ImageImageImageImageImage

Greg Monroe

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Greg Monroe 

Post#1 » by GuyverADL » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:53 am

Word is he is going to stay but I dont buy it.

If he comes out he is almost guaranteed to be the 2nd pick. He isn't going to improve his stock next year. He is the second best big right after Griffin. Harden is getting exposed on the daily basis and his only competition is Thabeet(Stiff), Mullen(great leaper but not explosive), and Cole Aldrich.

Do you guys think he stays or goes?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,084

Re: Greg Monroe 

Post#2 » by blueNorange » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:54 am

i say he stays, you don't go to georgetown to be one and done ... it's like spitting on the great big men that played there.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
NetsForce
Banned User
And1: 29

Post#3 » by NetsForce » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:55 am

I think he's pretty overrated. Monroe has a serious aversion to contact and his ball-handling skills are nothing to write home about. Most of his mobility advantage will be lost in the NBA.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,903

Post#4 » by cgf » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:02 am

I disagree with that post immensely. I like Monroe's upside a lot but he's got a far way to go and I'm pretty sure that his choice of going to Georgetown shows that he recognizes that and wants to make those improvements, he is and he's got great upside but he's not a top 2 prospect right now as I doubt he surpasses Griffin, RUbio or Harden with guys like Hill and Thabeet looking better to some teams.
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#5 » by GuyverADL » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:04 am

I can see Memphis giving him a guarantee if he declares.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#6 » by GuyverADL » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:06 am

cgf wrote:I disagree with that post immensely. I like Monroe's upside a lot but he's got a far way to go and I'm pretty sure that his choice of going to Georgetown shows that he recognizes that and wants to make those improvements, he is and he's got great upside but he's not a top 2 prospect right now as I doubt he surpasses Griffin, RUbio or Harden with guys like Hill and Thabeet looking better to some teams.

He is a Freshman and the other 2 bigs are Juniors.

Rubio and Harden are good but I dont see a team taking Harden before Monroe unless they have an allstar PF.

Realistically MAYBE Rubio goes 2nd but then Monroe goes 3rd or at LATEST 4th.
cgf
RealGM

Post#7 » by cgf » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:13 am

I like Monroe a lot to, btu there are reasons that NBA GMs might perfer those other guys I mentioned. As for ricky and harden I think Rubio's clearly a better prospect as he's going ot be a star PG and is much more nba ready. Harden's going to be a R.O.Y. contender and has a really well rounded skillset, so I wouldn't be surprised for a team to take him over monroe unless they've got stud pure SG already. Hell I think him and Mayo would be a dominant duo in memphis with Gasol doing the dirty work and Gay being their athletic wing counterpart.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#8 » by BelieveTheDream » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:16 am

Where did you hear that he was staying???
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,727

Post#9 » by ezmoney707 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:20 am

BelieveTheDream wrote:Where did you hear that he was staying???

He's going off that most Georgetown big men don't leave after one year which is usually the case.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#10 » by Dantares » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:20 am

I agree he will go atleast top 5 after individual workouts. I hope he does so Jordan Hill will drop down. I cant see any of the 2-guards in this draft helping us at all, Harden is out of our range. Harden will bounce back, he's a very skilled player opti, i saw him play against OJ Mayo and granted Oj went off that game but Harden also started the game like 8 for 8 shooting himself, he will be able to hold his own in the NBA

Gerald Henderson = Dahntay Jones part 2

Tyreke Evans = Jamal Crawford part 2

Derozan = really really poor mans Jason Richardson

I want someone like Jeff Teague or Hill to drop. Teague will be a 20-point scorer in this league, we can move Nate for a SG or a shotblocking center.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#11 » by Paeds » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:22 am

Is Gtown playing in the NIT?
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#12 » by Knicksfan1 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:23 am

Dantares wrote:I agree he will go atleast top 5 after individual workouts. I hope he does so Jordan Hill will drop down. I cant see any of the 2-guards in this draft helping us at all, Harden is out of our range. Harden will bounce back, he's a very skilled player opti, i saw him play against OJ Mayo and granted Oj went off that game but Harden also started the game like 8 for 8 shooting himself, he will be able to hold his own in the NBA

I want someone like Jeff Teague or Hill to drop. Teague will be a 20-point scorer in this league, we can move Nate for a SG or a shotblocking center.

I disagree with both, Tyreke Evans has a good Shot selection and plays pretty good D. Derozan , when he learns how to jumpshot will easily be at J-Rich lvl, I think he will end up being a bit better then J-Rich but not as good as Carter Carter>>Derozan>>J-Rich
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
ezmoney707
General Manager

Post#13 » by ezmoney707 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:24 am

Paeds wrote:Is Gtown playing in the NIT?

:nod:
cgf
RealGM

Post#14 » by cgf » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:25 am

Dantares wrote:I agree he will go atleast top 5 after individual workouts. I hope he does so Jordan Hill will drop down. I cant see any of the 2-guards in this draft helping us at all, Harden is out of our range. Harden will bounce back, he's a very skilled player opti, i saw him play against OJ Mayo and granted Oj went off that game but Harden also started the game like 8 for 8 shooting himself, he will be able to hold his own in the NBA

Try to watch some OSU or Louisville games and check out Evan Turner and Terrance Williams.

Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#15 » by Paeds » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:31 am

ezmoney707 wrote:
Paeds wrote:Is Gtown playing in the NIT?

:nod:

I gotta see this guy play
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#16 » by Dantares » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:32 am

Who cares if Derozan becomes as good as Jason Richardson? J-rich sucks, like Crawford he puts up numbers but he is is a career loser. I disagree about Tyreke i have seen alot of bad shots or chucking in the few games i saw.

I like Evan Turner, but he has no upper body strength and lacks elite athleticism. Don't know much about Terrence Williams
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#17 » by Knicksfan1 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:35 am

Dantares wrote:Who cares if Derozan becomes as good as Jason Richardson? J-rich sucks, like Crawford he puts up numbers but he is is a career loser. I disagree about Tyreke i have seen alot of bad shots or chucking in the few games i saw.

I like Evan Turner, but he has no upper body strength and lacks elite athleticism. Don't know much about Terrence Williams

Yep before he became the pg, try to catch their game Saturday, he improved a lot this year
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#18 » by GuyverADL » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:37 am

My only issue with Evans is he needs the ball in his hands. Can he become a decent PG in the NBA maybe but I wouldnt risk it. Dude could EASILY become the next Crawford or Hughs. Now if he could find the balance in between the two that would be great but Im doubtful.

Im locking more and more onto Willie Warren.

We really just need to get one of those top 3 picks and NOT take Harden.

Griffin, Monroe, Jennings/Rubio(I need to see the combine results)
ezmoney707
General Manager

Post#19 » by ezmoney707 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:38 am

Dantares wrote:Who cares if Derozan becomes as good as Jason Richardson? J-rich sucks, like Crawford he puts up numbers but he is is a career loser. I disagree about Tyreke i have seen alot of bad shots or chucking in the few games i saw.

What Evan Turner have you been watching. That kid is pretty athletic.
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#20 » by DocZaius » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:38 am

Williams = poor man's Iguodala

their college stats are eerily similar (cept shooting which is why he is the lesser version)

Return to New York Knicks