ImageImageImageImageImage

Kiki & Thorn Knew Of Gallo's Back Issue(s)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Re: Kiki & Thorn Knew Of Gallo's Back Issue(s) 

Post#201 » by seren » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:20 pm

cgf wrote:If bum ass Jeffries sat on the bench we wouldn't ever be able to trade him away, it's the same reason McCurry was going to get some burn before he showed out fat as ever and "hurt" himself.

This, by itself, should be enough to show the extent of Isiah's damage to our beloved Knicks. We will spend the next two years to clean up his sh* and some people still don't realize the damage.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,913

Post#202 » by cgf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:22 pm

god shammgod wrote:
cgf wrote:You do realize we're not the nuggets right? And if Jeffries was still on his rookie deal do you think he'd be getting any burn? So WTF does Balkman being marginally better at shooting than a player we can't wait to trade away have to do with anything?

you're the one who claimed we needed a player who could shoot an open jumper. reread your own post.

I also said that Mike D was stuck with Jeffries due to his turrible contract, which is the only reason he's still on this team.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#203 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:22 pm

optimusADL wrote:
j4remi wrote:The fact that he was injured and played well speaks volumes to how good he CAN be. That's the point. Those players got no PT or played like trash in their first seasons and turned it around. If Gallo comes back healthy the sky's the limit.

The fact that you don't believe anything reported pre-draft just because Riley liked Mayo is laughable...Mchale WASN'T in love with Kevin Love right? That was a lie because it was pre-draft. Oklahoma didn't want Westbrook? Pritchard wasn't dead set on Batum despite his heart? Gallo didn't get a guarantee? Give me a break. There's plenty of truth reported pre-draft too. Sadly, you'd rather discount all of that because it HELPS YOUR ARGUMENT...but there's no evidence that D'antoni wanted Gallo except that he played with Gallo's dad...that's not evidence. That's assumptive and foolish.

optimusADL wrote:He spotted at the 3 point line and shot 3's and showed he had a pulse relax man. Those players you mentioned were on decent teams. We are GARBAGE and he STILL couldnt log major minutes.

Are you kidding me? Do you watch Knicks games or read stat lines? I wonder why Gallo spotting up at the 3 had the best +/- on the team. I wonder why dude managed to inject life into the whole team when he was on the court. You're making me wonder about your knowledge of the game with this type of reach. Anyone who watched the games knows that Gallo didn't drop a 17 with a bad back from just hanging on the three point. There's an avatar of David Lee impersonating the dribble pump fake Gallo did, the shamgod has been used twice by the kid, and I've broken down two instances where he made brilliant passes in this thread. He couldn't log minutes!? He's got a bad back! D'antoni limited him to no more than 20 minutes a night and kept him off the floor...you think that didn't have anything to do with it? It's getting hard not call shenanigans on this nonsense.

optimusADL wrote:McHale liked Love but who did they draft? Ok then. You can like a player all you want but I care about who you draft. Oklahoma was rumored to like Bayless as well. So Im confused. Batum was drafted at the END of the first round so give me break. We are talking about the lottery. Oh and NJ gave Gallo the guarantee for sure based on what Kiki said.

Okl was rumored to like Bayless and then the rumors came out that they wanted Westbrook, every mock draft had Westbrook going to OKL. Mchale liked Love but who did he draft!? :lol: Who's on Minnesota right now? Batum went 25th over name players like Darrell Arthur, Joey Dorsey, Mario Chalmers, Deandre Jordan, CDR...and it's extremely rare journalists can predict where a later pick goes...somehow they got lucky on this one though. From what Kiki said NJ gave Gallo the guarantee? Kiki gave the guarantee despite the fact they never bothered looking into his medical history because they knew he was going higher? :roll: Stop. Just stop.

optimusADL wrote:You are right I have no evidence of D'Antoni saying he wanted Gallo. I do have evidence of Walsh acquiring players that D'Antoni WANTED that D"ANTONI thought would fit his system. See DUHON, ROBERSON, and HUGHS. :roll: No wait Walsh wanted those player for his fantasy league team. :lol:

Yes, so every single player that Walsh acquires is at the whim of D'antoni...why is Walsh even doing anything with the team then? Wilcox, Harrington, Mobley, and Tim Thomas were all part of D'antoni's master plan too right? D'antoni demanded Samb and Nichols be signed! You have zero evidence and you throw out the nepotism call. It's sad how far you've been reaching this whole thread. Not a good look at all.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#204 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:22 pm

seren wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
cgf wrote:bull, no one's saying it wasn't a mistake, all people are saying is it isn't a significant mistake because Balkman wouldn't have gotten burn with a coach wants players who play smart and can sink an open jumper, especially considering Mike D wasn't stuck with Balkman due to his contract like he is with Jeffries and Q Richardson.

there's at least one person.

and by the way, balkman hits jumpers at a better percentage then jeffries. look it up. but he's smart enough to takes less.

http://www.82games.com/0809/08DEN10.HTM

http://www.82games.com/0708/07NYK9A.HTM

here's a great article on how balkman is doing as a starter lately on the nuggets. in his last 5 games as a starter balkman has averaged 12.4 points and 11.4 rebounds.
http://www.iwantmyrocky.com/2009/03/17/nuggets-balkman-earns-praise-as-the-new-rodman/

I agree. I wish Isiah wasn't completely (Please Use More Appropriate Word) to sign f**ing Effries for a five year contract with 15% trade kicker so that we could keep Balkman over f**ing Effries.

correct. or we could of not signed bum ass roberson and we could have kept balkman. with a roster that was going to get ripped apart who cared if we had duplication.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#205 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:27 pm

cgf wrote:If bum ass Jeffries sat on the bench we wouldn't ever be able to trade him away, it's the same reason McCurry was going to get some burn before he showed out fat as ever and "hurt" himself.

have you watched jeffries play this year ? do you believe the minutes he's received have increased his value at all ? you know better man. wasn't there a point in the season where we didn't even have enough healthy bodies to play and roberson was still stuck to the bench. would balkman not have played then ?
cgf
RealGM

Post#206 » by cgf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:29 pm

god shammgod wrote:

have you watched jeffries play this year ? do you believe the minutes he's received have increased his value at all ? you know better man. wasn't there a point in the season where we didn't even have enough healthy bodies to play and roberson was still stuck to the bench. would balkman not have played then ?

We lacked guards, balkman isn't a guard, and what little value jeffries has now would've completely tanked by being parked on the bench. You know this, it's the same reason curry's fat ass will get minutes if he's ever in shape again.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#207 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:31 pm

cgf wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

We lacked guards, balkman isn't a guard, and what little value jeffries has now would've completely tanked by being parked on the bench. You know this, it's the same reason curry's fat ass will get minutes if he's ever in shape again.

it's different because curry can at least score, jeffries can't do anything.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#208 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:36 pm

trying to showcase jeffries is no different then trying to showcase q or malik rose. nobody's falling for it.
cgf
RealGM

Post#209 » by cgf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:38 pm

god shammgod wrote:trying to showcase jeffries is no different then trying to showcase q or malik rose. nobody's falling for it.

We'll see, Jeffries doesn't have to go on his own, he just has to have enough value to not completely tank a package with someone like nate or some second rounders for a truly useless expiring.

seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#210 » by seren » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:43 pm

god shammgod wrote:
correct. or we could of not signed bum ass roberson and we could have kept balkman. with a roster that was going to get ripped apart who cared if we had duplication.

Look we have discussed this before. Roberson's signing and Balkman trade have little correlation. I don't know what the big deal with giving a good player such as Balkman a chance to go to a team that he can get minutes and earn a contract.

Balkman would not get any minutes, ANY minutes under D'Antoni no matter what. Effries is getting minutes because he needs to be traded. And that is it. Once he is gone, we won't replace him with another Balkman/Effries type of player. It won't happen.

Walsh is a well-respected GM just for scenarios like this. He respects enough to young players that do their jobs such as Balkman that he makes them favors. Balkman is better off going to Denver and playing some real minutes instead of riding the bench here. I still don't understand why you are not happy for one of your favorite players.
cgf
RealGM

Post#211 » by cgf » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:46 pm

^^^ good point in that last paragraph. It might have made us a smidge worse off but that type of respect for hard work really does reap it's own rewards with future players.

Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#212 » by Pedro Pistolas » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:46 pm

Can't believe people still talking about that bum Balkman. And it's always the same people too..
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#213 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:13 pm

I didn't mind the Balkman deal or love it. I do think about the patch of time where we had Duhon and Roberson as our only healthy guards and Roberson HAD to play. He was TERRIBLE, but at least he was another ball handler...sadly, having Balkman who I like, would have been a detriment in comparison (though he's the better player). I honestly think a 2nd rounder becomes a bigger asset than Balkman on draft night when a team wants to move a pick due to expenses...Balkman makes money, a pick can be swapped straight up along with some cash. So I don't think the Balkman deal was a failure. It wasn't a win by any means...but I have no problem with it.

Signing Roberson is the obvious mistake. We could have signed any true PG with some kind of shooting and gotten more use, but I won't dwell on it like many did. That was the point of my Weis thread. People blow these small things out of proportion. Gallo is a big deal, worthy of a post, but this is still premature. I'll say it was a mistake if Gallo doesn't come back the player he was in Europe...but for now that's an if and not a when.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#214 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:17 pm

seren wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Look we have discussed this before. Roberson's signing and Balkman trade have little correlation. I don't know what the big deal with giving a good player such as Balkman a chance to go to a team that he can get minutes and earn a contract.

Balkman would not get any minutes, ANY minutes under D'Antoni no matter what. Effries is getting minutes because he needs to be traded. And that is it. Once he is gone, we won't replace him with another Balkman/Effries type of player. It won't happen.

Walsh is a well-respected GM just for scenarios like this. He respects enough to young players that do their jobs such as Balkman that he makes them favors. Balkman is better off going to Denver and playing some real minutes instead of riding the bench here. I still don't understand why you are not happy for one of your favorite players.

balkman was traded to make room for roberson. of course there's a correlation. and personally i don't care about balkman. i only care about him as it pertains to the new york knicks. him playing well in denver doesn't really do me any good.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#215 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:18 pm

j4remi wrote:I didn't mind the Balkman deal or love it. I do think about the patch of time where we had Duhon and Roberson as our only healthy guards and Roberson HAD to play. He was TERRIBLE, but at least he was another ball handler...sadly, having Balkman who I like, would have been a detriment in comparison (though he's the better player). I honestly think a 2nd rounder becomes a bigger asset than Balkman on draft night when a team wants to move a pick due to expenses...Balkman makes money, a pick can be swapped straight up along with some cash. So I don't think the Balkman deal was a failure. It wasn't a win by any means...but I have no problem with it.

Signing Roberson is the obvious mistake. We could have signed any true PG with some kind of shooting and gotten more use, but I won't dwell on it like many did. That was the point of my Weis thread. People blow these small things out of proportion. Gallo is a big deal, worthy of a post, but this is still premature. I'll say it was a mistake if Gallo doesn't come back the player he was in Europe...but for now that's an if and not a when.

you can buy a second rounder every year for cash. you don't need to trade a player to obtain one.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#216 » by GuyverADL » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:21 pm

j4remi wrote:
optimusADL wrote:
j4remi wrote:The fact that he was injured and played well speaks volumes to how good he CAN be. That's the point. Those players got no PT or played like trash in their first seasons and turned it around. If Gallo comes back healthy the sky's the limit.

The fact that you don't believe anything reported pre-draft just because Riley liked Mayo is laughable...Mchale WASN'T in love with Kevin Love right? That was a lie because it was pre-draft. Oklahoma didn't want Westbrook? Pritchard wasn't dead set on Batum despite his heart? Gallo didn't get a guarantee? Give me a break. There's plenty of truth reported pre-draft too. Sadly, you'd rather discount all of that because it HELPS YOUR ARGUMENT...but there's no evidence that D'antoni wanted Gallo except that he played with Gallo's dad...that's not evidence. That's assumptive and foolish.

optimusADL wrote:He spotted at the 3 point line and shot 3's and showed he had a pulse relax man. Those players you mentioned were on decent teams. We are GARBAGE and he STILL couldnt log major minutes.

Are you kidding me? Do you watch Knicks games or read stat lines? I wonder why Gallo spotting up at the 3 had the best +/- on the team. I wonder why dude managed to inject life into the whole team when he was on the court. You're making me wonder about your knowledge of the game with this type of reach. Anyone who watched the games knows that Gallo didn't drop a 17 with a bad back from just hanging on the three point. There's an avatar of David Lee impersonating the dribble pump fake Gallo did, the shamgod has been used twice by the kid, and I've broken down two instances where he made brilliant passes in this thread. He couldn't log minutes!? He's got a bad back! D'antoni limited him to no more than 20 minutes a night and kept him off the floor...you think that didn't have anything to do with it? It's getting hard not call shenanigans on this nonsense.

optimusADL wrote:McHale liked Love but who did they draft? Ok then. You can like a player all you want but I care about who you draft. Oklahoma was rumored to like Bayless as well. So Im confused. Batum was drafted at the END of the first round so give me break. We are talking about the lottery. Oh and NJ gave Gallo the guarantee for sure based on what Kiki said.

Okl was rumored to like Bayless and then the rumors came out that they wanted Westbrook, every mock draft had Westbrook going to OKL. Mchale liked Love but who did he draft!? :lol: Who's on Minnesota right now? Batum went 25th over name players like Darrell Arthur, Joey Dorsey, Mario Chalmers, Deandre Jordan, CDR...and it's extremely rare journalists can predict where a later pick goes...somehow they got lucky on this one though. From what Kiki said NJ gave Gallo the guarantee? Kiki gave the guarantee despite the fact they never bothered looking into his medical history because they knew he was going higher? :roll: Stop. Just stop.

optimusADL wrote:You are right I have no evidence of D'Antoni saying he wanted Gallo. I do have evidence of Walsh acquiring players that D'Antoni WANTED that D"ANTONI thought would fit his system. See DUHON, ROBERSON, and HUGHS. :roll: No wait Walsh wanted those player for his fantasy league team. :lol:

Yes, so every single player that Walsh acquires is at the whim of D'antoni...why is Walsh even doing anything with the team then? Wilcox, Harrington, Mobley, and Tim Thomas were all part of D'antoni's master plan too right? D'antoni demanded Samb and Nichols be signed! You have zero evidence and you throw out the nepotism call. It's sad how far you've been reaching this whole thread. Not a good look at all.

Seriously you are overrating Gallo. I have seen ALL of the rookie play this year. Gallo is not head and shoulders above Gordon, Randolph, McGee, or Jason Thompson. Im just being honest.

His dribble move was against Zaza so once again relax.

Walsh said from his own mouth he acquires the players that D'Antoni thinks can fit his system assuming there salaries within his parameters. This is from Walsh's own mouth. So you calling Walsh a liar?
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#217 » by god shammgod » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:23 pm

optimusADL wrote:
Seriously you are overrating Gallo. I have seen ALL of the rookie play this year. Gallo is not head and shoulders above Gordon, Randolph, McGee, or Jason Thompson. Im just being honest.

if he can't stay healthy he won't be better then anyone. which was the point of this thread originally.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#218 » by GuyverADL » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:29 pm

god shammgod wrote:
optimusADL wrote:

if he can't stay healthy he won't be better then anyone. which was the point of this thread originally.

Obviously. I dont care if Gallo is the Italian Lebron James, if he is sitting in a suit on the bench he is a BUST.

IF you cant stay healthy what good are you? Then he is going to have a built in excuse if he stinks next year. I can see it now.."he's coming off back surgery give him a break"........."oh he's rehabbing trying to come back healthy"............"he didn't get to workout over this summer so this is his real rookie year." :roll:
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#219 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:36 pm

optimusADL wrote:

Walsh said from his own mouth he acquires the players that D'Antoni thinks can fit his system assuming there salaries within his parameters. This is from Walsh's own mouth. So you calling Walsh a liar?

No he hasn't been head and shoulders above them, I never said he was. I said he was balling at 70%. You said he was spotting up from three...Now you're flipping that? His dribble move was a pump fake dribble to a step back jumper. I don't care who it's against, it's a good move. He did an Allan Houston style pull-up jumper earlier in the season too. He's done the Shamgod to players. You pick out one move and say relax :lol: . The nice pass on the drive to Al that Al fumbled? The rebound dribble out, draw a second defender and dime to Chandler? Relax because none of those happened? The point was he's not just spotting up from three. I didn't say Gallo is the better than those guys, so don't flip my words to make yourself seem right.

As for Walsh saying he acquires players that D'antoni thinks fit his system, that's a far cry from D'antoni handpicking players like you make it sound with Gallo. Sounds more like he asks Mike if Al would work in the system and if Mike says "no" he doesn't make the deal. Again, you're flipping words to suit your agenda.
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#220 » by j4remi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm

god shammgod wrote:
optimusADL wrote:

Hands down, I've conceded that this whole time. Dude tried to say Gallo just waited at the three point line for jumpers and I gave him examples where Gallo did more than spot up at the three and now I'm overrating Gallo...no...I just don't think dude was paying attention.

I REPEAT: If Gallo doesn't come back healthy, Walsh made a mistake...but Gallo in limited time with a bad back still showed all of the skills advertised. No one called him better then those players yet...but I expect him to be when healthy though Mcgee and Randolph might have more upside (I just don't see them reaching their potential).
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Return to New York Knicks