ImageImageImageImageImage

Andrea Bargnani

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Re: Andrea Bargnani 

Post#61 » by Assassin_1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:13 am

At The Mecca wrote:
J-Slim wrote:
At The Mecca wrote:^For real man....who are all these clowns coming to our board? They need to GTFO.

Fake Knick fans like you need to GTFO, I lived in New York for most of my life, I doubt you even been there and btw right now Bargnani has 11 first half points with 4 minutes left in the second quarter.

Dude, I've lived in New York my entire life which has nothing to do with the fact that you are an absolute clown. :rofl:

Your the clown thats dissing probably one of the top 10 centers right now and in the future.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#62 » by truth serum » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:14 am

LOLOL! Okay....good for you man. Good for you.
Assassin_1
Banned User

Post#63 » by Assassin_1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:20 am

^Keep thinking what you wants but if you watched a Raptor game, which I doubt you have. Or seen Bargnani play in the past three months which I also doubt you have. You see that too.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#64 » by TKF » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:27 am

J-Slim wrote:Toronto is going to have a top five pick in the draft and they going to have a pretty solid team from positions 1-5 and since a new CBA might come out our future isn't going to look bright at all.

how many top 5 players in the draft are on the raptors rosters and has been over the past few years? the raps are a far cry from a top 5 pick rescuing that team.. Bosh is going to leave and that will be another setback.. I will deal with the New CBA that MIGHT come out, when it does... as of now, can't worry about that..
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#65 » by RutgersBJJ » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:32 am

don't care what the numbers say, he is a SF and will always be a small forward. You can't judge European players in their early 20s. He is a very good shooter. No one seems to care that Peja or Turk are below average rebounders even though they are 6'10 as well. Dirk is an average at best rebounder as well. It isn't his fault he was drafted #1 overall, and the people quick to write him off will be the same people praising him since they are bandwagon followers. He is at worst the 3rd best player from that top 10 right now (Roy is better, and I guess Aldridge is better...because he gets to play next to Roy), definitely not a bust. The real problem is that outside of Roy that draft class overall sucked because it was the first following the age-restriction rule. And of course Toronto will be wishing they had taken Roy to play next to Bosh when Bosh leaves in 2010. He will be successful in his career, but I doubt it is in Toronto. Toronto is very good at running their basketball stars out of town.

Oh and calderon is extremely overrated. He isn't the same player that showed extreme potential last year in his contract year (what a coincidence, a player playing out of his mind in a contract year). Bosh's average defense wouldn't be such an issue if Toronto didn't have the worst defensive starting PG in the league.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
Dam
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#66 » by Dam » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:47 pm

Bargnani starter
MPG 37.17
PPG 19.14
RPG 6.5
BPG 0.9
FTA 4.8
TS% 0.564
PER 16.71

after "block of the night" vs harrington... 8-)
yesterday..."dunk of the night"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzeKrWS9Ubc&fmt=18

and....... 8-) ...another "dunk of the night"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxcdZw272Hc

this guy will be a GREAT PLAYER...GREAT!
passthedutchman
Junior

Post#67 » by passthedutchman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:24 pm

J-Slim wrote:Toronto is going to have a top five pick in the draft and they going to have a pretty solid team from positions 1-5 and since a new CBA might come out our future isn't going to look bright at all.

well good for you and your raptors but don't come on here pretending to be a knicks fan:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=878292&start=0

I think I figured out what "brownville" you're from- brownville, ny near the canadian border. now gtfo
Kakapato
Bench Warmer
And1: 20

Post#68 » by Kakapato » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:08 pm

passthedutchman wrote:well good for you and your raptors but don't come on here pretending to be a knicks fan:

I think I figured out what "brownville" you're from- brownville, ny near the canadian border. now gtfo

J-Slim has always claimed being a fan of both Knicks and Raptors... I read it many times on the Raptors' board.

PS: sometimes I read this forum too... searching for opinions on Gallo (my compatriot)...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#69 » by TKF » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:19 pm

RutgersBJJ wrote:don't care what the numbers say, he is a SF and will always be a small forward. You can't judge European players in their early 20s. He is a very good shooter. No one seems to care that Peja or Turk are below average rebounders even though they are 6'10 as well. Dirk is an average at best rebounder as well. It isn't his fault he was drafted #1 overall, and the people quick to write him off will be the same people praising him since they are bandwagon followers. He is at worst the 3rd best player from that top 10 right now (Roy is better, and I guess Aldridge is better...because he gets to play next to Roy), definitely not a bust. The real problem is that outside of Roy that draft class overall sucked because it was the first following the age-restriction rule. And of course Toronto will be wishing they had taken Roy to play next to Bosh when Bosh leaves in 2010. He will be successful in his career, but I doubt it is in Toronto. Toronto is very good at running their basketball stars out of town.

Oh and calderon is extremely overrated. He isn't the same player that showed extreme potential last year in his contract year (what a coincidence, a player playing out of his mind in a contract year). Bosh's average defense wouldn't be such an issue if Toronto didn't have the worst defensive starting PG in the league.

yea, bargs is aSF, but he is a good player and not a bust.. I don't care, when you can shoot and move that well, you can play in this league, but as you said, for the #1 overall pick, not sure that was the way to go.. Portland did their Homework on roy and made the right moves to get him, but that is the past.. bargs is a good player, will he be great? don't think so, but he is not a bust...

calderon is just better when he plays less minutes and platoons with another PG like a TJ ford, who can change pace and defend.... they could use another PG like that... oh wait.....
passthedutchman
Junior

Post#70 » by passthedutchman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:22 pm

Kakapato wrote:
passthedutchman wrote:well good for you and your raptors but don't come on here pretending to be a knicks fan:

J-Slim has always claimed being a fan of both Knicks and Raptors... I read it many times on the Raptors' board.

PS: sometimes I read this forum too... searching for opinions on Gallo (my compatriot)...

haha well welcome then (saluti a italia)

I don't actually have a problem with other posters coming on the board- it adds variety and stuff but I'm just wary of trolls. I actually appreciate you guys for providing info on Gallinari and etc. J-Slim has actually never acknowledged on our board that he is a raps fan although I guess he has on the raps board.

p.s. do you have any info on brandon jennings and how he's doing in italy? I know some posters there don't like him but it's harder to follow him here.
Assassin_1
Banned User

Post#71 » by Assassin_1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:35 pm

passthedutchman wrote:

well good for you and your raptors but don't come on here pretending to be a knicks fan:

No I'm orginally from Toronto, then I lived in Brownsville http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl for most of my life
Now I'm in Canada again but in BC now, where they only telvise Raptor games, when that happens you eventually find yourself being a fan
passthedutchman
Junior

Post#72 » by passthedutchman » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:31 pm

J-Slim wrote:
passthedutchman wrote:

No I'm orginally from Toronto, then I lived in Brownsville http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tab=wl for most of my life
Now I'm in Canada again but in BC now, where they only telvise Raptor games, when that happens you eventually find yourself being a fan

I thought you said you were moving to California wtf.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#73 » by Gold Chain » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:13 pm

J-Slim wrote:
At The Mecca wrote:^For real man....who are all these clowns coming to our board? They need to GTFO.

Fake Knick fans like you need to GTFO, I lived in New York for most of my life, I doubt you even been there and btw right now Bargnani has 11 first half points with 4 minutes left in the second quarter.

The kid is an NBA fan and cares about what goes on in a city he used to live in?

What's the problem?

So you are only allowed to comment on the Knicks if you are from New York or if you are a exclusive Knicks fan? Come on, that is insane.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#74 » by magnumt » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:29 pm

Bargs' is really starting to come into his own. He dropped ANOTHER 25+ point game yesterday. He has upped his ball-timing, thus imporving his Blocking...he Rebounding still is average, but I'll take his scoring and blocking anyday.

He'd be awesome alongside Lee, Gallo, Chandler, and Nate.

PG: Nate
SG: Chandler
SF: Gallo
PF: Bargs'
C: Lee

Rebounding, Defense, Passing, and MAJOR scoring and fast-break opportunities.
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#75 » by EchelonNYK » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:31 pm

I think i create the worst threads on this board, yet they still can't alot of replies..lol.
truth serum
Banned User

Post#76 » by truth serum » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:51 pm

double c wrote:
J-Slim wrote:

The kid is an NBA fan and cares about what goes on in a city he used to live in?

What's the problem?

So you are only allowed to comment on the Knicks if you are from New York or if you are a exclusive Knicks fan? Come on, that is insane.

Wow, would you put a lid on it already? I'm not laying out any sort of guidelines here....but this is the KNICKS board...and I happen to be a KNICKS fan. Not some sort of "fan" of multiple teams like you guys claim to be. So as far as I'm concerned, I'm allowed to say everything I've said thus far. I hate the Raptors, and strongly dislike most of the people from the Raptors board....and you quasi-Knicks-Raptors fans don't like it I guess? What do you want me to tell you? I've said all I could say. The Raptors suck and Bargnani sucks. Whether that's factual or not doesn't really concern me. I'm talking smack. Get over it. If you don't like it, go to your "other" board and whine about it. :D
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,167

Post#77 » by Capn'O » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:10 pm

Bargs is turning into a decent player... not warranting of the #1 pick that year but a good player with the chance to get better.

The Raps, on the other hand, have flopped. They made moves that were supposed to make them a contender _these next two seasons_ and they didn't get there. Back to the ol' drawing board for BC...
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#78 » by Gold Chain » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:21 pm

Wow, would you put a lid on it already? I'm not laying out any sort of guidelines here....but this is the KNICKS board...and I happen to be a KNICKS fan. Not some sort of "fan" of multiple teams like you guys claim to be. So as far as I'm concerned, I'm allowed to say everything I've said thus far. I hate the Raptors, and strongly dislike most of the people from the Raptors board....and you quasi-Knicks-Raptors fans don't like it I guess? What do you want me to tell you? I've said all I could say. The Raptors suck and Bargnani sucks. Whether that's factual or not doesn't really concern me. I'm talking smack. Get over it. If you don't like it, go to your "other" board and whine about it. :D

Cam'an.....no bad blood here buddy. Relax and ignore me if you like. :lol:
When you take over ownership at MSG, you can bar from the arena when I am in town and you can tell all your friends who I am and how I am not a die hard Knicks fan. I will help you. I will wear a big shiny hat that says "Not a Diehard Knick Fan." Come on over and say hi. I'll be the guy chatting up some beautiful New York women whilst you pout in the corner and stew about how we dare comment on the Knicks. The internet is a global tool buddy, no borders on here.
truth serum
Banned User

Post#79 » by truth serum » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:33 pm

^That's the point. It isn't nearly as big a deal for me as you think it is. I'm merely talking shyt about a team I strongly dislike. You and J-Slim are the ones who made a big stink out of it. You can come here all you want and defend Barfpoonani.....comment on your second favorite team the Knicks....make out with New York women.....do it all. This is New York baby! But I'm still going to make fun of you. It comes with the territory.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#80 » by magnumt » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:38 pm

Take it easy guys. As long as no one doesn't come in and troll/insult anyone...then they're allowed to discus whatever Team/Sport they'd like to. Heck, I do it on other Team Boards here all the time, as do many of our other posters...let's be homely and welcome them, as we'd be welcomed on other boards.
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6

Return to New York Knicks