ImageImageImageImageImage

David Lee & Our #1 pick for Ricky Rubio?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

StarH2O
General Manager
And1: 40

Re: David Lee & Our #1 pick for Ricky Rubio? 

Post#41 » by StarH2O » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:38 am

Not sure but I don't think we can trade our 1st round pick, twice in the row. Since we most likely won't have the 2010 pick.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#42 » by waya » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:39 am

blueNorange wrote:i remember in the olympics when rubio checked in, the first thing he did was pick kidd's pocket and made a layup.

'but durr durrr durrrrrrrr jennings wuduv DUNKD teh bawllllll'

I remember that. Kid looked confident no doubt about that. Imagine being an 18-year old kid, and drawing assignments against Jkidd, CP, and Deron Williams. :o
R-DAWG
RealGM
And1: 5,012

Post#43 » by R-DAWG » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:06 am

mjhp911 wrote:Only trade Lee if we can get rid of Curry.

Now, here's the real question. Would you offer Utah our pick this summer? Forget what they would say, would you offer it?

If you think about next season, we'll have guys on their ending deals or qualifying offers, not knowing if they'll be back. We might be worse in the standings next season. Yes, Utah is considering this too. Maybe next summer's draft class is stronger (WITH Rubio). But maybe after a year of 'Antoni's system, we'd be a better team next season. Guys wanting to play harder, so they can stay (hey, there are always two sides to a coin). What do you think?

I'd offer Nate or Lee in return for our pick back. Then tank next season and finish with the worst record (guaranteed top 4 pick) and end up with either Wall, Rubio (if he doesnt declare this year), Henry or Favors
Shemy
Head Coach
And1: 460

Post#44 » by Shemy » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:49 am

Radiohead311 wrote:
Shemy wrote:
Shemy wrote:Hello realgm as you can see im pretty new to the forum as for the topic i have a question to ask you guys

Granted Sacramento will get a top 5 pick, and rubio DOES NOT enter the draft they will most likely draft a big man Thabeet, Monroe etc. so this makes a guy like Spencer Hawes expendable.....

so my question is would you be up in trading our draft pick most likely a PG (Teauge, Jennings) since that's where SAC is lacking atm + either Jeffries or Curry for Spencer Hawes and Kenny Thomas (will be a expiring for that year)

Hawes is just as young as some of the players in the draft even younger than a few, he can play @ the center position, block shots, has a decent jumper for his size, even has a little 3-pt range...i think he could be a perfect fit in our current system

So the final deal would be

NY Sends
'09 draft pick
Curry/Jeffries

SAC

Hawes
Kenny Thomas

now that i think about it i doubt any1 would take curry....wasnt great last season, hasnt done nothing this season his value is real lowwww. tbh even with lee i dont see how you can trade him to any team unless they were desperate enough

their were a few teams inquiring about jeffries so his value is a little higher

so in the end i would do a deal like this

NYK Sends
‘09 1st Round Draft Pick
‘09 2nd Round Draft Pick
Curry/Jeffries

SAC Sends
Hawes
Thomas
‘09 1st rounder (their later one)

with SAC pick we could pick up collision from UCLA

Knicks don't have a 2nd rounder.

Kings just gave away a TON of talent just to cut payroll, why would they take on Curry?

Even if we landed the #5 pick the Kings wouldn't even trade Hawes straight up for it in this horrible draft, no way they also take on Curry or Jeffries.

yea I probably jumped the gun on curry he really does have very very little or no value....probably no value

but I could see them possibly taking on jeffries, though hes not a good player he still can provide a little help to teams....and we would be taking back Kenny Thomas who will be making near 10 million dollars that year

but of course imo this has alot to do with how SAC does in the lotto, if they dont end up with the first pick I see them going after Thabeet, I don't see hawes as a true center just yet in his career so like I said this makes him expendable, (plus you also have Jason Thompson who ppl can argue might be better than hawes)

of course as i mentioned this has alot to do with how SAC does in the lotto....so my imagination is running a little wild
"They scared now"
NYKnick87
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#45 » by NYKnick87 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:53 am

Radiohead311 wrote:
Shemy wrote:
Shemy wrote:Hello realgm as you can see im pretty new to the forum as for the topic i have a question to ask you guys

Granted Sacramento will get a top 5 pick, and rubio DOES NOT enter the draft they will most likely draft a big man Thabeet, Monroe etc. so this makes a guy like Spencer Hawes expendable.....

so my question is would you be up in trading our draft pick most likely a PG (Teauge, Jennings) since that's where SAC is lacking atm + either Jeffries or Curry for Spencer Hawes and Kenny Thomas (will be a expiring for that year)

Hawes is just as young as some of the players in the draft even younger than a few, he can play @ the center position, block shots, has a decent jumper for his size, even has a little 3-pt range...i think he could be a perfect fit in our current system

So the final deal would be

NY Sends
'09 draft pick
Curry/Jeffries

SAC

Hawes
Kenny Thomas

now that i think about it i doubt any1 would take curry....wasnt great last season, hasnt done nothing this season his value is real lowwww. tbh even with lee i dont see how you can trade him to any team unless they were desperate enough

their were a few teams inquiring about jeffries so his value is a little higher

so in the end i would do a deal like this

NYK Sends
‘09 1st Round Draft Pick
‘09 2nd Round Draft Pick
Curry/Jeffries

SAC Sends
Hawes
Thomas
‘09 1st rounder (their later one)

with SAC pick we could pick up collision from UCLA

Knicks don't have a 2nd rounder.

Kings just gave away a TON of talent just to cut payroll, why would they take on Curry?

Even if we landed the #5 pick the Kings wouldn't even trade Hawes straight up for it in this horrible draft, no way they also take on Curry or Jeffries.

Good deal IMO. Something we would have to look hard at. Hawes is only 20, athletic, and a good defender. I like how he plays with emotion as well. He'll certainly fit in this system and has potential to be more than a role player for his career.

And as for the trade for Rubio....NO!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,929

Post#46 » by cgf » Wed Mar 4, 2009 4:28 am

LJ4pointplay wrote:Good points in this thread for both sides. I'm a big David Lee guy, but all the hype around Rubio, the fact that he seems perfect for this system, and us saving all that cash for 2010 would mean I'd have to consider this deal, very seriously. However, one of my biggest concerns is having a deep enough rotation after 2010, 2 for 1 deals aren't they way to secure that.. that's why we need to start buying as many draft picks as possible.. first or second round.
As far the Clippers not needing Rubio: the irony of them probably having the worst record in the league and landing a top pick is that you could make an argument that they are set at every position. Granted you can say that they are invested more into Baron Davis then anyone else, but there was a wiretap the other day about a deadline deal that was real close shipping him to Houston for Artest, so it is possible they could rid themselves of BDiddy.

The problem is that right now are team is a bunch of role players with no elite franchise guy, chandler and gallo could develop into perennial allstar contenders, but neither's even close yet, so giving up two role players for a young star with a perfect fit game at this scheme's most important position has to be in consideration. This kid's going to be a star and he'll do a great job making the people around him better while bringing star calls to NY in a year or two. I loved Derrick Rose this past draft but if I could pick between the two to run an offense like d'antoni's i'd take rubio ten times out of ten.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
KnicksScholar24
RealGM
And1: 287

Post#47 » by KnicksScholar24 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 5:57 am

Rubio isn't coming out this draft, and the trade in the thread title is terrible.
It's hard being a Knicks fan...
Blasphemy
Bench Warmer
And1: 82

Post#48 » by Blasphemy » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:31 pm

BROOOOOOKLYYYNNN!

"A wise man told me don't argue with fools, because people from a distance can't tell who is who." - Jay-Z

Return to New York Knicks