ImageImageImageImageImage

Jesus Shuttlesworth reborn

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

cshoops
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Jesus Shuttlesworth reborn 

Post#1 » by cshoops » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:22 am

The court of public opinion is mute to the self when your only focus is to do the thing you love with people who love you for it. Steph has made many mistakes in his life but as a man we all seek a chance to right the wrongs we have made. If you ask me to eat humble pie I will, If you tell me to shut up and sit still I will but let me keep my pride. Don't slander me in forums where I'm not allowed to speak. I'm not cheering for Boston but I'm cheering for the kid I saw light it up at Lincon Highschool. Make fun of me for being loyal but where I'm from he's the Prince of the playground. We all have stories to tell of what we've witnessed as he's risen and fallen but for my community to see him rise again would motivate the masses.
sonny
RealGM
And1: 269

Re: Jesus Shuttlesworth reborn 

Post#2 » by sonny » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:26 am

Huh?
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#3 » by Knicksfan1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:30 am

All I could say is go ahead... I dont care about him... and I hope he fails in Boston
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
next2spike
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#4 » by next2spike » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:30 am

cshoops, thats your xbl account? and give me one story of marbury in high school; like to hear one.
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#5 » by truth serum » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:33 am

Dude....this is a good post. I can't hate.

And I've said it before...a part of me wants him to succeed too. There were times where I loved Marbury....but there were more times where I felt sick about him. I don't want him to be a Knick, but at the same time, I won't feel guilty rooting for the guy. For someone like you who has a much deeper connection, I wouldn't fault you one bit.

It's a sad story really. He really is New York's own and had a shot to be something great playing for his home team. Partially Isiah's fault....partially his. It's a shame.
TwelvePac
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#6 » by TwelvePac » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:35 am

At The Mecca wrote:Dude....this is a good post. I can't hate.

And I've said it before...a part of me wants him to succeed too. There were times where I loved Marbury....but there were more times where I felt sick about him. I don't want him to be a Knick, but at the same time, I won't feel guilty rooting for the guy. For someone like you who has a much deeper connection, I wouldn't fault you one bit.

It's a sad story really. He really is New York's own and had a shot to be something great playing for his home team. Partially Isiah's fault....mostly his. It's a shame.

Fixed.
NYSPORTSNUCCA
Lead Assistant
And1: 87

Post#7 » by NYSPORTSNUCCA » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:38 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:All I could say is go ahead... I dont care about him... and I hope he fails in Boston

You dont care about him but., you hope he fails..,,?? Do that make any sense to you???
three2theD wrote:
I've been on the THjr bandwagon since summer league, and I would trade him for Rondo. IMO Rondo is the third best PG in the NBA after Curry and CP3.
I doubt anything happens though.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,630

Post#8 » by knicksNOTslick » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:43 am

The only person I'd want to eat the humble pie you're talking about is Stephon. I loved the dude when we got him and supported him because he was wearing orange and blue proudly and he stepped up for us, taking us to the playoffs the first time he was here. But time and time again, he became the guy a lot of haters say he was going to be. I kept rooting for him to succeed and just play his heart out. But the dude has too much pride, just too much that he can't even admit his faults and correct them. If he only ate that humble pie and worked extra hard for New York and its fans, I would root for him again. But based on his career, I doubt that will happen.
cshoops
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by cshoops » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:50 am

Golden hoops tournament in the early 90's He torched some kid and hit like 5 threes in a row in a game that featured him, Stackhouse, Felipe Lopez and Kareem Reed. The dude was awesome and I seen him go for 50 at the Rucker and stood right behind the basket and Conrad "McNasty" Mcray turned to the crowd while Steph was at the free line for about the hundreth time and shrugged his shoulders as if to say I give up. During that time there was a kid named Richie Parker who everyone thought was gonna be even better but he got into trouble and Steph managed to avoid them then. I also remember watching that championship game on MSG when Lincon won the city championship and if you ever read stories about that area of Coney Island where he's from then you would know his life has been a success ever since the day he got drafted and the street lights stopped meaning to come in but now they meant "Showtime!" I've followed his story and I can honestly say my hood lives through him. Yeah he messed up but this is his chance, his last chance and if anybody gonna cheer for him we will because we have to, he's us. 155th at the Ruck in '94 we were all there and we still here. That's my Marbury story!
next2spike
Veteran

Post#10 » by next2spike » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:55 am

damn man. I wish I was a bit older around early 90's; one for the hip-hop and 2. for marbz. I've been to c.i. once. I've done my homework on his h.s./college/nba, but those streetball stories, that only a few see are the best ones. about the xbl, is that you? you post in nj.com/forums/knicks? this is a couple years back - atlknicks237.
cshoops
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by cshoops » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:01 am

yeah dogs that's me. We played a few games on xbox live. You family man. We used to talk all the time. my xboxlive id is still cshoops. holla at me.
next2spike
Veteran

Post#12 » by next2spike » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:08 am

iight bro. mines changed to jt mon3ybags to keep you updated. probably next week i'll be on.

Return to New York Knicks