ImageImageImageImageImage

tkf's keys to the loss

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Re: tkf's keys to the loss 

Post#61 » by StutterStep » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:32 am

TKF wrote:the thing is , he needs to get a ton stronger for sure, but he has length and long arms, and is not a bad rebounder it seems.... you are right, it is going to be interesting to see how his game takes shape and what position he will play..

Gallo has that calming effect that Tim Thomas showed for a short stretch. When the other players involve him, he moves the ball and takes the wide open shot.

Next game, MikeD better have him as the 3rd player off the bench behind Nate and Wilcox. Anything else would not make sense.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#62 » by GuyverADL » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:33 am

nyknicks2k2 wrote:
2010 wrote::lol: TKF your sig is hilarious!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dam you are coming strong for '09

Im dying.
RealGM
And1: 39,217

Post#63 » by 2010 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:33 am

TKF wrote:
2010 wrote:
waya wrote:Still hating on Turkoglu :roll: He's the type of player I'm hoping Gallinari can become.

I agree with this. I don't know why TKF hates the guy so much. He gives you about 18pts, 5 assists, 6 rebounds, shoots 3's, and hits his free throws all in a 6'10" SF frame while being able to handle the ball. If Gallo can give us that in the futuree I'm ecstatic!

you inflated his stats.... he gives you 17ppg 5 boards and 4 assists and this is of recent, he is a career 12ppg scorer, he shoots just 40% from the field and 36% from three, when jamal did that here, he was hated for having those same numbers.. hedo can play like a dummy sometimes. I don't like him because he seems to show up vs the knicks only.. I take it personal... listen Hedo is 30 years old, he has been in the league for a while, he is finally playing well ona good orlando team. Not a big fan of his, when it counts, when orlando will need the bozo to come up big, he will dissapear like he normally does... unless they are playing the knicks of course.. last year in the playoffs he couldn't hit a three, shot something like 26% and almost averaged 4 turnovers a game... I watched him make silly turnover after silly turnover against detroit he had like 3 straight games with 5 or more turnovers.. the guy can be a bozo.. but vs the knicks. he is larry bird... I just don't like the cat the way yall do....

Yeah, I do gotta admit I fudged his stats upward just a notch in each category, lmao! But now that you broke it down I do see your point and why you dislike him. On the surface I just thought it was an instance of just hating on the dude cuz he's on the other team and calling him a scrub who hits shots with his already slow eyes squinted only against the Knicks. But yeah, I did forget how he shrunk last year in the playoffs. You're right homie...lol

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#64 » by TKF » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:36 am

wambam78 wrote:Tonight Danilo Gallinari officially has become my Favorite New York Knick

He has the swagger, attitude, and mentality to succeed here. Imagine when we start drawing up plays for the guy? Here has been Danilos career in a nutshelll...

1. Injures his back and frusteratingly misses half the season
2. comes back and gives the team a spark as the team wins 8 out of 11 with him contributing
3. Slowly fades out of the rotation
4. Walsh lands us Hughes and Wilcox to try and make a "playoff push" with
5. Gallinari gets no minutes for 2 games and takes it personally when....
6. Gallinari gets major late minutes against orlando and shoots 100%, leads a comeback against a 41-15 team with grit , defense, and hustle (perfect example - rebounding a bad harrington shot, having dwight/lee/alston all grabbing at the ball and danilo emerging out of the pile with it and dishing to an open will for 3)
Give gallo 20 mpg please

that play was huge, and had nothing to do with shooting the ball for gallo..
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#65 » by TKF » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:40 am

TheBluest wrote:TKF did an excellent job on the keys. Really broke down each player's game tonight accurately except the incessant hate on Hedo.

You had the right to talk about the refs but passed it up. I have to give him props here too. I don't think the refs impacted the outcome but they were incompetent tonight as they usually are.

but I did give hedo some credit in the highlighted part of my keys and believe me, I was banging on my desk as I typed it... so give me some credit.. LOL..

thanks for the props.. yea, the refs were horrible, but honestly, we had a chance to win and made some not so smart plays.. plus dwight was so dominant, they made some shots and when it came down to it, the bad officiating didn't decide the game...
Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#66 » by Big C » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:41 am

TKF wrote:
2010 wrote:
waya wrote:Still hating on Turkoglu :roll: He's the type of player I'm hoping Gallinari can become.

I agree with this. I don't know why TKF hates the guy so much. He gives you about 18pts, 5 assists, 6 rebounds, shoots 3's, and hits his free throws all in a 6'10" SF frame while being able to handle the ball. If Gallo can give us that in the futuree I'm ecstatic!

you inflated his stats.... he gives you 17ppg 5 boards and 4 assists and this is of recent, he is a career 12ppg scorer, he shoots just 40% from the field and 36% from three, when jamal did that here, he was hated for having those same numbers.. hedo can play like a dummy sometimes. I don't like him because he seems to show up vs the knicks only.. I take it personal... listen Hedo is 30 years old, he has been in the league for a while, he is finally playing well ona good orlando team. Not a big fan of his, when it counts, when orlando will need the bozo to come up big, he will dissapear like he normally does... unless they are playing the knicks of course.. last year in the playoffs he couldn't hit a three, shot something like 26% and almost averaged 4 turnovers a game... I watched him make silly turnover after silly turnover against detroit he had like 3 straight games with 5 or more turnovers.. the guy can be a bozo.. but vs the knicks. he is larry bird... I just don't like the cat the way yall do....

I agree with this. Hedo has been a no show in the playoffs in tight situations. He and Peja would not show up in the playoffs when they were needed the most. Those two use to drive Webber crazy in the playoffs. Let's also keep in mind that he plays with arguably the best center in the league so he never gets to see a double team.
munchies
Sixth Man
And1: 209

Post#67 » by munchies » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:45 am

i have to give it to nate even though he messed up the last shot. he was making plays after plays and pretty much kept us in this game. he was making shots when non of the other bums on the court could(jj, al, q, larry).

tkf is right, if he really wants to get to the next level he has to learn how to controll himself out there, everyone makes stupid plays, but good players know what is good for the team at a right time, like the pass hedo made to howard for the 3 point play down the strech. he could of shot the ball and no1 would critisize him cuz he was shooting well all night, but instead of chucking up the shot, he made a smart play.

i think nate will mature eventually and i hope it happens soon
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#68 » by TKF » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:46 am

Yeah, I do gotta admit I fudged his stats upward just a notch in each category, lmao! But now that you broke it down I do see your point and why you dislike him. On the surface I just thought it was an instance of just hating on the dude cuz he's on the other team and calling him a scrub who hits shots with his already slow eyes squinted only against the Knicks. But yeah, I did forget how he shrunk last year in the playoffs. You're right homie...lol

I hate on him, not because he plays well vs us, but he plays exceptionally well only vs us it seems.. go look at his numbers.. even whenhe has good games vs other teams, it is usually of the 20-25 pt variety.. but vs the knicks, he goes buckwild.. 33bpoints, circus shots, wrong foot swishes.. If he did this vs other teams, i would believe this is just his game and he is very capable, but he doesn't.. vs the knicks this guy is amazing.. I watch a lot of magic games, my son has been a big magic fan going back to the francis days, and he even hates turkoglu.... LOL. he is a good player, I just don't care to much for the turnover making fool..
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#69 » by HEZI » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:50 am

TKF wrote:that play was huge, and had nothing to do with shooting the ball for gallo..

Funny how Gallo just shytted on evrybody who called him soft and trashed him and there is silence from the haters. All this guy needs is time, but what I love about him is that he looks like the type of player that you cant shake his confidence. When we drafted him and I did research and watched some of the clips of him I automatically said that this guy looks like he is going to be a leader of the Knicks one day and brings a lot of things that simply cant be taught on the court. Im excited about this guy, I dont really think people are aware yet of what this guy has a very good chance of becoming, tonight we saw just a preview. As long as he can stay healthy I think hes going to be just a great pro, an All Star for sure but better yet a leader.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#70 » by TKF » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:52 am

I am not sure what to make of that statement....so I will just explain my take on Hedo.

Hedo rode the pine in SAC for YEARS (4, I think) and showed cases where he could be a good player. He went to SAS for one year, where he was to come off the bench and spell the SF/PF like Barry/Horry used to. He bombed like Beno Udrih did because he cannot play in a BASE system offense.

The Hedo we see is a result of SVG letting him handle the ball as a point Forward and with no rebounding responsibility. I do not want my SIXTH overall pick to be a player that is so limited in his rebounding and defensive ability that I have to run such an offense.

If we happen to be running an open system like MikeD's, I would like to think he can post up, rebound, handle, defend, etc... not just stand on the perimeter and shoot 3pointers. Taht's all

I agree, when you scratch the surface with hedo, and really look at him play, which I have a lot of times this year and last and the year before, etc... you will see a limited player, despite what his numbers tell you.. Have you ever seen him grab a tough board? and his shot selection is not that good, he takes some god awful shots, but vs the knicks they find they way to the hoop.. he turns the ball over a lot and he is not a good defender at all... I want gallo to be a lot more well rounder. Post up, passing, defense and scoring...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by TKF » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:55 am

KnicksGod wrote:Thanks for the keys.

No such thing as a good loss but I'm more glad that it was Wilson and Gallinari leading the comeback than I would have been had they cut into the lead without those two on the bench. It was good to see those two do big things in crunch time.

I'm also wondering what would have happened if Gallo had played the first half. I think we have to be excited about this pick - he is more raw than a guy like Gordon and Lopez but his potential is to be a very unique player who can help you in a lot of ways. I'll take the higher potential along with him being a "project" (although I think his BBIQ is high and he is learning every game). Gordon and Lopez (and others) may be surer bets but Gallo just has a high ceiling.

Duhon has been terrible lately, just terrible. If he plays a decent game, Knicks win.

Nate and Harrington are so used to going 1-on-1 that I wonder if they can fit in on this team if/when that stops being how we score. And it has to because no team wins without ball movement. LeBron could go 1-on-1 a lot and score in bunches, more than anyone in the league, but that's not how you win. So he saves it only for when he needs it. D'Antoni should sit people who don't pass, even if they're scoring.

I agree, and how many rookies come off the bench, sitting all game hitting big shots and grabbing boards.. it say a lot about his mental make up..
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#72 » by ctorres » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:57 am

D'Antoni loves Hedo Turkoglu's game, just an FYI for some of you.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#73 » by TKF » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:59 am

StutterStep wrote:
TKF wrote:stutter.. nate took 3 shots under the 3 minute mark that he missed taht really hurt us, and they were circus shots. Had he kicked that out to the wide open chandler or gallo, who knows how this game turns out... 26 shots is a lot and nate needs to understand when to shoot and when to pass when the game is on the line... sometimes he needs to realize that he becomes a bigger weapon when he passes.. he can't be stopped one on one most of the time, he should use that to pick defenses apart.... 26 shots is a lot bro..

You are correct, no one should shoot (average) more than 17 shots a game, unless he's a MAX player. My point was that his early shots were needed...but everything else he did worked well, until the end. I think by that time he still thinks he has to do it all, when he really does not.

exactly.. and good players understand that.. Great players feast off of it... Nate already established he can't be stopped, so he should have used that to hit chandler, and gallo, who were hot.. I mean this is not rocket science, nate knows who is not... other than himself.. he knows he can create for others.. sometimes getting past that is the hardest thing for most players...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#74 » by TKF » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:04 am

munchies wrote:i have to give it to nate even though he messed up the last shot. he was making plays after plays and pretty much kept us in this game. he was making shots when non of the other bums on the court could(jj, al, q, larry).

tkf is right, if he really wants to get to the next level he has to learn how to controll himself out there, everyone makes stupid plays, but good players know what is good for the team at a right time, like the pass hedo made to howard for the 3 point play down the strech. he could of shot the ball and no1 would critisize him cuz he was shooting well all night, but instead of chucking up the shot, he made a smart play.
i think nate will mature eventually and i hope it happens soon

that is the key, and I gave hedo props for playing unselfishly.. he took 9 less shots thannate and got the same result... my point is and mark jackson made a great quote, he said and I may be off a little with the quote but he said" being hot doesn't give you the right to shoot, but gives you the right to make the correct play".. in other words, if you are hot, your team puts the ball in your hands, it is not the green light to shoot, but the green light to make the right play.... so true
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#75 » by TKF » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:08 am

ctorres wrote:D'Antoni loves Hedo Turkoglu's game, just an FYI for some of you.

he also was singing larry hugh's praise.... and???
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#76 » by StutterStep » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:22 am

TKF, great posts throughout... but that sig by NYK2k2 is the best ever! That dirty old bus with graffiti :lol:

I think someone must have told Al about his nickname 'cause he's mellowed lately and has been letting Nate get his, etc...

O/T: What do you make of a reporter (I assume NY press) asking Larry Hughes whether he was aware there was a website called "larry hughes shoots too much"?
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#77 » by waya » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:26 am

TKF wrote:
I am not sure what to make of that statement....so I will just explain my take on Hedo.

Hedo rode the pine in SAC for YEARS (4, I think) and showed cases where he could be a good player. He went to SAS for one year, where he was to come off the bench and spell the SF/PF like Barry/Horry used to. He bombed like Beno Udrih did because he cannot play in a BASE system offense.

The Hedo we see is a result of SVG letting him handle the ball as a point Forward and with no rebounding responsibility. I do not want my SIXTH overall pick to be a player that is so limited in his rebounding and defensive ability that I have to run such an offense.

If we happen to be running an open system like MikeD's, I would like to think he can post up, rebound, handle, defend, etc... not just stand on the perimeter and shoot 3pointers. Taht's all

I agree, when you scratch the surface with hedo, and really look at him play, which I have a lot of times this year and last and the year before, etc... you will see a limited player, despite what his numbers tell you.. Have you ever seen him grab a tough board? and his shot selection is not that good, he takes some god awful shots, but vs the knicks they find they way to the hoop.. he turns the ball over a lot and he is not a good defender at all... I want gallo to be a lot more well rounder. Post up, passing, defense and scoring...

If you dont think Hedo is a great passer, than I seriously doubt you've seen him play as much as you say you do. The dude is 6'10'', can handle the ball as well as as point guard, get to the hole, and light you up from down-town if you give him the space. He was also clutch as sh*t for them last season, being one of the leaders in 4th quarter points, and having 4-5 game winners. Does he have flaws? Yes obviously, every player has flaws. He isnt quick enough to guard traditional SF's, and he does try doing too much at times eventually ending up in a bone-headed play. You speak as if the guy was making Kobe-like turning fadeaways. No, he was hitting threes and taking it to the hole. That's what he is capable of doing, and against a defense like ours he will do it all day.
Big C
RealGM

Post#78 » by Big C » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:28 am

StutterStep wrote:TKF, great posts throughout... but that sig by NYK2k2 is the best ever! That dirty old bus with graffiti :lol:

I think someone must have told Al about his nickname 'cause he's mellowed lately and has been letting Nate get his, etc...

O/T: What do you make of a reporter (I assume NY press) asking Larry Hughes whether he was aware there was a website called "larry hughes shoots too much"?

Larry Hughes should DDT his azz and put him in the Cobra Clutch. I can't believe the reported asked him that question right after Hughes got more boos than Michael Jackson at a daycare center.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#79 » by StutterStep » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:29 am

Big C wrote:
StutterStep wrote:TKF, great posts throughout... but that sig by NYK2k2 is the best ever! That dirty old bus with graffiti :lol:

Larry Hughes should DDT his azz and put him in the Cobra Clutch. I can't believe the reported asked him that question right after Hughes got more boos than Michael Jackson at a daycare center.

It wasn't asked tonight. I believe it was before the Raptors game on Sunday or Pacers game on Monday.
Big C
RealGM

Post#80 » by Big C » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:34 am

StutterStep wrote:
Big C wrote:

It wasn't asked tonight. I believe it was before the Raptors game on Sunday or Pacers game on Monday.

Yeah I know. The question was asked to after Hughes first game. Al Trautwig was the one that brought it up.

Return to New York Knicks