ImageImageImageImageImage

Carmelo??? Hey Frank, I mentioned this already! LOL

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Carmelo??? Hey Frank, I mentioned this already! LOL 

Post#1 » by BasicBall » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:38 pm

Let me go on record as saying that I doubt this can happen.....But I am thinking that 'Melo might be available this summer. This 1 game suspension is WAY over the top by Karl. The guy is being suspended because he did not come out when Karl was subbing for him. Now the coach is the boss, but do you suspend your best player or do you just chew him out after the game?

Karl has always been suspect in my opinion....He talks way too much, I swear! But suspending Melo prior to the Chauncey return to Detroit is beyond over the top...Again, I know coach is always in charge, but after reading why Melo was suspended, it seems a little suspect and damn sure should NOT have been made public! Just my opinion!

I'd send the 2009 draft pick, Duhon and AL NoSharrington to Denver for Carmelo, that is just for starters.

What do you guys think?? :D
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Re: Carmelo??? 

Post#2 » by BelieveTheDream » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:40 pm

i like melo but doubt this could happen
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,317

Post#3 » by gavran » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:41 pm

You really thing Denver would choose Karl over Carmelo? Oh my.....
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,435

Post#4 » by duetta » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:44 pm

His acquisition eats up most of your 2010 cap room, while not bringing back a defensive oriented big man. And I seriously doubt that Denver makes that deal without the Knicks pick being a top three choice.
waltoni2010
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by waltoni2010 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:44 pm

theyd take lee chandler gallo harrington for melo I bet and damn strait I do it.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#6 » by livintoolive » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:44 pm

As a coach, I'd suspend him. As a GM i'd support my coach and hope the player gets over it quickly. If it causes an unsustainable environment, the GM has to side with the player and get rid of the coach.

You can't strip a coach of his abilities by not coming out. Period.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
BelieveTheDream
RealGM

Post#7 » by BelieveTheDream » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:46 pm

waltoni2010 wrote:theyd take lee chandler gallo harrington for melo I bet and damn strait I do it.

lee/chandler/gallo for melo hmmmm no thx a bit to much
rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

Post#8 » by rrosario35 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:54 pm

waltoni2010 wrote:theyd take lee chandler gallo harrington for melo I bet and damn strait I do it.

And surround Melo with what? you just traded 3 maybe *4 pieces that we want here post 2010...
Lee
Chandler
Gallo
*Harrington
waltoni2010
Banned User

Post#9 » by waltoni2010 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:58 pm

Got to give to get and overpaying Lee would make us a bad team for a long time and Chandler isnt all that good and Gallo look sorry hes no more than a bench guy and we dont want to pay harrington big bucks either and he will demand it. You guys rather lock up lee and chandler and harrington at like 30 mils total a year? No thanks no way no how you go get melo and then you can land lebron and one of them are a pf in dantoni system so thats no problem. Then you get peeps lining up to play with those two maybe we get lucky and make our big three bron bosh and melo whod be unhappy wit that? not me lets not get all gooey over our own young players who we overrate anyway we need to get stars and thats one way to start it by trade.
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#10 » by BasicBall » Tue Mar 3, 2009 5:59 pm

Nah...I would not give up Chandler or Gallo. I'd offer the 09 pick and the expiring deals of Harrington & Duhon.

We all know its about 2010, but NY can't rely on that actually coming true. Melo gives them a star and IF they can get Bosh to come in 2010....Melo, Bosh, Gallo and Chandler is a damn nice way to go into 2010. IF Gallo & Chandler continue to show growth and improvement. Just being optimistic here but say NY can resign Lee and Nate to affordable deals, make a trade for Melo and get Bosh in 2010 perhaps sign Nash to the vet minimum and everything else stays the same. Meaning we are stuck with guys like Jefferies and Larry Hughes.

2010-11 NY Knicks

Gallo
Melo
Bosh
Hughes
Nash (old as hell, but play along) :D

Lee
Nate
Chandler
Jefferies (last year of his deal)
Samb
Curry (last year of his deal)
Ewing Jr.
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#11 » by GuyverADL » Tue Mar 3, 2009 6:08 pm

I'd be willing to give up

Chandler, Lee(Resigned), AND Robinson(Resigned), and expirings
for
Anthony and K Mart

No picks.
BelieveTheDream
RealGM

Post#12 » by BelieveTheDream » Tue Mar 3, 2009 6:11 pm

optimusADL wrote:I'd be willing to give up

for
Anthony and K Mart

No picks.

I love chandler man hes my favorite player but melo is only 24 years old still this would be something i would have to take a look at but throw in nene instead of kmart... Can you imagine if we kept nene how he would fit in this system feel like he would be such a good center here
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#13 » by GuyverADL » Tue Mar 3, 2009 6:19 pm

BelieveTheDream wrote:

for
Anthony and K Mart

No picks.

I love chandler man hes my favorite player but melo is only 24 years old still this would be something i would have to take a look at but throw in nene instead of kmart... Can you imagine if we kept nene how he would fit in this system feel like he would be such a good center here

We arent getting Nene. We have to eat a bad deal if we dont want to give up picks.

I eat Kmarts deal and call it day. I dont trade that pick this year or Gallo though. Gallo might actually be able to play PF and we'd have two shooter at PF and SF so we could get by with a slasher at SG instead of a pure shooter.

Antohony, Gallo, Draft pick. Not a bad rebuild on the fly.
BelieveTheDream
RealGM

Post#14 » by BelieveTheDream » Tue Mar 3, 2009 6:21 pm

optimusADL wrote:
BelieveTheDream wrote:

for
Anthony and K Mart

No picks.

We arent getting Nene. We have to eat a bad deal if we dont want to give up picks.

I eat Kmarts deal and call it day. I dont trade that pick this year or Gallo though. Gallo might actually be able to play PF and we'd have two shooter at PF and SF so we could get by with a slasher at SG instead of a pure shooter.

I have to agree ive read that knicks see gallo being a power forward and with a slasher/defensive minded type shooting guard id look at gerald henderson from duke
waltoni2010
Banned User

Post#15 » by waltoni2010 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 6:28 pm

and damn what am I sayin Harrington is playing for a big contract and will want 12 mils plus and lee wants 14 mils plus and chandler will want 8 mils I mean thats like 40 mils worth of players that arent all that good so damn right id trade all three and throw in gallo to the nuggz for a real star in melo! I dont see how you dont once you know those guys all want big money so then what thats our team lol lee chandler harrington thats our front court for the next 10 years oh please hell no. I think bosh melo lebron is alot better than that so when you see that you gotta let go of these guys if you can get a guy like melo who will lure bosh and lebron here otherwise whut we doin here you guys know we keep all these guys then we got lee harrington gallo chandler duhon as our team for the next ten years right? that aint going nowhere!
Jcrawford11
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#16 » by Jcrawford11 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 6:39 pm

no nate
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#17 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Tue Mar 3, 2009 7:30 pm

Carmelo taking up our 2010 cap wouldn't matter because he's worth the money he's getting paid and his max money wouldn't equal the max money that'd be available in 2010.

Lee/Gallo/Harrington/pick is what I'd give up and I doubt that's enough.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#18 » by NYKAL » Tue Mar 3, 2009 7:35 pm

BelieveTheDream wrote:i like melo but doubt this could happen

nah, don't want pus-n-sneakers wearing the Blue-n-Orange armor. Imagine if he pulled a "Carmella" in the garden. We would never hear the end of it :)

seriously though its ironic that he and LB were so hyped together. People wonder and debated who was the better of the 2. Now he's just another scorer while LB is for real.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#19 » by NYKAL » Tue Mar 3, 2009 7:37 pm

I'm sure to be in the minority here but, I don't believe Melo is a max player. Maybe if he stopped being totally panicked by the thought of DEFENSE. Maybe if he played up to his size but ..... I don't know. Maybe personality....just don't like him at all
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#20 » by ctorres » Tue Mar 3, 2009 7:41 pm

I think we could have traded Zach for either Nene or Kmart when we had the chance, but we didn't do it, at least according to reports last year.

Return to New York Knicks