ImageImageImageImageImage

If we won the lottery this year....

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: If we won the lottery this year.... 

Post#21 » by GuyverADL » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:45 am

cgf wrote:Why do you want a skinnier 2 inches taller version of nate? And yet another forward, if anything I could see going after Westbrook because he him and nate could be a very strong back court on both ends of the floor. And then draft rubio, thabeet or monroe.

Jeff Green would be trade bait the entire year. Let him and Chandler battle it out.

If we have the number 1 I would draft Griffin for the sole purpose of trading him.

We dont need another undersized PF.

Jennings is 6' 1" and is an assist machine. The guy enjoys getting assists. I haven't seen Rubio so I cant comment on him. We need some sped in the back court though.

Oh and I want no parts of Bustbrook AKA Fred Jones 2.0
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#22 » by Knicksfan1 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:47 am

optimusADL wrote:
cgf wrote:Why do you want a skinnier 2 inches taller version of nate? And yet another forward, if anything I could see going after Westbrook because he him and nate could be a very strong back court on both ends of the floor. And then draft rubio, thabeet or monroe.

Jeff Green would be trade bait the entire year. Let him and Chandler battle it out.

If we have the number 1 I would draft Griffin for the sole purpose of trading him.

We dont need another undersized PF.

Jennings is 6' 1" and is an assist machine. The guy enjoys getting assists. I haven't seen Rubio so I cant comment on him. We need some sped in the back court though.

Oh and I want no parts of Bustbrook AKA Fred Jones 2.0

I would trade Griffen for talent and an eddy curry trade
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

Post#23 » by LJ4pointplay » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:47 am

Cause of the offense, Rubio if he declares.. if not then Griffen for the reasons stated, but suprised nobody has brought up Harden.. he could end up being the biggest star of the draft. Two guards NEVER go #1, hasn't happened since at least the 80's (AI was drafted as a point), but your telling me Kobe, McGrady, Wade, BRoy, even Vince weren't #1 overall type talents? From what I've seen of Harden he's not only a scorer, but a very good passer and I think as we fill out the team we need to look for passers at every position, if your going to run-n-gun that's the way to do it, like the old Kings used to.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,157

Post#24 » by TrueWarrior » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:48 am

I take Griffin and dont re sign Lee. Come on now. Its not even close.

Our future front line:
Chandler
Gallinari
Griffin

Damn.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#25 » by GuyverADL » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:51 am

TrueWarrior wrote:I take Griffin and dont re sign Lee. Come on now. Its not even close.

Our future front line:
Chandler
Gallinari
Griffin

Damn.

Gallo is going to be a perimeter PF.

Chandler at SG is entertaining but is not a long term solution. We need a consistent shooter.

Harden looks like he is going to be fat plus his athleticism is Duhon like.
RealGM
And1: 39,203

Post#26 » by 2010 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:51 am

I'd take Griffin and try to trade him to whoever lands the 2nd pick, ask them to draft Rubio for us while squeezing them for a 2nd rounder or possibly another late 1st rounder depending on if they had an additional pick.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#27 » by GuyverADL » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:53 am

2010 wrote:I'd take Griffin and try to trade him to whoever lands the 2nd pick, ask them to draft Rubio for us while squeezing them for a 2nd rounder or possibly another late 1st rounder depending on if they had an additional pick.

I think OKC had multiple picks.

I'd trade them Griffin for 1 of their higher picks or 2 of their lower picks. That would be awesome.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,157

Post#28 » by TrueWarrior » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:55 am

optimusADL wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:I take Griffin and dont re sign Lee. Come on now. Its not even close.

Our future front line:
Chandler
Gallinari
Griffin

Damn.

Chandler at SG is entertaining but is not a long term solution. We need a consistent shooter.

Griffin can play center for us. Him, Gallo, and Chandler is a very complementary and good front line. You dont pass on Griffin for freakin Brandon Jennings. You're crazy.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#29 » by HEZI » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:56 am

Do people expect Rubio to declare this year? Has he been good enough to look like a sure top 2 pick? I have seen him only play in the Olympics so I dont know
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,864

Post#30 » by cgf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:00 am

SMAC-K wrote:Do people expect Rubio to declare this year? Has he been good enough to look like a sure top 2 pick? I have seen him only play in the Olympics so I dont know

His agent is negotiating to lower his buyout amidst rumours that rubio's contract wouldn't hold up in court because a 6 million dollar buyout on a 80,000 dollar contract is so absurdly disproportionate. So if it's dropped down to 4 mil he could pay that off over his first two years assuming he's a top three pick, which he is.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#31 » by GuyverADL » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:01 am

TrueWarrior wrote:
optimusADL wrote:

Our future front line:
Chandler
Gallinari
Griffin

Damn.

Griffin can play center for us. Him, Gallo, and Chandler is a very complementary and good front line. You dont pass on Griffin for freakin Brandon Jennings. You're crazy.

If I can turn Griffin into Jennings and another first round pick then bye bye Griffin.

OKC has multiple picks which Im sure they would send our way for their hometown boy.

Jennings under D'Antoni will be NASTY.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#32 » by HEZI » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:04 am

cgf wrote:His agent is negotiating to lower his buyout amidst rumours that rubio's contract wouldn't hold up in court because a 6 million dollar buyout on a 80,000 dollar contract is so absurdly disproportionate. So if it's dropped down to 4 mil he could pay that off over his first two years assuming he's a top three pick, which he is.

Damn thats ridiculous
DENVER NUGGETS
cgf
RealGM

Post#33 » by cgf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:09 am

SMAC-K wrote:
cgf wrote:His agent is negotiating to lower his buyout amidst rumours that rubio's contract wouldn't hold up in court because a 6 million dollar buyout on a 80,000 dollar contract is so absurdly disproportionate. So if it's dropped down to 4 mil he could pay that off over his first two years assuming he's a top three pick, which he is.

Damn thats ridiculous

People have known he's going to be a star for a while now.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#34 » by HEZI » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:14 am

cgf wrote:
SMAC-K wrote:

Damn thats ridiculous

People have known he's going to be a star for a while now.

Yeah I read his draft profile last year when people started to talk about him and then I saw him in the Olympics and he looks very promising but I only watched like 2 games and that was the Olympics so Im hoping to watch some of his games one of these days if I can find a stream
DENVER NUGGETS
haterade
Sixth Man
And1: 90

Post#35 » by haterade » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:15 am

I would think bigger than just Green, I would draft Griffin and ask for Durant in return. I know it would be almost laughable but OK has a big hard on for Griffin, he is OK basketball.
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#36 » by Assassin_1 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:36 am

If we won the lotto then we would probably sign and trade Lee for a center but I think we take a long hard look at Harden to because we are weak at the 2 guard.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#37 » by HEZI » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:43 am

J-Slim wrote:If we won the lotto then we would probably sign and trade Lee for a center but I think we take a long hard look at Harden to because we are weak at the 2 guard.

Hes huge skull is creepy, it makes him look like hes 6'10" on the court
DENVER NUGGETS
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,074

Post#38 » by blueNorange » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:55 am

thinking of trading griffin is really dumb, the guy has a explosive first step that's better than amare stoudemire's and kenyon martin's(before knee injuries) and he's strong as hell down on the block.

and opt, please, stop ... jennings is gonna be a bust. 6'1" anorexic shooting guard who's gonna have a hard time remembering plays because he's too dumb and thinks he's kobe with his fadeaway bricking shots.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
passthedutchman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#39 » by passthedutchman » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:04 am

I think we could get Phoenix's unprotected 2010 pick from Oklahoma, and possibly Denver's 2009 pick as well. It would make sense for us since we don't have our own that year and Phoenix does stand a pretty good chance of falling into the lottery out West next year.

Otherwise, I'd say just go for Rubio- if we make him the number 1 pick, his rookie salary (around $5 million I think) and the $2 million we're allowed to pay towards a buyout would cover the $6 million buyout or whatever it is (I think it's 4.7 mil euros). But also hopefully he'd be able to get it lowered in court.
cgf
RealGM

Post#40 » by cgf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:10 am

passthedutchman wrote:I think we could get Phoenix's unprotected 2010 pick from Oklahoma, and possibly Denver's 2009 pick as well. It would make sense for us since we don't have our own that year and Phoenix does stand a pretty good chance of falling into the lottery out West next year.

Otherwise, I'd say just go for Rubio- if we make him the number 1 pick, his rookie salary (around $5 million I think) and the $2 million we're allowed to pay towards a buyout would cover the $6 million buyout or whatever it is (I think it's 4.7 mil euros). But also hopefully he'd be able to get it lowered in court.

Rubio/Duhon
Nate/Hughes
Chandler/Al
Gallo/Al/Lee
Lee/Wilcox

i think i just Image

Return to New York Knicks