ImageImageImageImageImage

I am PISSED OFF! Who's with me?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Re: I am PISSED OFF! Who's with me? 

Post#101 » by EricAnderson » Tue Mar 3, 2009 11:53 pm

StutterStep wrote:
Synciere wrote:This team is just not that good and the sooner we realize this, the better we'll all be.

The roster that started summer camp (when healthy) is actually good, unless you do not believe in coaching. If that is the case, then you should fully want to only tank to get a superstar. You don't even need a good GM or Coach in that scenario. You might as well have Danny Ferry and Mike Brown!

SAdly i think thast the case,the nba is a PLAYERS LEAGUE and specificlaly a Superstars league

Did Doc Rivers all of a sudden become a genius??

In the nba its all about the players
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#102 » by StutterStep » Wed Mar 4, 2009 12:17 am

^It is a players league but Doc Rivers did win COY in his first year with Orlando.
EricAnderson
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,180

Post#103 » by EricAnderson » Wed Mar 4, 2009 12:26 am

StutterStep wrote:^It is a players league but Doc Rivers did win COY in his first year with Orlando.

My point is Doc wasnt as bad a coach as he showed when was when he lost 20 something in a row with Orlando and isnt as good a coach as he was with the celtics,its all about the players
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#104 » by StutterStep » Wed Mar 4, 2009 12:31 am

EricAnderson wrote:
StutterStep wrote:^It is a players league but Doc Rivers did win COY in his first year with Orlando.

My point is Doc wasnt as bad a coach as he showed when was when he lost 20 something in a row with Orlando and isnt as good a coach as he was with the celtics,its all about the players

It's also about a GM deciding it was OK to tank and giving the coach a vote of confidence. I hate the idea of TANKING but my question is: what are we really doing this late in the season with this roster?

Gallo and Chandler getting less minutes than Larry Hughes and Al Harrington -- two contracts that expire next year.

Wilcox not playing more minutes than Jeffries?

Let's use those guys and if we win, fine. But let's stop losing with vets who will not be here!
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,132

Post#105 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:10 am

StutterStep wrote:
TrueWarrior wrote:But keep ignoring everyone man. Stay wavy.

There are posters I respond to because they say (write) interesting things, then there are posters who come at me looking for attention. Guess which group you are in!

Ha looking for attention? Because I disagree with you? Man you're like a 12 year old. Its funny how you try and act like you're better than me yet you can never have a good conversation without insulting.

Just like you've told me some of threads were "dumb". This thread is freakin (Please Use More Appropriate Word). What are you looking for? Guys to agree with you and say they're "pissed" so you can feel better about yourself? So you can tell us your awesome alternative plan to Walsh's thats horrible?

:lol: :lol: Im done with you clown. You're not even worth replying to. I just do it to see if you actually have the balls to comment back without acting like an acne covered little girl.

Oh snap :P
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#106 » by StutterStep » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:14 am

TrueWarrior, this is your FIRST post in this thread! Look at the bolded text!

You are a BYTCH to me! You are always jocking me!

You are pathetic!

I tried ignoring you but you keep coming back and hollering at me while wiping my juice off your eyebrows. I really don't know how much plainer I can be with it. You are a bytch to me! What don't you get?

TrueWarrior wrote:Stutter is the typical ultimate impatient short sighted Knicks fan.

Put that in your sig buddy.

BTW, like others have said, it was never about this year, or next year. If you still fail to see this then you must not be that bright. We ARE competitive right now. We may be 10 games under .500, but we're in every game and are fighting. This is after we traded our two high scorers early in the season. Yea Mike should be playing Chandler and Gallo more but we're also trying to up our guy's value to trade them. Its going to take a little bit to completely clean up Isiahs mess. It was never about this year brosef.

Capische?
TrueWarrior
RealGM

Post#107 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:24 am

StutterStep wrote:TrueWarrior, this is your FIRST post in this thread! Look at the bolded text!

You are pathetic!

I tried ignoring you but you keep coming back and hollering at me while wiping my juice off your eyebrows. I really don't know how much plainer I can be with it. You are a bytch to me! What don't you get?

Hahaha you've been saying the same jack for months now. How many times are you going to repeat yourself? So yea if you fail to see what Im saying then you must not be that bright, which I dont think you are. Ive told you 100 times, we all have, thats its not about this year. That 2010 is our best plan and Walsh has done everything he said he would. You have no argument and never have. You're upset that we arent an amazing team already but also upset that we aren't bad enough to get a top pick. Okay but what the hell do you want us to do? We're playing all of our young guys big minutes except Gallo, which Im sure we will start to play him more. We traded our two "best" players. You thought the team we had at the beginning of the season was good!! HAHA BASED ON WHAT? What do you want? Besides b*tching about getting second rounders in the Zach trade or amazingly getting picks and young players in general like its so easy? What the hell are you "pissed" about? That we arent winning 50 games already? Are you serious?

BTW I love getting you all riled up. Its so easy :lol: . You remind me of arguments I have with my old man about sports :o

So hey try answering my post. Im not going to resort to calling you a "bytch", whatever that is. Thats just sad man. Freakin E-Thug lol.
TwelvePac
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#108 » by TwelvePac » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:49 am

TrueWarrior wrote:
StutterStep wrote:TrueWarrior, this is your FIRST post in this thread! Look at the bolded text!

You are pathetic!

Hahaha you've been saying the same jack for months now. How many times are you going to repeat yourself? So yea if you fail to see what Im saying then you must not be that bright, which I dont think you are. Ive told you 100 times, we all have, thats its not about this year. That 2010 is our best plan and Walsh has done everything he said he would. You have no argument and never have. You're upset that we arent an amazing team already but also upset that we aren't bad enough to get a top pick. Okay but what the hell do you want us to do? We're playing all of our young guys big minutes except Gallo, which Im sure we will start to play him more. We traded our two "best" players. You thought the team we had at the beginning of the season was good!! HAHA BASED ON WHAT? What do you want? Besides b*tching about getting second rounders in the Zach trade or amazingly getting picks and young players in general like its so easy? What the hell are you "pissed" about? That we arent winning 50 games already? Are you serious?

BTW I love getting you all riled up. Its so easy :lol: . You remind me of arguments I have with my old man about sports :o

So hey try answering my post. Im not going to resort to calling you a "bytch", whatever that is. Thats just sad man. Freakin E-Thug lol.

Putting all personal issues aside, TW, you are wrong when you say we Are competitive right now. Kind of sad what competitive to some Knicks fans means these days. Myabe Stutter and me are just some of the few who still have some self-pride among a bunch of fans who seem to have a case of battered wife syndrome.

I am willing to be patient for 2010 but the way we are handling things lately, 2010 might be a long awaited disapointment if we keep wasting opportunities all over the place.
TrueWarrior
RealGM

Post#109 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:56 am

Mafu wrote:
Putting all personal issues aside, TW, you are wrong when you say we Are competitive right now. Kind of sad what competitive to some Knicks fans means these days. Myabe Stutter and me are just some of the few who still have some self-pride among a bunch of fans who seem to have a case of battered wife syndrome.

I am willing to be patient for 2010 but the way we are handling things lately, 2010 might be a long awaited disapointment if we keep wasting opportunities all over the place.

But I dont get what you guys expected? We ARE competitive right now. That doesnt mean we have to be over .500 to compete. Would you not say we have been close in 90% of the games we've lost this season? We're fighting and we have minimal talent right now. When Nate Robinson is your best player your team just isnt that good, yet we're hanging in there with the best teams in the game.

You're acting like I dont want to win or something? Thats what irks me the most. You guys just see the glass as half empty. Thats okay. Be skeptical. Thats what the boards are for. But what did you want Walsh to do? Please somebody give me something. I would love to hear a better alternative. Ive been asking for one for months and still get nothing. AGAIN besides harping on insignificant things like freakin Balkman.

Its going to take more than half a season to clean up Isiahs mess. But we're headed in the right direction. Why cant you see this? Again please tell me a better plan. Im all ears. But MY GOD dont tell me we should not have traded Crawford and Zach like they were the next Stockton and Malone. Dont go there man.
TwelvePac
Veteran

Post#110 » by TwelvePac » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:17 am

Nothing I can say can answer that question to anybodyies satisfaction. That's why I am the fan and Walsh is the GM. I only have opinions and I don't make the big bucks and have the huge staff that Walsh has. But let me recap:

Zach and Jamaal trades were brilliant.

Larry Hughes and Chris Wilcox trades good but (and I really hope I am wrong) too late.

Marbury: mishandled

Curry: should be publicly called out maybe fined.

Roberson: No business in the roster.

Malik Rose: did not fetch what I thought it could have.

Balkman: premature jettisoning.

Record:

2 Wins, 4 losses, 2 ties
TwelvePac
Veteran

Post#111 » by TwelvePac » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:22 am

Make that 3 wins, I like Gallo.
TrueWarrior
RealGM

Post#112 » by TrueWarrior » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:29 am

Mafu wrote:Nothing I can say can answer that question to anybodyies satisfaction. That's why I am the fan and Walsh is the GM. I only have opinions and I don't make the big bucks and have the huge staff that Walsh has. But let me recap:

Larry Hughes and Chris Wilcox trades good but (and I really hope I am wrong) too late.

Record:

2 Wins, 4 losses, 2 ties

But the "wins" that you acknowledged were his biggest moves and only trades. So wouldnt his 4 big trades have a little bit more bearing than Roberson and Balkman? They're both gone now. Roberson was a 15th man who Walsh and Dantoni were wrong about in the end. It happens. While Balkman wouldnt even be in the NBA if we didnt pick him in the 1st round, and I can say that with confidence even though I like the guys energy. So who cares about these two guys? I dont know why people still talk about them. While Rose fetched us Wilcox. Not the greatest player ever but what better player could we have gotten that expired before 2010 that we could have gotten with Rose? It was slim pickings.

Curry and Marbury are also insignificant. These arent Donnies guys, they're Isiahs. And they pretty much embody exactly what has been wrong with the Knicks the last few years. Stupidity (Marbury) and laziness (Curry). Yea we could have handled Marbury better but who cares? He expires after the season and we obviously werent going to re-sign him. It was Marbury that was being the baby, not Donnie. While Currys situation has nothing to do with Donnie either. Calling him out in the media would just worsen things for us and make us look bad. Curry is a lost cause and it has nothing to do with our GM or coach. He just doesnt care and never will.

I just dont know what you guys expect. I think Donnie has been great and Im far from a "follow the crowd" type. I just dont find anything wrong with what hes done yet. We all want to win, but calling out Donnie and our coach is asinine. They're the best thing to happen to this franchise in the last 8 years.

EDIT: And the Wilcox/Hughes trades werent available until the deadline. After the Bulls made the Salmons/Miller trade they then made the trade with us. While Donnie didnt trade Rose earlier because he (like you) probably thought he would fetch us something better at the deadline, which didnt really happen.
TwelvePac
Veteran

Post#113 » by TwelvePac » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:43 am

TrueWarrior wrote:
Mafu wrote:Nothing I can say can answer that question to anybodyies satisfaction. That's why I am the fan and Walsh is the GM. I only have opinions and I don't make the big bucks and have the huge staff that Walsh has. But let me recap:

Record:

2 Wins, 4 losses, 2 ties

But the "wins" that you acknowledged were his biggest moves and only trades. So wouldnt his 4 big trades have a little bit more bearing than Roberson and Balkman? They're both gone now. Roberson was a 15th man who Walsh and Dantoni were wrong about in the end. It happens. While Balkman wouldnt even be in the NBA if we didnt pick him in the 1st round, and I can say that with confidence even though I like the guys energy. So who cares about these two guys? I dont know why people still talk about them. While Rose fetched us Wilcox. Not the greatest player ever but what better player could we have gotten that expired before 2010 that we could have gotten with Rose? It was slim pickings.

Curry and Marbury are also insignificant. These arent Donnies guys, they're Isiahs. And they pretty much embody exactly what has been wrong with the Knicks the last few years. Stupidity (Marbury) and laziness (Curry). Yea we could have handled Marbury better but who cares? He expires after the season and we obviously werent going to re-sign him. It was Marbury that was being the baby, not Donnie. While Currys situation has nothing to do with Donnie either. Calling him out in the media would just worsen things for us and make us look bad. Curry is a lost cause and it has nothing to do with our GM or coach. He just doesnt care and never will.

I just dont know what you guys expect. I think Donnie has been great and Im far from a "follow the crowd" type. I just dont find anything wrong with what hes done yet. We all want to win, but calling out Donnie and our coach is asinine. They're the best thing to happen to this franchise in the last 8 years.

EDIT: And the Wilcox/Hughes trades werent available until the deadline. After the Bulls made the Salmons/Miller trade they then made the trade with us. While Donnie didnt trade Rose earlier because he (like you) probably thought he would fetch us something better at the deadline, which didnt really happen.

True, but sad.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#114 » by TKF » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:55 am

First of all , lets calm down and keep it insult free... Now back to the conversation, everyone has their way of building this team. I like the 2010 plan if not for anything else it gives us flexibility.. I like flexibility.. I like the ability to make moves, even if I don't know what those moves or choices may be in the future, I like the ability and flexibility to do so...

Next: I don't understand why anyone feels keeping zach and crawford would make us better? what is better with those guys and our previous situation? I think the beginning of the season mislead so many people and I was afraid of that. I am sorry, but I rather trade something too soon than too late. In other words, If I have stock in a company I rather move it and make less money and reinvest that money elsewhere than wait too late and miss out on a potential gold mine...

As far as placing curry and marbury at the feet of donnie.. why? he inherited those guys, got rid of one, and can only do so much with the other.. let me ask you guys.. If you were the GM of another team, would you want curry? NO!! so lets stop making it seem as if donnie was supposed to easily get rid of curry, cut curry, or trade him for two first round picks..

roberson? why does anyone even mention this as a move of any significance.. I have never seen fans of any franchise nitpick themost meaningless things? can anyone tell me how having roberson ride the bench on this team has hurt us? It is like trying to figure out why AIG failed and blaming and pointing to the mailroom clerk as one of the reasons....

Malik rose? mafu, what did you expect we could fetch for this guy?

I don't know guys.. It seems like there were some unreal expectations going on here and the lack of patience is really showing..

And yes we are competing most every night, I can say that, they may not result in wins, but we are competing...
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#115 » by Paeds » Wed Mar 4, 2009 4:00 am

I don't know guys.. It seems like there were some unreal expectations going on here and the lack of patience is really showing..

And yes we are competing most every night, I can say that, they may not result in wins, but we are competing...

Zero patience, we have made move trades than any other team in the league and we arent done
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,760

Post#116 » by cgf » Wed Mar 4, 2009 4:34 am

How can people harp about the balkman jettisonning when it's clear he wasn't smart enough to play the type of game mike wanted us to play. People will point to jeffries, but if mike could jettison jeffries he wouldn't hesitate for a second.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
tomgugliottamvp
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#117 » by tomgugliottamvp » Wed Mar 4, 2009 4:56 am

Who's with you? The same impatient crybaby fanbase we've always had. There's difference between losing with absolutely no hope at anything like we were during the Isiah Era and between losing with some sort of plan for the future. Right now the plan is to get under the cap. This has basically been accomplished, save Eddy Curry being moved. So why exactly are you whining? Do you not have anything better to do with your time? Relax.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,760

Post#118 » by cgf » Wed Mar 4, 2009 5:03 am

Record:

2 Wins, 4 losses, 2 ties

are **** kidding me, walsh should've gotten more for worthless ass malik rose? And Balkman wasn't going to play for d'antoni because he can't make a pass with pausing to hit a blunt and think about it. Roberson didn't go well but it we're talking about a bench warmer. The Marbury thing's debateble and you don't want to necessarily be known as a franchise that fines players during times of private agony and "injury"
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Return to New York Knicks