ImageImageImageImageImage

If we won the lottery this year....

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: If we won the lottery this year.... 

Post#41 » by GuyverADL » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:14 am

blueNorange wrote:thinking of trading griffin is really dumb, the guy has a explosive first step that's better than amare stoudemire's and kenyon martin's(before knee injuries) and he's strong as hell down on the block.

and opt, please, stop ... jennings is gonna be a bust. 6'1" anorexic shooting guard who's gonna have a hard time remembering plays because he's too dumb and thinks he's kobe with his fadeaway bricking shots.

The guy has skills AND athleticism.

He is not a chucker as some would tell it.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#42 » by mjhp911 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:21 am

If we won the lottery this year...

Utah would then say, "GIMME' THE PICK!" :cheesygrin:

Getting Griffin would certainly allow us to try and package Lee in a sign and trade again with Curry (I only said, "TRY", besides, Eddy would only have 2 years left on his deal this summer...). But Blake's latest episode leaves me unimpressed with his toughness now. His parents apparently raised him as a pacifist. So much so that he doesn't push back when he's challenged. It's why they got 3 shots in on him en route to his concussion. It's not a major red flag yet. But we need to see how he reacts when he comes back, and gets pushed around in the tourney. He still might be the consensus number one, but it's not so cut and dried for me anymore.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#43 » by livintoolive » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:26 am

mjhp911 wrote:
If we won the lottery this year...

Utah would then say, "GIMME' THE PICK!" :cheesygrin:

Getting Griffin would certainly allow us to try and package Lee in a sign and trade again with Curry (I only said, "TRY", besides, Eddy would only have 2 years left on his deal this summer...). But Blake's latest episode leaves me unimpressed with his toughness now. His parents apparently raised him as a pacifist. So much so that he doesn't push back when he's challenged. It's why they got 3 shots in on him en route to his concussion. It's not a major red flag yet. But we need to see how he reacts when he comes back, and gets pushed around in the tourney. He still might be the consensus number one, but it's not so cut and dried for me anymore.

They wish. That ish is ours, nice and protected...
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
Tahirou Sani
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#44 » by Tahirou Sani » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:19 pm

I personally would love Monroe
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#45 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:16 pm

Outsider pick here: Greg Monroe. He has as much potential as anyone in the draft and I think he just will be a bit better than Griffin a couple of years down the road. Griffin would be a terrific too, no question. It's just that I think Monroe is the best prospect in college basketball right now...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
Rockice_8
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#46 » by Rockice_8 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:21 pm

blueNorange wrote:thinking of trading griffin is really dumb, the guy has a explosive first step that's better than amare stoudemire's and kenyon martin's(before knee injuries) and he's strong as hell down on the block.

and opt, please, stop ... jennings is gonna be a bust. 6'1" anorexic shooting guard who's gonna have a hard time remembering plays because he's too dumb and thinks he's kobe with his fadeaway bricking shots.

I think you need to relax with Griffin a little bit. Sayin that he is more explosive than Amare and Kenyon is sayin alot. Those two are big time athletes. The only reason Griffin is getting this much attention is because the draft has like 4 guys with all-star potential. Griffin is out playing people because he is bigger and stronger than everyone the gap between college and the pros is wide and we'll have to wait and see what happens when most guys are just as big and just as strong how he reacts. Jennings has his problems (too flashy and not a great shooter) but he has all the tools to be a star point guard (unselfish, creative, lightning quick) guys like that are special. Guys like Griffin who can jump out of the gym can be found everywhere.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,982

Post#47 » by cgf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:47 pm

Jennings still has that streaky in him where sometimes he thinks he's feeling it when he's not, and with his poor shooting this season that is a bad combo. That said barring rubio coming out jennings is the best PG but he's only a step better than DJ Augustin and not a top 5 pick. I think jennings is the only real point in this draft with allstar potential but he'll have to keep maturing as a player and develop that outside shot while keeping up the progress he's making as a distributer and playmaker.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Jcrawford11
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#48 » by Jcrawford11 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:54 pm

nooooo rubio jennings
cgf
RealGM

Post#49 » by cgf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Jcrawford11 wrote:nooooo rubio jennings

Why because rubio has a great understanding of the game of basketball instead of being a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) with a sick handle?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#50 » by Assassin_1 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:03 pm

cgf wrote:

Why because rubio has a great understanding of the game of basketball instead of being a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) with a sick handle?

Jennings is a good player he is just made for the American game, thats probably why he is sucking ass in Europe. He is made to run and play high paced basketball, if we get him we can make Duhon expandable and then maybe trade him for a center to put next to Lee. If we decide to re-sign Lee which I think we probably will, and I'm 15% sure if we do it will be a sign and trade.
cgf
RealGM

Post#51 » by cgf » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:11 pm

J-Slim wrote:
cgf wrote:

Jennings is a good player he is just made for the American game, thats probably why he is sucking ass in Europe. He is made to run and play high paced basketball, if we get him we can make Duhon expandable and then maybe trade him for a center to put next to Lee. If we decide to re-sign Lee which I think we probably will, and I'm 15% sure if we do it will be a sign and trade.

My fear with jennings is that he'll revert back to the chucking fool he was in HS when the pressure's on. Which is why I'd prefer a guy like Nick Calathes who isn't the same caliber athlete, but is a true PG with very good skills and instincts.

duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,438

Post#52 » by duetta » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:16 pm

Trade down and look to recoup several additional #1s, while landing a legit impact guy in this draft.
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#53 » by Rasho Brezec » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:24 pm

optimusADL wrote:

The guy has skills AND athleticism.

He is not a chucker as some would tell it.

Nope, bno pretty much nailed it. Okay, he exaggerated a bit, but he's not far from the truth. He's very much like Nate, only couple inches later. He's more of a SG than a PG, and he can't shoot at all so I don't know how much patience D'Antoni would have with him. His 3pt% in Euroleague is 29% and 15.9% in Italian League - even Rubio, whose shot is also one of his weaknesses, is having much better percentages. Jennings' defense is poor and I think it's mainly because of his not so great basketball IQ.

And athleticism is overrated. Basketball IQ >>>>>>> athleticism. Rubio is by far the superior player, but unfortunately he'll be probably declare next year when we don't have our pick. He's the perfect player for D'Antoni - he thrives in pick and roll and his numbers this year are incredible.

If we get a pick in the 10-15 range, which we probably will, I'd like to see Walsh take a project big. This year's draft is weak so there wouldn't be great risk. A guy like Greg Monroe would be nice, but I don't think he'll last that long. I'd like to see Donnie draft B.J. Mullens.

Return to New York Knicks