, but building a team around Lebron, the Knicks are better with King James, Lee, and a solid role player than Bosh and Lebron. All this talk is probably a waste of time though, because I am losing hope Lebron leaves....
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Re: Trading Lee for chance of 2nd Max player is stupid 

Post#2 » by duetta » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:47 am

Agreed.

Given the growing economic crisis we face, 2010 is looking like the ultimate hype.
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#3 » by drj » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:59 am

I'm not saying we will be able to land LeBron and Bosh, but just to the OP:
LeBron + Bosh + scrub >> LeBron + Lee + role player

The NBA is a superstars game. Superstars win championships. Lee is a great role player and would be great as our third best player. If Lee is our second best player, don't expect rings.
msh5061
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#4 » by msh5061 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 pm

True, superstars win championships, but Lebron doesen't need Bosh to win one. He has the current Cavs team in position to win, with close to nothing around him. Lee would be the best player Lebron has played with. Put Lebron with the 2010 versions Lee, Wilson Chandler, and Gallo, and that will be by far the best supporting cast he has had. Lebron on this current Knicks team, and they probably have the best record in the East...

And I'd rather know I have David Lee than gamble on being able to sign 2 of the 10 best players in the NBA...
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Post#5 » by Johnny Hoops » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:40 pm

msh5061 wrote:ESPN has an article 5 trades that SHOULD happen, and one involves trading Lee, malik and jeffries, for hughes and Ty Thomas.

Lets say the Knicks do sign Lebron.... Isn't Lebron, Lee, and a solid 5 mil a year role player make a better team than just Lebron and Bosh?

Based on Lee's production this season playing with scrubs, his numbers playing along side Lebron could easily match what Bosh is putting up right now. Lee over the last month is putting up numbers (18 and 13 in jaunary, 21 and 12 in february) that could be viewed as better than what Bosh has done (22 and 9 in on 7% worse shooting january).

Now I am not saying Lee is better than Bosh by any means, but building a team around Lebron, the Knicks are better with King James, Lee, and a solid role player than Bosh and Lebron. All this talk is probably a waste of time though, because I am losing hope Lebron leaves....

It's not stupid if you get a very nice return for Lee and also create an opportunity at a second top free agent.

Get over the love affair with Lee and view the situation clearly.

In theory...

Option 1 -- keep D-Lee (with new big deal) and attempt to add 1-Max free agent

Option 2 -- trade D-Lee for (pick and young player) and attempt to add 2-Max free agents

Sorry but if the right deal is available --- I like Option 2 better.

Please remember that Lee's producing in D'Antoni's system -- his value will never (NEVER) be higher than it is right NOW. In fact his value will plummit the second he signs a long term extension because the $$$ that will go to him could be going for other assets and if he gets hurt we are really screwed.

Return to New York Knicks