ImageImageImageImageImage

So who's ready to trade Duhon draft night?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King
And1: 1,324

So who's ready to trade Duhon draft night? 

Post#1 » by LJ4pointplay » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:01 am

I'm a flip flopper on Duhon. Kind of rolled my eyes at the signing, was very skeptical his first handfull of games, then became a true believer. After the Warrior game, and even quite some time beyond he was a 2010 keeper in my book. I'm not so sure anymore, he hasn't kept up his play.. though I could see the excuse being used of overextention. Still, being real, are we really going to resign this guy after 2010? How much is next season worth sacrificing the future? If we can get a mid first rounder for Duhon, I think we got to do it. Especially if we draft a point guard.

What do you guys think Duhon's value is? (The team who gets him will have early bird rights?)

Is that Value worth it to you?
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Re: So who's ready to trade Duhon draft night? 

Post#2 » by Knicksfan1 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:03 am

I would trade him for any pg from lawson to Nick, there are many in this draft
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#3 » by StutterStep » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:06 am

I don't see why a team would trade for him on draft night, unless he's a filler in a major deal. Dude is being paid 5.6mil when he's really worth 3.5mil.
nykfan70
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by nykfan70 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:17 am

StutterStep wrote:I don't see why a team would trade for him on draft night, unless he's a filler in a major deal. Dude is being paid 5.6mil when he's really worth 3.5mil.

LOL, Like you really know what your talking about, your such an idiot!.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#5 » by StutterStep » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:18 am

nykfan70 wrote:
StutterStep wrote:I don't see why a team would trade for him on draft night, unless he's a filler in a major deal. Dude is being paid 5.6mil when he's really worth 3.5mil.

LOL, Like you really know what your talking about, your such an idiot!.

:lol: sure you're the idiot who responds by calling people names yet never provide insight.

That's your typical post you ===D
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#6 » by BelieveTheDream » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:21 am

if this was anyway possible which i really dont think there is i would 100% do it in a heartbeat
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King

Post#7 » by LJ4pointplay » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:25 am

Um, I thought Duhon's deal was more in the range of 3.5M, maybe I'm mistaken..

And I don't see why Duhon's value wouldn't be a mid first..for instance the Hawks have the 19th pick as of now and are looking to compete now, they might not be able to resign both Bibby and MWilliams, Duhon would be as good of a replacement to Bibby as they are going to find.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#8 » by StutterStep » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:34 am

LJ4pointplay wrote:

Um, I thought Duhon's deal was more in the range of 3.5M, maybe I'm mistaken..

And I don't see why Duhon's value wouldn't be a mid first..for instance the Hawks have the 19th pick as of now and are looking to compete now, they might not be able to resign both Bibby and MWilliams, Duhon would be as good of a replacement to Bibby as they are going to find.

5.6 this year
6.0 next year

He could be part of a bigger deal but no one is going to give you a mid first rounder for an average PG making 6mil -- not on draft night. You might be able to dump him as an expiring by the trade deadline though.
JackKnife2ooo
Senior
And1: 36

Post#9 » by JackKnife2ooo » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:34 am

worst thread ever.

you all wonder why knicks teams have no consistency and then you beg for the roster to change dramatically every year.

teams succeed with chemistry. chemistry is built through time. give it a rest, we won't be having fire sales every year.

there will be no trades unless they involve dumping curry and/or jeffries. guaranteed.
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#10 » by Knicksfan1 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:36 am

JackKnife2ooo wrote:worst thread ever.

you all wonder why knicks teams have no consistency and then you beg for the roster to change dramatically every year.

teams succeed with chemistry. chemistry is built through time. give it a rest, we won't be having fire sales every year.

there will be no trades unless they involve dumping curry and/or jeffries. guaranteed.

Someone should tell the C's
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
JackKnife2ooo
Senior

Post#11 » by JackKnife2ooo » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:38 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:

Someone should tell the C's

nobody's talking about trading our chips for a disgruntled hall of famer in his prime. you let me know when lebron james is asking for a trade from cleveland and we'll deal away
LJ4pointplay
Knicks Forum GM King

Post#12 » by LJ4pointplay » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:17 am

So you believe Duhon will be here past 2010 then? Cause I don't, and that was my reason stated for trading him...

Believe me, I'm all for keeping a core and coach together for as long as possible, but that's not Walsh's plan, or did you forget that whole 2010 thing?
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#13 » by richardhutnik » Wed Mar 4, 2009 3:37 am

No way! Duhon is actually worth $3,427,842.81 . You are saying he is worth more than he is. By the way, I rounded up there, so I don't have to do with ForEx exchange rates. And Duhon should of only signed a contract for 1.8756 of the season, instead of two full seasons. Not only is he paid too much, he was signed for too long!

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
JackKnife2ooo
Senior

Post#14 » by JackKnife2ooo » Wed Mar 4, 2009 4:46 am

LJ4pointplay wrote:

So you believe Duhon will be here past 2010 then? Cause I don't, and that was my reason stated for trading him...

Believe me, I'm all for keeping a core and coach together for as long as possible, but that's not Walsh's plan, or did you forget that whole 2010 thing?

im speaking in terms of making the playoffs next year. when the contract runs out, it runs out. THEN you make a decision. don't rush to trade it.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#15 » by RutgersBJJ » Wed Mar 4, 2009 4:50 am

it depends on who we draft. If we draft our potential PG of the future, and Duhon is not willing to fall back into a back-up role so we can develop the future of our team, then Duhon should be traded.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
btrue
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#16 » by btrue » Wed Mar 4, 2009 5:08 am

Im with you if we can get someting for him im OK with that. Is it me or is Cris Duhon the Slowest Point Guard in the League, I think he'd have trouble keeping up with Mark Jackson. He also seems to Lack the Explosion needed to get to the Basket & Finish. I Hope its the injuries, or we may need to rethink & Upgrade the Point Position? What are your Thoughts? I recall They said He was a very good Perimeter Defender, I dont see it, He hasn't been able Guard The Other Teams PG all Season which I Believe Is Hurting Our Already Bad Defense.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#17 » by mjhp911 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:04 am

I agree, but he'd still be an ending deal on Draft Night. And he'd still produce for some team. Off the bench, that is.
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#18 » by Flaming Mo » Wed Mar 4, 2009 1:13 pm

Duhon has one of the best players we had this year and propably the last reason why we are still a losing team yet we want to deal him?!? He is our only real PG and we need him on this team, especially in the near future. Now if we hit the jackpot with a guy like Rubio, fine. But you don't plan like that. Duhon is a very solid, good PG who does his job. The fact that he has played a bit worse in recent weeks can easily be contributed to the fact that he is logging such heavy minutes and we never really got a backup for him...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
Papa Midnite
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#19 » by Papa Midnite » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:30 pm

Duhon’s not great but what are you going to do until 2010? Dump him for another PG that probably won’t help the team before 2010? Trust, NYK will sign FAs in 2010 THEN tend to Duhon; they'll him expire THEN consider re-signing him. If you dump Duhon it would have to be for a better (obviously disgruntled) PG that another team probably wouldn’t let go in the first place…AND…has a contract that runs out by 2010. Name me ONE PG that can be had with THAT “criteria”? Basically that should be the ONLY deal you make unless you can get package JJ or EC. Now if a team gives us 1st round pick before #19 then you have to take that deal and sign another mediocre PG “like” Duhon in the off season....but that WILL NOT happen so don't even hope. :lol:

Duhon is backup PG benefitting from D'Antoni's system.
Nupes: Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Wilt Chamberlain, Sam Jones, Elgin Baylor, Alex English, H20, Rolando Blackman, Danny Manning, Darrell Walker (ex-Knick), Penny, Bernie Bickerstaff, Bob Johnson (Bobcats), John Chaney, Kerry Kittles, Johnny Newman
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#20 » by kosmovitelli » Wed Mar 4, 2009 2:42 pm

Is that even a serious question ?

1) Duhon helps the Knicks win games
2) No team will trade a mid first round pick for Duhon
3) Our first round pick will go to Utah next season so trading Duhon would stregthen our chances to be a lotto team next season.
4) Duhon will get better under d'Antoni's system and will probably have more help next season. Our team will be more balanced and with no draft pick there won't be any question : our goal will be playoffs and only playoffs. No second guessing, it will be playoffs all the way. Making the playoffs is very important next season because we don't have a first rounder, we have to show free agents we're making progress, we're on the right track and playoff experience will be important for our players (and their value around the league).

Return to New York Knicks