ImageImageImageImageImage

Please Resign Wilcox

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: Please Resign Wilcox 

Post#41 » by GuyverADL » Thu Apr 9, 2009 10:31 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:optimus, your posts never cease to shame you

the MLE that nate is penciled in for by you is currently under 6mil and expected to go down, not 7 mil as you suggest.

you responses to the guards on that list are typical for a fan that only sees the NBA through the eyes of NBA2K.

every single person on that list besides Jamal and Graham are playoff team rotation guys. some are top players on those teams. We'd be unbelievably lucky to land Bibby, AI, Kidd, Nash, etc. House a bum? How many rings do you have to get as the 6th or 7th man on a team before you are not a bum?

You need to read better. Did I say the mid-level was 7 million? No I said we have to overpay at around 7 million.

Rondo has a ring lets get him too right. :roll:

Overpay - To pay an amount in excess of ....

If you are insinuating those guys a major reasons why their team is in the playoffs then I dont know what to say.
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#42 » by DocZaius » Thu Apr 9, 2009 10:33 pm

I agree Wilcox should "resign".

The guy is bad.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#43 » by TrueWarrior » Thu Apr 9, 2009 10:42 pm

StutterStep wrote:TW, and NLR: are you both for 2010? Fully committed, etc...?

Do either of you see Lee taking a one-year deal with an Option, where he loses his Bird Rights? I think Wilcox would.

TW, and NLR: were you both for the Duhon signing, as long as it did not impact 2011? Were you both defending him when posters like myself said he was a career backup at best? That's the same type of deal I structured for Wilcox -- the Du-Duhon special!

Then why so strong against Wilcox who has shown he can put up comparable points to Lee in a slower system as the 3rd option?

I mean if Wilcox takes that deal I would be very surprised. No long term security at all. Duhon signed because we were the only team that was willing to let him be a starter, and it was a good move for us because it didnt hurt 2010 and there was no better option for us at PG at the time. I cant be mad at the Duhon signing, even though I hope hes not our starting point xome next season.

And I just dont buy the junk that Lee and Wilcox are comparable. Wilcox just doesnt care anymore man. Thats been his knock. You really want more passionless bums on this team? Let alone playing center for us? Plus Curry HOPEFULLY gets in shape and can actually play C for us next year to up his value, making the need for Wilcox even less imo.

You've said before that you dont like how the guys on this team are pretty much playing for themselves because they know they're most likely gone come 2010, so how is renting Wilcox for a year any good? You really think hes going to blow up that much where he would be worth 9 mill in 2011? Theres no way he accepts a deal with a team option in it anyway. Theres no way we would accept it unless the guy puts up insane stats, but even then you can say he was just playing for a contract and/or his stats were inflated like Lees are..
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#44 » by NoLayupRule » Thu Apr 9, 2009 10:57 pm

Do either of you see Lee taking a one-year deal with an Option, where he loses his Bird Rights? I think Wilcox would.

TW, and NLR: were you both for the Duhon signing, as long as it did not impact 2011? Were you both defending him when posters like myself said he was a career backup at best? That's the same type of deal I structured for Wilcox -- the Du-Duhon special!

Then why so strong against Wilcox who has shown he can put up comparable points to Lee in a slower system as the 3rd option?

I understand your salary structure though Ill bet a 1 yr deal with the obvious situation that we are dumping him in 2010 doesnt attract him much

Im on for 2010 but not at the expense of losing the talent we do have. We have a #2 rebounder in the league, and thats not an inflated stat either.

Nate is the 2nd or 3rd best 6th man in the league and hes improving every year.

these are players that are reaching their potential at last - not maxing out but finally reaching it - and who will only continue to improve through the length of their contracts.

these are players who actually deserve their coming salaries, unlike all the contracts we've given away in recent years. I dont begrudge them these contracts and I dont think they would be less valuable as trade bait with their new contracts than without.
Rich2Hassan
RealGM
And1: 5,800

Post#45 » by Rich2Hassan » Thu Apr 9, 2009 11:11 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:

I understand your salary structure though Ill bet a 1 yr deal with the obvious situation that we are dumping him in 2010 doesnt attract him much

Im on for 2010 but not at the expense of losing the talent we do have. We have a #2 rebounder in the league, and thats not an inflated stat either.

these are players that are reaching their potential at last - not maxing out but finally reaching it - and who will only continue to improve through the length of their contracts.

these are players who actually deserve their coming salaries, unlike all the contracts we've given away in recent years. I dont begrudge them these contracts and I dont think they would be less valuable as trade bait with their new contracts than without.

This is HANDS DOWN the best post of the year. You get it man, you really do. Finally someone on this forum that "GETS IT"!!! Smartest KNICK mod on this forum :D
Heat President of TANK operations.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#46 » by GuyverADL » Thu Apr 9, 2009 11:27 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:I understand your salary structure though Ill bet a 1 yr deal with the obvious situation that we are dumping him in 2010 doesnt attract him much

Of course its easy to rebound when your back is to your defender in anticipation of getting the rebound.

Nate is MAYBE is top 5

Jason Terry
JR Smith
Lou Williams
Barbosa
Outlaw
Villanueva

You play them the minutes Robinson has been getting in this free flowing system and their stats would be :lol: .
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#47 » by Paeds » Thu Apr 9, 2009 11:41 pm

optimusADL wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:I understand your salary structure though Ill bet a 1 yr deal with the obvious situation that we are dumping him in 2010 doesnt attract him much

Of course its easy to rebound when your back is to your defender in anticipation of getting the rebound.

Nate is MAYBE is top 5

Jason Terry
JR Smith
Lou Williams
Barbosa
Outlaw
Villanueva

You play them the minutes Robinson has been getting in this free flowing system and their stats would be :lol: .

Only Terry is better on that list. In fact he is more conistent, I dont know if he has all Nates tools
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,062

Post#48 » by stuporman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:24 am

CAnderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wilcox

Wilcox $7mil per? :lol:

optinutsADL :lol:

Anderson has more chance to be a 25-30 mins a game center who impacts the game than Wilcox.

CA and Lee would be a better front line by far. It could even make the Knicks playoff worthy in the weak east.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
SportsFan7
Senior
And1: 0

Post#49 » by SportsFan7 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:29 am

wilcox a beast, i hope we resign him to something like 3 yr 12 mil.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#50 » by livintoolive » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:35 am

stuporman wrote:CAnderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wilcox

Anderson has more chance to be a 25-30 mins a game center who impacts the game than Wilcox.

CA and Lee would be a better front line by far. It could even make the Knicks playoff worthy in the weak east.

Solid ass point. Optimus, who do you consider to be the better player (just player, disregarding salary), Wilcox or Birdman?
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#51 » by GuyverADL » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:39 am

livintoolive wrote:
stuporman wrote:CAnderson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wilcox

Solid ass point. Optimus, who do you consider to be the better player (just player, disregarding salary), Wilcox or Birdman?

I consider them to be the same class of player. Wilcox is just bigger and stronger and could play center unlike Birdman.

Birdman is playing on a better team. Birdman is a PF period. The guy is too thin to bang down low.

Stuporman is pretty comical with his posts. A Birdman + Lee front court would get ABUSED on the daily basis.
pistons_own
Veteran

Post#52 » by pistons_own » Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:15 am

actually if we did have a good dishing PG he could be the next carlos boozer

lol but boozers overrated
stuporman
RealGM

Post#53 » by stuporman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:01 am

My posts are comical? Yet you are the one aching to give $7mil per to a guy who isn't that great of a defender, even for being so strong. Doesn't really block shots, even though that's the biggest gripe against Lee and a big need for the Knicks. Heck, Eddy lame ass Curry blocks twice the average than Wilcox in a few more mins for their careers! :lol: Doesn't rebound consistently enough for a big, in fact hasn't averaged more than 8rpg in his career, only did that once and barely out rebounds Eddy fatass Curry per 40. Is a liability at the end of games cause he doesn't hit his FTs, like Curry. Has no real developed offensive game beyond putbacks and dishoffs, like Curry. The only thing he has on Curry is his body and actually plays.

You call my posts comical? :lol: You want to blow likely in excess of $70 mil on BG and Wilcox plus have to lose decent value in trade to get BG and I'm comical? :rofl:

Lee at center with no other real help inside doesn't get abused daily even if it's poor defensively but move Lee to his natural position and add a defensive, shot blocking guy like CA and it would improve tremendously. If Wilcox was the answer why do the still Knicks suck with him in there now?
Image?
wwtsm
Banned User

Post#54 » by wwtsm » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:38 am

He's really not gonna be makin anything much more than the minimum at this point so I'd take him for another year. He's not much more of a factor at this point than Sims though.
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#55 » by nyknicks09 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:36 pm

WTF is wrong with you Optimus. So you want to resign this dude instead of signing D.Lee. I hope you aware that Mike D'Antoni is our coach right now. The only reason Lee could be traded during the draft would be cause he can't shoot from the 3 point arc. The only player who doesn't shoot threes on our starting line up is D.Lee. The rest of them is like make it rain from downtown. If the Knicks don't get the 1st pick in the draft, I can see them picking a player who can shoot the rock from downtown ala Gallinari.
New York Knicks
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#56 » by GuyverADL » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Where are these great defensive centers that will play for the minimum?

They dont exist. Wilcox is a decent player. He will NOT make less than the mid-level. Lets not be stupid here.

Jefferies makes the mid-level.

Knicks fans cant wait to give Utah a top 5 pick next year.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#57 » by stuporman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:16 pm

CA@MLE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wilcox@MLE

Eddy Freeking Curry blocks more shots than Wilcox! Nuff said...........

Wilcox wouldn't change the knicks defense nor their record next season if he played starter mins....CA has a much better chance to.
Image?
GuyverADL
Banned User

Post#58 » by GuyverADL » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:28 pm

Chris Anderson CANNOT play center.

Chris Anderson is NOT worth the MLE.

Once again Knicks overrating a sing stat. Chris Anderson gets blocks like Josh Smith and thats on help defense.

Chris Anderson is going to look like **** on this team I GUARANTEE you. Role players look good on teams that actually have talent on them.

Hell Trevor Ariza looks good on the Laker's.
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#59 » by richardhutnik » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:31 pm

nyknicks2k2 wrote:If Wilcox should be our starting C then this franchise is even more **** up then I thought.

The club is pretty bad now. It has been so bad for so long, that people following the club now confuse dunking with talent and overrate it by a wide margin.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
stuporman
RealGM

Post#60 » by stuporman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:33 pm

optimusADL wrote:Chris Anderson CANNOT play center.

Chris Anderson is NOT worth the MLE.

Once again Knicks overrating a sing stat. Chris Anderson gets blocks like Josh Smith and thats on help defense.

Chris Anderson is going to look like **** on this team I GUARANTEE you. Role players look good on teams that actually have talent on them.

Hell Trevor Ariza looks good on the Laker's.

So a guy who defends the shot of a penetrating perimeter player is considered what? Help defender....is this not the biggest issue we have with Lee and the Knicks D in general?

CA is worth more than Wilcox....can play C better than Wilcox....
Image?

Return to New York Knicks