ImageImageImageImageImage

Kiki & Thorn Knew Of Gallo's Back Issue(s)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,487

Re: Kiki & Thorn Knew Of Gallo's Back Issue(s) 

Post#221 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:42 pm

god shammgod wrote:you can buy a second rounder every year for cash. you don't need to trade a player to obtain one.

Yeah but you don't buy a 2010 second rounder in 2009 normally. I don't think I've ever seen that. On draft night you might be able to buy a second rounder and flip it or buy a first rounder Blazers style, but having a second rounder to deal is nice and more valuable then a player who will cost first round cash anyway. I can't figure out an easy way to articulate what I mean if that's unclear because it's kind of a different thought.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#222 » by GuyverADL » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:52 pm

j4remi wrote:
optimusADL wrote:
Seriously you are overrating Gallo. I have seen ALL of the rookie play this year. Gallo is not head and shoulders above Gordon, Randolph, McGee, or Jason Thompson. Im just being honest.

His dribble move was against Zaza so once again relax.

Walsh said from his own mouth he acquires the players that D'Antoni thinks can fit his system assuming there salaries within his parameters. This is from Walsh's own mouth. So you calling Walsh a liar?

No he hasn't been head and shoulders above them, I never said he was. I said he was balling at 70%. You said he was spotting up from three...Now you're flipping that? His dribble move was a pump fake dribble to a step back jumper. I don't care who it's against, it's a good move. He did an Allan Houston style pull-up jumper earlier in the season too. He's done the Shamgod to players. You pick out one move and say relax :lol: . The nice pass on the drive to Al that Al fumbled? The rebound dribble out, draw a second defender and dime to Chandler? Relax because none of those happened? The point was he's not just spotting up from three. I didn't say Gallo is the better than those guys, so don't flip my words to make yourself seem right.

As for Walsh saying he acquires players that D'antoni thinks fit his system, that's a far cry from D'antoni handpicking players like you make it sound with Gallo. Sounds more like he asks Mike if Al would work in the system and if Mike says "no" he doesn't make the deal. Again, you're flipping words to suit your agenda.

Why would Walsh ask him who he wants. D'Antoni has been a coach for awhile now. He knows the players he wants.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt6qq00n18Y

Bargnani is more athletic than Gallo. Pretty sad indeed.

Oh and please dont insult Allan Houston
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#223 » by FutureKnicksGM » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:49 pm

Man this is not good news. We need Gallo to get back healthy.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#224 » by StutterStep » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:18 am

Yet, they will never say, well at least we are headed in a better direction, at least we have a front office that is professional and has a plan. At least we are sticking to that plan, and we as fan can see where this team is going, unlike how things were in prior years.. I mean the very people that whine and say, "walsh can do no wrong" are the very one's that nitpick every single move... At some point, it just seems agenda driven...

The problem is I personally do not think we are heading in the right direction. Only things that can change that is

1) Gallo being healthy
2) Re-Signing Nate/Lee OR getting good value for them
3) Making the right draft Pick(s) this coming year
4) Signing a MAJOR talent in 2010

You will say these things are in the future, but guess what? The early moves Walsh has made are the reason I don't think we are heading in the right direction. What you see as scrubs (Balkman/Mardy), I see as trading away youth. My feelings are the same as when we moved Ariza/Frye. We are not a team that can afford to give away young players, and whiffing on lotto picks.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#225 » by mjhp911 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:32 am

StutterStep wrote:
Yet, they will never say, well at least we are headed in a better direction, at least we have a front office that is professional and has a plan. At least we are sticking to that plan, and we as fan can see where this team is going, unlike how things were in prior years.. I mean the very people that whine and say, "walsh can do no wrong" are the very one's that nitpick every single move... At some point, it just seems agenda driven...

The problem is I personally do not think we are heading in the right direction. Only things that can change that is

1) Gallo being healthy
2) Re-Signing Nate/Lee OR getting good value for them
3) Making the right draft Pick(s) this coming year
4) Signing a MAJOR talent in 2010

You will say these things are in the future, but guess what? The early moves Walsh has made are the reason I don't think we are heading in the right direction. What you see as scrubs (Balkman/Mardy), I see as trading away youth. My feelings are the same as when we moved Ariza/Frye. We are not a team that can afford to give away young players, and whiffing on lotto picks.

Ah, I want to grow up to be just like you, Stutter.

To expound just a wee bit more. The flexibility is good. But we went overboard with it, IMHO. We still need an alpha scorer and go-to guy in the meantime, until we get someone better. So while I liked the JC deal, I didn't like the Z-Bo deal. I liked the Hughes deal, and the Wilcox deal. While I initially liked the Gallo draft, it's not turning out good. Especially because of the point situation - which should have been ironed out between Walsh and 'Antoni BEFORE the season began ('Antoni should have told Walsh of his plans with Marb, so Walsh could have looked at guys like Augustin closer). The MAJOR talent you talk of in '10 is indeed the wild card in all this, Stutter. I think the absolute best we can do, is RuPaul. I don't think he's going to affect us in the standings any more than Z-Bo would have. So I didn't think that move was necessary. Especially since we had good chemistry going early on, and winning this season was SO important to our long range plans. The November trades just knocked us down, and we've been fighting to get up since. I'm hoping Walsh is flexible this summer, about our flexibility in 2010. Because if a player becomes available this summer who can affect our W-L column more than RuPaul can, Walsh should definitely look into it.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#226 » by StutterStep » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:40 am

mjhp911 wrote:Ah, I want to grow up to be just like you, Stutter.

To expound just a wee bit more. The flexibility is good. But we went overboard with it, IMHO. We still need an alpha scorer and go-to guy in the meantime, until we get someone better. So while I liked the JC deal, I didn't like the Z-Bo deal. I liked the Hughes deal, and the Wilcox deal. While I initially liked the Gallo draft, it's not turning out good. Especially because of the point situation - which should have been ironed out between Walsh and 'Antoni BEFORE the season began ('Antoni should have told Walsh of his plans with Marb, so Walsh could have looked at guys like Augustin closer). The MAJOR talent you talk of in '10 is indeed the wild card in all this, Stutter. I think the absolute best we can do, is RuPaul. I don't think he's going to affect us in the standings any more than Z-Bo would have. So I didn't think that move was necessary. Especially since we had good chemistry going early on, and winning this season was SO important to our long range plans. The November trades just knocked us down, and we've been fighting to get up since. I'm hoping Walsh is flexible this summer, about our flexibility in 2010. Because if a player becomes available this summer who can affect our W-L column more than RuPaul can, Walsh should definitely look into it.

Any player not named Kobe, LeBron, CP3, Howard (lesser extent Deron and Wade) is not worth pissing away two years...NOT when you have enough talent to compete and/or make better trades down the line.

I think the players (every one of them) have their own agenda, in light of the focus on 2010. This year's RFAs are looking at their stats, and next year all the expirings will be looking at their stats. It is a terrible path that Walsh is asking the coach to walk.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#227 » by mjhp911 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:55 am

StutterStep wrote:Any player not named Kobe, LeBron, CP3, Howard (lesser extent Deron and Wade) is not worth pissing away two years...NOT when you have enough talent to compete and/or make better trades down the line.

I think the players (every one of them) have their own agenda, in light of the focus on 2010. This year's RFAs are looking at their stats, and next year all the expirings will be looking at their stats. It is a terrible path that Walsh is asking the coach to walk.

That's another thing. I think the coach has to be somewhat upset by what's taken place. I believe he was told one thing, or led to believe one scenario was going to play out, and then another scenario unfolded. When Walsh and 'Antoni talked of the recent trades affecting things, I believe they were talking about the November trades. 'Antoni is a fiercely proud man, witness him walking away from the Phoenix situation after they told him what to do (Are you freaking kidding me? I'm Mike 'Antoni, dammit! I'm NOT going to change SSOL!). He's averaged 58 wins, and playoffs in the 4 years previous. Now he's asked to babysit a rag tag bunch of ending deals and RFA's while Walsh waits for 2010? This is his quote from the Wiretap article...

"It's so easy for us to get distracted by a bad call or someone forcing a shot up or not rotating and helping out," D'Antoni said. "We get distracted. It lingers about three or four plays. A hardened veteran team does not succumb to those type of mistakes."

That's a veiled shot at Walsh, if you asked me. We've already seen several instances wherein the coach and GM weren't on the same page, this season. It could get worse. Unless Walsh gets him more horses this summer. But where will Walsh find decent horses with expiring deals? Isn't every other team out there looking for them too? It's why I think Walsh has to give serious thought about offering our pick THIS summer, in lieu of next summer's pick. Regardless of whether Utah would accept (I think they wouldn't). I really don't know how we're going to play next season, with most of the players knowing they're gone the season after that. So... I think we may be in a pickle. Yes, I'm looking at it pessimistically. But after the past 8 years, shouldn't we be looking at things with an even more critical eye now?
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#228 » by TheBluest » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:20 am

mjhp911 and Stutter

I clearly said before the draft this summer that these two weren't a good mix. I repeated it this yr also. Two totally different personalities. I said around that time Nate and Lee would be all about their numbers. They couldn't be more about them. Has their stock risen? Not real sure it has and particularly when it comes to Nate has hurt the team's progression in many ways. IMO this season has gone exactly true to form and although expected that's not an excuse for no criticism.

Biz Marc D'AnTone Del The Funky Homosapien Monte 24 inch Python Holy Chit Grail.....

Told Nate before the season the team is capable of winning 50gms. I mean come on WTF I SAY UGH never said anything as preposterous as this. WALSHED UP wants to derail...Pringles wants to make the playoffs. GM holds the coach hostage or better yet handcuffs his Roster to the point players get ran into the ground by game 50.

That's why I wanted to see major overhaul done in the summer if there was going to be a derailing. Which obviously there should have been. I wanted Lee coupled with Curry and 86 to Bansville. I didn't give a flip where as long as it brought back some kind of respectable pick/youth and future cap relief. I mean Lee was the first to be rumored gone because they tried to move him on draft night. I'm also pissed we didn't bother to include our pick with Lee to move up to get above 6. Then we should have focused moving Nate with Effries during the Summer. Then move one of 3 Zach/Craw/Marbury if possible for whatever it wouldn't have mattered in terms of what their value would be I mean look what we ended up trading them for? We should have traded Zach to the Clips for the second rounder. The TE would have lasted up to a yr or could have been used in the 2008 summer to sign FA to 1 or 2yr deals.

There is a great chance we're going to Sukkk really bad next yr because obviously teams below us will get better by default barring nor major moves. Which means not a bright landing pad for 2010 Free Agents.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#229 » by Smoke24 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:25 am

^^^So in other words, we're going to be the Clippers East just without the high draft picks until further notice. YAY Can't wait. :nonono:
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#230 » by mjhp911 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:39 am

Which means not a bright landing pad for 2010 Free Agents.

That's why I thought it was so important for us to start winning this season. We get some of the growing pains out of the way, and play even better next season. By 2010, we'd have a decent team, for ONE max free agent to join. Not two, and with a bare cupboard as well, so to speak.

But I also agree that Walsh wanted his cake, and to eat it too. If he planned to deconstruct, then that's what we should have done. A total teardown, with a young coach to grow with. No, the owner probably would not have allowed it. But the 'in-between' we did is showing mixed results, at best. The coach is frustrated, the team seems to be a mess, our draft pick might be damaged goods, and next season might not be any different. Certainly not a good starting point for a free agent to look to join in 2010. We might have a new coach, with a completely new - and unproven team, with the greatest of expectations from the fans and the media. Ah, I better stop now.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#231 » by TKF » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:16 am

If any of you guys thought keeping Jamal and zach as saving our season, and trading them was pissing away to years, then I guess you guys have been asleep or visiting mars the past few years....

there is nothing more I can say.. nothing!!!
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,762

Post#232 » by cgf » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:14 am

TKF wrote:If any of you guys thought keeping Jamal and zach as saving our season, and trading them was pissing away to years, then I guess you guys have been asleep or visiting mars the past few years....

It really is something I can't understand and I respect zach's ability to get buckets and boards. It just dumbfounds me how some people function.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,487

Post#233 » by j4remi » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:15 pm

cgf wrote:
TKF wrote:If any of you guys thought keeping Jamal and zach as saving our season, and trading them was pissing away to years, then I guess you guys have been asleep or visiting mars the past few years....

It really is something I can't understand and I respect zach's ability to get buckets and boards. It just dumbfounds me how some people function.

There are only two reasons that it'd make sense to keep Zbo...
1) You think we could have traded him later...and I'll point at the trade deadline deals and say, his contract is no longer tradeable.
2) You think we could have won with Zbo as one of our max contracts...As in...no Bron, Bosh, Amare, Johnson, Wade...Zbo as our centerpiece. To that I just point at dude's career. He's not winning any team a chip.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#234 » by GuyverADL » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:22 pm

mjhp911 wrote:
Which means not a bright landing pad for 2010 Free Agents.

That's why I thought it was so important for us to start winning this season. We get some of the growing pains out of the way, and play even better next season. By 2010, we'd have a decent team, for ONE max free agent to join. Not two, and with a bare cupboard as well, so to speak.

But I also agree that Walsh wanted his cake, and to eat it too. If he planned to deconstruct, then that's what we should have done. A total teardown, with a young coach to grow with. No, the owner probably would not have allowed it. But the 'in-between' we did is showing mixed results, at best. The coach is frustrated, the team seems to be a mess, our draft pick might be damaged goods, and next season might not be any different. Certainly not a good starting point for a free agent to look to join in 2010. We might have a new coach, with a completely new - and unproven team, with the greatest of expectations from the fans and the media. Ah, I better stop now.

You cant be competitive and rebuild. Why? Because you arent going to get high lottery picks.

Return to New York Knicks