ImageImageImageImageImage

Kiki & Thorn Knew Of Gallo's Back Issue(s)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Kiki & Thorn Knew Of Gallo's Back Issue(s) 

Post#161 » by GuyverADL » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:40 pm

seren wrote:
Duhon2Lee42 wrote:
seren wrote:Please note that Isiah's drafting skills suck monkey balls. He foresaw the draft for five seasons during his tenure here and he got us ZERO franchise players. All he got was some highly glorified role players. Recognize that Isiah is such a pussy when drafting, he will rather trade them for known stiffs or just take a junior or senior. Is it a coincidence that he never goes for a younger player or a European? No. He is just a pussy that he is. He is so afraid to fail in drafting that he simply refuses to draft or gets "decent" guys.

We could have guys like Kevin Martin, Josh Smith, Andrew Bynum, Monta Ellis, LaMarcus Alridge, Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol etc.

Guys you can build around.

Instead Isiah chose to take on others' failed experiments, others' stiffs with numbers. Isiah is a true pussy when it comes to draft.

Yet you're willing to build around Josh Smith, Aldridge, and Monta Ellis.

Yes. They are better today and better in the future compared to Isiah's picks. Isiah had zero guts. All these guys are better than what Isiah picked or traded for in that particular year.

Did Isiah have a chance to draft Aldridge or Josh Smith? Didnt think so. Oh and Monta Ellis isnt a PG and we'd be in the same mess we are in now with an undersized SG posing as a PG.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,972

Post#162 » by cgf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:42 pm

optimusADL wrote:
cgf wrote:I give up. Optimus you're right walsh is horrible and we should just give up on the knicks and all find new teams to follow, we're doomed and our future is growing ever more bleak.

Did I say Walsh is horrible nope. You make it seem like he can do no wrong.

You want to though, you're waiting for him to fail because he has a different plan for the team than you, aren't you?
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#163 » by GuyverADL » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:48 pm

j4remi wrote:The fact that he was injured and played well speaks volumes to how good he CAN be. That's the point. Those players got no PT or played like trash in their first seasons and turned it around. If Gallo comes back healthy the sky's the limit.

The fact that you don't believe anything reported pre-draft just because Riley liked Mayo is laughable...Mchale WASN'T in love with Kevin Love right? That was a lie because it was pre-draft. Oklahoma didn't want Westbrook? Pritchard wasn't dead set on Batum despite his heart? Gallo didn't get a guarantee? Give me a break. There's plenty of truth reported pre-draft too. Sadly, you'd rather discount all of that because it HELPS YOUR ARGUMENT...but there's no evidence that D'antoni wanted Gallo except that he played with Gallo's dad...that's not evidence. That's assumptive and foolish.

He spotted at the 3 point line and shot 3's and showed he had a pulse relax man. Those players you mentioned were on decent teams. We are GARBAGE and he STILL couldnt log major minutes.

McHale liked Love but who did they draft? Ok then. You can like a player all you want but I care about who you draft. Oklahoma was rumored to like Bayless as well. So Im confused. Batum was drafted at the END of the first round so give me break. We are talking about the lottery. Oh and NJ gave Gallo the guarantee for sure based on what Kiki said.

You are right I have no evidence of D'Antoni saying he wanted Gallo. I do have evidence of Walsh acquiring players that D'Antoni WANTED that D"ANTONI thought would fit his system. See DUHON, ROBERSON, and HUGHS. :roll: No wait Walsh wanted those player for his fantasy league team. :lol:
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#164 » by GuyverADL » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:48 pm

cgf wrote:
optimusADL wrote:
cgf wrote:I give up. Optimus you're right walsh is horrible and we should just give up on the knicks and all find new teams to follow, we're doomed and our future is growing ever more bleak.

You want to though, you're waiting for him to fail because he has a different plan for the team than you, aren't you?

I f he fails the Knicks are once again set back 2-3 yrs. I'm not looking forward to that.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,210

Post#165 » by seren » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:50 pm

optimusADL wrote:
seren wrote:
Duhon2Lee42 wrote:Yet you're willing to build around Josh Smith, Aldridge, and Monta Ellis.

Yes. They are better today and better in the future compared to Isiah's picks. Isiah had zero guts. All these guys are better than what Isiah picked or traded for in that particular year.

Did Isiah have a chance to draft Aldridge or Josh Smith? Didnt think so. Oh and Monta Ellis isnt a PG and we'd be in the same mess we are in now with an undersized SG posing as a PG.

Yes he did. He was so sure of his drafting skills that he would rather trade picks for stiffs. It doesn't matter who plays what position. All these players I mentioned (and some) are impact players, starting five players. What Isiah can show us for his five years of management is glorified role players, marginal starters, and stiffs.
Duhon2Lee42
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#166 » by Duhon2Lee42 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:50 pm

cgf wrote:
optimusADL wrote:

I love how on this board when you criticize someone, you become a hater and want them to do bad.

We want Walsh to do good.g we're all fans of the Knicks. We want to be wrong about Danilo as well. Stating what we feel doesn't mean we wish bad on that player or team. The sooner this board understands that, instead of exaggerating everything, the better.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#167 » by GuyverADL » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:52 pm

seren wrote:Yes he did. He was so sure of his drafting skills that he would rather trade picks for stiffs. It doesn't matter who plays what position. All these players I mentioned (and some) are impact players, starting five players. What Isiah can show us for his five years of management is glorified role players, marginal starters, and stiffs.

:lol: So now Isiah can see the future. I get it now. :lol:

Obviously if he knew the players we had stunk he would have preferred to collect draft picks.
seren
RealGM

Post#168 » by seren » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:01 pm

optimusADL wrote:
seren wrote:Yes he did. He was so sure of his drafting skills that he would rather trade picks for stiffs. It doesn't matter who plays what position. All these players I mentioned (and some) are impact players, starting five players. What Isiah can show us for his five years of management is glorified role players, marginal starters, and stiffs.

:lol: So now Isiah can see the future. I get it now. :lol:

Obviously if he knew the players we had stunk he would have preferred to collect draft picks.

Yes he can. By not trading away your picks, you give yourself a chance to draft. In each and every occasion, Isiah chose a sure stiff over a potential pick.

Remember when he got Curry, he said Curry is better than any player in the draft.

Put that aside, he always picks a junior or senior who were OK players with little to none potential. I remember him saying that he would choose Frye even we had the first pick.

Isiah believes so much in his draft ability, he replicates the position via FA or trade. When he brings in Frye and Lee, he shows his confidence in them by bringing in three other centers/PFs. When he brings in Balkman, he signs the same exact player in Jeffries. He shows his confidence in Chandler with benching him until the season ends.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,972

Post#169 » by cgf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:02 pm

It has nothign to do with questioning Walsh, it has to do with a consistent pessimism about his every move that has been coming out of Optimus for as long as I've been on this board and I'd assume even longer. Criticize away, I mean I question Jerry Reese to this day, for example on signing Canty to so much money when he hasn't developed since breaking into Dallas' lineup, and he won us a historical superbowl, but it's horribly frustrating to be a fan when my fellow fans are always looking for signs of failure due to their own ridiculous expectations.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,554

Post#170 » by Fat Kat » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:08 pm

Duhon2Lee42 wrote:I love how on this board when you criticize someone, you become a hater and want them to do bad.

We want Walsh to do good.g we're all fans of the Knicks. We want to be wrong about Danilo as well. Stating what we feel doesn't mean we wish bad on that player or team. The sooner this board understands that, instead of exaggerating everything, the better.

When posters scour the net for any obscure story that they can twist into a big deal and post laugh smileys concerning the teams woes, constitutes hating. There are plenty of post where the usual suspects clamor around and play slapass after any negative story concerning the Knicks. Don't act naive.

Criticism is fair but also should be reasonable. This team was a disaster under Zeke and it will take some time to get out of this hole. Just because Walsh hasn't followed our blueprint of fixing the team don't make his decisions wrong. He's privy to a lot more information than we are and has been doing this for a very long time. Patience is Key.

He'll be here for awhile, so if you don't like what he's doing with the team, leave and come back once he's gone. The pissing and moaning before his year anniversary is up is annoying and disruptive.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#171 » by GuyverADL » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:13 pm

Fat Kat wrote:When posters scour the net for any obscure story that they can twist into a big deal and post laugh smileys concerning the teams woes, constitutes hating. There are plenty of post where the usual suspects clamor around and play slapass after any negative story concerning the Knicks. Don't act naive.

Criticism is fair but also should be reasonable. This team was a disaster under Zeke and it will take some time to get out of this hole. Just because Walsh hasn't followed our blueprint of fixing the team don't make his decisions wrong. He's privy to a lot more information than we are and has been doing this for a very long time. Patience is Key.

He'll be here for awhile, so if you don't like what he's doing with the team, leave and come back once he's gone. The pissing and moaning before his year anniversary is up is annoying and disruptive.

- The wiretap is scouring the net?
- Shouldn't you take your own advice if it bothers you that much?
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#172 » by mjhp911 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:15 pm

StutterStep wrote:... Gallo does have all the requisite skills, etc...but I still don't get how we take such a big risk coming from 23, 33, 23...? No, this is not just about Walsh; it is about the Knicks and our M.O......!

Bingo! :nod:

seren wrote:Please note that Isiah's drafting skills suck monkey balls. He foresaw the draft for five seasons during his tenure here and he got us ZERO franchise players. All he got was some highly glorified role players. Recognize that Isiah is such a pussy when drafting, he will rather trade them for known stiffs or just take a junior or senior. Is it a coincidence that he never goes for a younger player or a European? No. He is just a pussy that he is. He is so afraid to fail in drafting that he simply refuses to draft or gets "decent" guys.

We could have guys like Kevin Martin, Josh Smith, Andrew Bynum, Monta Ellis, LaMarcus Alridge, Brandon Roy, Rudy Gay, Marc Gasol etc.

Instead Isiah chose to take on others' failed experiments, others' stiffs with numbers. Isiah is a true pussy when it comes to draft.

LOL, clueless...
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,554

Post#173 » by Fat Kat » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:18 pm

optimusADL wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:When posters scour the net for any obscure story that they can twist into a big deal and post laugh smileys concerning the teams woes, constitutes hating. There are plenty of post where the usual suspects clamor around and play slapass after any negative story concerning the Knicks. Don't act naive.

- The wiretap is scouring the net?
- Shouldn't you take your own advice if it bothers you that much?

I'm actually not referring to this particular story, but there are plenty of examples of nitpicking and while posters like you annoy me, you're sometimes good for cheap entertainment. It doesn't bother me much, just a minor annoyance.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#174 » by TKF » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:23 pm

PistoL_D-iX wrote:I just want Gallo to be back 100% healthy. He was the right pick , I just know he is.
He was playing hurt and still provided alot of positive things on the court.
Leadership, enthusiasm, team comradery , high BB IQ , lights out shooting, hustle etc
And that's just him being like 70% , imagine if he was 100%?

Eric the chucker Gordon is what he is , a undersized 2 guard that can score. How many of these do we have in this league already?
Anthony Randolph probably will end up being a good player someday but he's not the type of player that will tell his teammates come with me and i'll carry you to the promise land. Gallo is the type of player that will say that ...which is very rare to see in a young player..

Hey, I am with you man, and I can't wait and I hope gallo does get to 100% But no need to bash eric gordon to elevate gallo. We know gallo, when healthy will be a heck of a player. Just as Eric gordon will be. I like both, and gordon is just a fine young player. Is he undersized? maybe, but the kid is just a talented baller and fun to watch.. Randolph I am not as high on, Just don't like his mental makeup, from what I have seen so far..

Back to gallo, don't let posters get you down, keep rooting for gallo, as I will, and in due time, we will see the player we all thought we drafted... Again, this all depends on his back, and all we can do now is hope all is all with that..
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#175 » by TKF » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:30 pm

I love how on this board when you criticize someone, you become a hater and want them to do bad.

That sounds very empty, looking at every last one of your post, the tone and sarcastic manner in which you come across, there is nothing to make me beileve you want walsh to do good....
seren
RealGM

Post#176 » by seren » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:30 pm

mjhp911 wrote:
StutterStep wrote:... Gallo does have all the requisite skills, etc...but I still don't get how we take such a big risk coming from 23, 33, 23...? No, this is not just about Walsh; it is about the Knicks and our M.O......!

Bingo! :nod:

LOL, clueless...

Isiah boys, LOL... :lol: :roll: Let me know when ZAirBall carries his team to anything significant. And McCurry realizes he is actually a professional basketball player...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#177 » by TKF » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:39 pm

cgf wrote:It has nothign to do with questioning Walsh, it has to do with a consistent pessimism about his every move that has been coming out of Optimus for as long as I've been on this board and I'd assume even longer. Criticize away, I mean I question Jerry Reese to this day, for example on signing Canty to so much money when he hasn't developed since breaking into Dallas' lineup, and he won us a historical superbowl, but it's horribly frustrating to be a fan when my fellow fans are always looking for signs of failure due to their own ridiculous expectations.

very well put... very well put!! What bothers me most is that some posters just want you to admit to anything, just to say that walsh is wrong... It is disturbing.. so disturbing that they want you to admit that it was a mistake to trade balkman, who wasn't going to play. It was a mistake to sign roberson, who wasn't going to play and was a 12th man on the bench. And Now it is a mistake Drafting GAllo.. I mean really, are we not reaching with the balkman and Roberson complaints. Yet, they will never say, well at least we are headed in a better direction, at least we have a front office that is professional and has a plan. At least we are sticking to that plan, and we as fan can see where this team is going, unlike how things were in prior years.. I mean the very people that whine and say, "walsh can do no wrong" are the very one's that nitpick every single move... At some point, it just seems agenda driven...
dk7th
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#178 » by dk7th » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:46 pm

the only thing that matters is finding players who fit together properly. the more skills a player has the better he will fit in with others. the more unselfishness a player possesses-- not based on timidity but coaching-- the better will that player be able to mesh with others. an added benefit is consistency on a nightly basis.

the coach has spent all season asking his players to share the ball, make the ball move, find the best shot as opposed to taking the first available shot. it just so happens that the only knick this season who possessed those traits was danilo gallinari. it seems to me that he was worth the risk given is potential upside.

but at the same time it kind of makes you wonder what walsh can do to find the right type of role players at not too much cost who at least approach the ideal team player. several free agents come to mind, but i feel strongly that finding players like maxiel, milsap, kleiza, azubuike, powe, etc. is imperative. while it's true that none of these players are point guards or centers, they would be an upgrade over the jeffrieses, richardsons, robinsons, harringtons, and currys that are weighing down the franchise.

i exempt lee, chandler, duhon, wilcox, and hughes because for all their inadequacies they strike me as the type of ballplayer that would thrive with the right sort of teammates whereas the others on my list i deem incompatible no matter who they are surrounded by or play with.

in fact i'd like to see these guys start a few games together. it's odd they have not been on the court together yet-- but then i don't think much of d'antoni as a coach.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,028

Post#179 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:51 pm

TKF wrote:
What bothers me most is that some posters just want you to admit to anything, just to say that walsh is wrong... It is disturbing.. so disturbing that they want you to admit that it was a mistake to trade balkman, who wasn't going to play. It was a mistake to sign roberson, who wasn't going to play and was a 12th man on the bench. And Now it is a mistake Drafting GAllo.. I mean really, are we not reaching with the balkman and Roberson complaints.

no. what's disturbing is that you can't admit something that's obvious no matter how minor a deal you think it to be. that's always your answer when you're forced into admitting a mistake was made. balkman's trade doesn't matter you say. roberson's signing doesn't matter. if gallo doesn't recover you won't be able to use that excuse. refer to my earlier post tkf because like i already stated the truth is that isiah wasn't 100% bad and walsh isn't 100% good. to believe anything but that is naive. what some of you would like on this forum is for every time something happens for there to be nothing but optimism that everything will work out fine. that's not realistic in anyway because life doesn't work like that.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#180 » by mjhp911 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:57 pm

dk7th wrote:the only thing that matters is finding players who fit together properly. the more skills a player has the better he will fit in with others. the more unselfishness a player possesses-- not based on timidity but coaching-- the better will that player be able to mesh with others. an added benefit is consistency on a nightly basis.

the coach has spent all season asking his players to share the ball, make the ball move, find the best shot as opposed to taking the first available shot. it just so happens that the only knick this season who possessed those traits was danilo gallinari. it seems to me that he was worth the risk given is potential upside.

but at the same time it kind of makes you wonder what walsh can do to find the right type of role players at not too much cost who at least approach the ideal team player. several free agents come to mind, but i feel strongly that finding players like maxiel, milsap, kleiza, azubuike, powe, etc. is imperative. while it's true that none of these players are point guards or centers, they would be an upgrade over the jeffrieses, richardsons, robinsons, harringtons, and currys that are weighing down the franchise.

i exempt lee, chandler, duhon, wilcox, and hughes because for all their inadequacies they strike me as the type of ballplayer that would thrive with the right sort of teammates whereas the others on my list i deem incompatible no matter who they are surrounded by or play with.

in fact i'd like to see these guys start a few games together. it's odd they have not been on the court together yet-- but then i don't think much of d'antoni as a coach.

Good post.

... because like i already stated the truth is that isiah wasn't 100% bad and walsh isn't 100% good. to believe anything but that is naive.

:nod: :thumbsup:

I've criticized the bad moves Zeke made at the time, and I've also commended Walsh on his good moves. You have to call a spade, a spade.

Return to New York Knicks