ImageImageImageImageImage

We Have to Complement Lee.

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

We Have to Complement Lee. 

Post#1 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:45 am

David Lee is a very good player. He is great on a pick and roll, has a nose for the ball, is semi athletic, can use both hands in the paint, and is a fan favorite. On the flip side, he is not tall for his postion, plays embarressing defense, and and is a bad shot blocker. He can be deadly at times, and if you put lee with a tall (7'0) athletic, shotblocking, defensive freak, Lee would be a perenial all-star. The fact is that if we want to keep Lee, we will need a better big man than Jeffries next to him. If we want to draft ne, Hasheem Thabeet is a perfect option at center. If we could trade for one, maybe Chandler, Camby, or Dalenbert, can do the job.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Re: We Have to Compliment Lee. 

Post#2 » by hobojoe2131 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:47 am

Thabeet is definately not the perfect option at center. However, for the most part I agree with you.
^ MP creation
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#3 » by Esq-4 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:02 am

what is the deal with Mobley's contract? Is it tradable? and is insurance paying it?

No its not OT to this thread. B/C if it is tradeable and insurance is paying it then that makes him a very valuable chip after this season where he would give essentially instant financial (although not cap) relief. So going back to the op, maybe in a cost cutting measure Chandler is moved for him. Of the three guys you mentioned I would prefer Chandler, only over Camby b/c of age.

Perfect scenario for me (as of now) is that the cap gets worked out and we can sign LBJ (i know i know). Since we kept Lee and Nate we can't get a second. but we still have enough money left over to give Camby and Nash discounted contracts, b/c we are able to move JJeff.

Camby-???-Curry(exp.)
Lee-Gallo
LBJ
Chandler
Nate-Nash

plus 2009 pick
Mecca
RealGM

Post#4 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:04 am

Esq-4 wrote:what is the deal with Mobley's contract? Is it tradable? and is insurance paying it?

No its not OT to this thread. B/C if it is tradeable and insurance is paying it then that makes him a very valuable chip after this season where he would give essentially instant financial (although not cap) relief. So going back to the op, maybe in a cost cutting measure Chandler is moved for him. Of the three guys you mentioned I would prefer Chandler, only over Camby b/c of age.

Perfect scenario for me (as of now) is that the cap gets worked out and we can sign LBJ (i know i know). Since we kept Lee and Nate we can't get a second. but we still have enough money left over to give Camby and Nash discounted contracts, b/c we are able to move JJeff.

Camby-???-Curry(exp.)
Lee-Gallo
LBJ
Chandler
Nate-Nash

plus 2009 pick

Lebron is more of a SG than Chandler....
Brooklyn Nets
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#5 » by Esq-4 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:14 am

of all the outrageous things I want to happen for 2010 that is what you pick on? haha. I even left out that I would want to find a way to keep Wilcox to as the backup 4/5.

I agree with you though, I just listed it that way b/c LBJ is list as 3 in CLE and WC starts at 2 for NYK. In reality w/ LeBron positions don't matter. If that team were assembled it would be LeBron really running the point w/ Nate at 2 and WC at 3.
skanktorious SAM
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#6 » by skanktorious SAM » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:18 am

Do you mean complement? Lee gets his fair share of praise around these parts.
kb81 wrote:The NBA is rigged. How can Stern keep vetoing Lakers trade? I'm not going to watch any game this season. So disgusted by this league, a disgrace to all sports fans. Anyone with me?
abuzz
Senior
And1: 82

Post#7 » by abuzz » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:47 am

KnicKs LiL NaTe wrote:If we want to draft ne, Hasheem Thabeet is a perfect option at center. If we could trade for one, maybe Chandler, Camby, or Dalenbert, can do the job.

Ever since the Knicks struck "SILVER" with Ewing (SR), Knick fans have a tendency to be in a lip-lock with any of Georgetown's Centers. Think Sweetney, not sweetly and continue looking around, there are better centers than Thabeet.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,918

Post#8 » by cgf » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:51 am

abuzz wrote:there are better centers than Thabeet.

Not in this draft there aren't.

Wouldn't we all be sucking off Monroe if all it took was playing for Georgetown? Because Thabeet happens to play for Uconn and not georgetown, but then again I'm sure you watch all of his games and knew that, right?

Just love seeing people who hate on Thabeet without watching him enough to realize the progress he's made and see that work ethic. I'm not saying he's going to be a star, but he's going to be on camby's level as a DPOY caliber player who'll get you garbage points.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Mecca
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:52 am

abuzz wrote:
KnicKs LiL NaTe wrote:If we want to draft ne, Hasheem Thabeet is a perfect option at center. If we could trade for one, maybe Chandler, Camby, or Dalenbert, can do the job.

Ever since the Knicks struck "SILVER" with Ewing (SR), Knick fans have a tendency to be in a lip-lock with any of Georgetown's Centers. Think Sweetney, not sweetly and continue looking around, there are better centers than Thabeet.

Thabeet isnt from Georgetown, your thinking of Hibbert.
Brooklyn Nets
DRoberstonNYY
Banned User
And1: 18

Re: We Have to Complement Lee. 

Post#10 » by DRoberstonNYY » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:53 am

can we get lee's defense right. he's bad with rotations and he's not a good shotblocker but he's a pretty damn good man to man defender.. especially on guys who are bigger than him
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#11 » by GuyverADL » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:21 am

Are we really trying to build our front court around Lee. Get real.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#12 » by NetsForce » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:23 am

I don't think the Knicks should try to find players that complement Lee since Lee isn't the type of player you build around.

Maybe as a secondary goal fine, but as a primary goal it doesn't make much sense...
Brownsville's Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#13 » by Brownsville's Finest » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:41 am

chandler would be great but that contract is way 2 big if we still wanna be players in 2010
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,000

Post#14 » by Fury » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:47 am

optimusADL wrote:Are we really trying to build our front court around Lee. Get real.

I'd hope so considering he's averaging 16 and 12. Oh wait, this is Optimus. Nevermind.

Trade everyone for inexperienced rookies who will never be the players we already have.
Mecca
RealGM

Post#15 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:47 am

optimusADL wrote:Are we really trying to build our front court around Lee. Get real.

No, we dont build around him, but it is simple basketball sense to know that having 2 players that complement each other, do better than a team with 2 exact types of big men...

Ex Z-Bo and Curry or Lewis and Howard......
Brooklyn Nets

Return to New York Knicks