ImageImageImageImageImage

What year does the Tank Brigade vanish from here?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#1 » by richardhutnik » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:07 pm

EVERY year, the Tank Brigade comes out here, in all its regal grandeur and demands that EVERYONE line up behind it, and join the parade. The destination is the top of the Lottery, and like all Tankers, they fail to reach their objective.

Anyhow, anyone know what YEAR you think this will stop? If things continue, and Walsh and D'Antoni don't get the Knicks competitive, I have a feeling it is going to be EVERY year.

So, anyone else have any other ideas? I am not sure when. My hope is next seasons, or 2011 if not now. But I don't know. Well, you can get the idea that I feel they may NEVER leave. But, curious to see what else other think.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: What year does the Tank Brigade vanish from here? 

Post#2 » by GuyverADL » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:10 pm

The Tank Brigade would have ended this year if we could have tanked properly.

If we had aggressively sought out that 3rd pick we could have had OJ Mayo. Follow that up with a successful tank this year and we could have Mayo and Monroe on the same team.

Mayo and Monroe.

Dam high IQ and talent in the front court AND back court.
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,485

Post#3 » by Synciere » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:10 pm

2011, after we have maxed out our cap space from the eddy/Jared deals. Or whenever Lebron/Wade sign with the Knicks.

Until then, someone will advocate us tanking every year until we get a Lebron/Duncan. If this were football, I might agree. With the lottery though, I'd rather be good and hope we win than be bad and lose anyway...
Big Chan
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#4 » by Big Chan » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:14 pm

Tanking is done after this year, we don't have a pick next year and we have to be at least in the playoffs next year for LeBron to want to come here.

For the record i want a good draft pick this year, and up until about a week ago i wanted to make the playoffs, but the last two losses have really exposed us for what we are, a VERY bad team. Lets just try to get a top 6 pick and call it a day.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#5 » by GuyverADL » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:14 pm

I dont think what we lost is going to sink in until OJ Mayo is tearing it up next year.
waltoni2010
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by waltoni2010 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:15 pm

Rich worst is the peeps on here that claim after every win were finals bound and after every loss were clearly tanking thats the worst right there. They act like no win or loss has any weight behind it but its just some sort of planned thing from the start im kinda tired of it all myself peeps on here got no idea we are rebuilding the team and they act like this team is suppose to be real good and when its not they trash the team over it and act all smart like they knew it all along. Theres alot of that goin on and its real annoying and sometimes I think some of these guys are just trolls pretending to be knick fans and then trashing everything just to watch the real fans get upset over it.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#7 » by GuyverADL » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:15 pm

Big Chan wrote:Tanking is done after this year, we don't have a pick next year and we have to be at least in the playoffs next year for LeBron to want to come here.

For the record i want a good draft pick this year, and up until about a week ago i wanted to make the playoffs, but the last two losses have really exposed us for what we are, a VERY bad team. Lets just try to get a top 6 pick and call it a day.

Where have you been the first half of the year. We have been playing the same way all year.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#8 » by duetta » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:16 pm

Unfortunately, ownership charges close to the highest prices in the NBA (I assume that the Lakers may be slighter higher or at about the same level), and hence is not interested in sending a message to wealthy fans that an NBDL team will be replacing the Knicks this season.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,027

Post#9 » by stuporman » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:26 pm

This is the last season. Next season the pick doesn't belong to the Knicks so it's the playoff parade then. The season after that with the newly signed FA it's onward and upward. At least in theory this is the idea.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Rich2Hassan
RealGM
And1: 5,800

Post#10 » by Rich2Hassan » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:31 pm

I dont think anyone on here wants to tank, besides bNo. It's just that, in the position we are in now, we are not making the post-season, so why not just throw the rest of the games to get a decent draft position. Or just win enough games whereas, we not bad enough for a decent lottery position, and not good enough to make the post season. But im not for tanking.
Heat President of TANK operations.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#11 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:40 pm

lots of people want to tank every year but I dont see it stopping until at least one of two things happen, and probably both;

1} we win a playoff series
2}we acquire a true star player

once there is enough hope for people to latch onto we will move away from talking about tanking the day after the draft.

hopefully!

however a lot of people dont recognize the importance of making the playoffs and the ability to do so even without a star player.

Im opposed to tanking on old school principle and I find whats happening in GS despicable. That said, when the lottery comes around Im praying for a top pick. Tor, Port and Chi took the top picks the last 3 yrs and all three were playoff contenders those seasons who missed it by only several games. I think all three were 9th place or so
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 818

Post#12 » by KOA » Tue Mar 3, 2009 6:05 pm

The tank brigade will stop when we actually draft a really good player. If we don't receive the first pick in the draft, then I really do not have any confidence in Walsh's ability to evaluate young talent...
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#13 » by GuyverADL » Tue Mar 3, 2009 6:07 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:lots of people want to tank every year but I dont see it stopping until at least one of two things happen, and probably both;

once there is enough hope for people to latch onto we will move away from talking about tanking the day after the draft.

hopefully!

however a lot of people dont recognize the importance of making the playoffs and the ability to do so even without a star player.

Im opposed to tanking on old school principle and I find whats happening in GS despicable. That said, when the lottery comes around Im praying for a top pick. Tor, Port and Chi took the top picks the last 3 yrs and all three were playoff contenders those seasons who missed it by only several games. I think all three were 9th place or so

The Wizards made the playoff now look at them. So did Chicago 2 seasons ago.

Making the playoffs means jack.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,161

Post#14 » by TrueWarrior » Tue Mar 3, 2009 6:11 pm

KOA wrote:The tank brigade will stop when we actually draft a really good player. If we don't receive the first pick in the draft, then I really do not have any confidence in Walsh's ability to evaluate young talent...

as opposed to who? Isiah and his awesome Frye pick?

You still dont think Gallo was a good pick? Really? The guy has showed alot of promise. You cant compare him to guys like Gordon, Lopez, Augustin, and whoever because they been gettin 30+ mpg all year and are in mid season form. Gallo will be better than all three of them. Quote it.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,889

Post#15 » by cgf » Tue Mar 3, 2009 7:18 pm

It should be done next season. First of all we don't have our first round pick next season, and second of all our young talent, gallo, chandler, first round pick, lee and nate, should play a big enough role in our playoff push that people realize you need to establish a winning culture before you can become a winning franchise.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#16 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Mar 3, 2009 8:36 pm

optimusADL wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:lots of people want to tank every year but I dont see it stopping until at least one of two things happen, and probably both;

hopefully!

The Wizards made the playoff now look at them. So did Chicago 2 seasons ago.

Making the playoffs means jack.

yeah, and the wiz have at least 2 all star level players, perhaps 3, and a top pick coming this year. And had they not been injured so much they may well have been a very strong team yet again this. so whats your point? You wouldnt want the wiz position right now?

and Chi looks solid to me, what they lack is playoff experience. they lose a lot of games because of inexperience. And coaching. And did last year too
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#17 » by Jstarks3 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 8:37 pm

ill be gone in 2010. its more of a 'hope for the future' than 'tank brigade'
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
Jstarks3
General Manager
And1: 740

Post#18 » by Jstarks3 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 8:37 pm

wiz aren't going ANYWHERE.
by IllmaticHandler

I just got off the Phone with NAS. He said if you listen closely to the intro he not saying **** Jayz. He knew one day a cat name Joey would play himself on realgm. Ether was meant to be used in the future. :o
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#19 » by RutgersBJJ » Tue Mar 3, 2009 8:54 pm

it has to be this year, anyone that wants to tank next year is just a Utah Jazz fan.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#20 » by mjhp911 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 9:49 pm

When we have the best record in the league going into the playoffs, and even then...

There will be tankers next season, trust me. Those that want Walsh and 'Antoni to fail, so they can get fired sooner. You just have to accept it, tankers are a fact of life around here.

Return to New York Knicks