ImageImageImageImageImage

I'm pissed off

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,593

Re: I'm pissed off 

Post#21 » by Red Vines » Thu Nov 5, 2009 3:48 am

DocZaius wrote:
Red Vines wrote:
cgf wrote:At least we no longer have to watch guys like Crawford, ZBo and Marbury chuck away knowing our team is being built around them.

I'd rather watch Jamal and ZBo than anyone we have right now.

Put down the crack pipe.

Not to build around, to watch.
Brunson2Spencer
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by Brunson2Spencer » Thu Nov 5, 2009 3:50 am

Red Vines wrote:

Watch what? They were worse than this. Crawford doing crossover 3's and walking out of bounds with the ball and Randolph pulling shooting from everywhere on the court. It was awful. I'd rather see Gallinari get a shot here and there on this team because with those guys he'd never get one pass ever.
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#23 » by TheBluest » Thu Nov 5, 2009 3:54 am

Brunson2Spencer wrote:
TheBluest wrote:

If we knew this was going to be 2yrs of my Motto then we should have cleared the roster of Utter Garbage in yr one for whatever even if we took back less or nothing as long as we kept our 2 main pieces Gallo and Chandler. That way we'd be a yr ahead at evaluating and possibly finding a steal or gem in a throwaway player. Nope we went let's try and get that 8-10th range worth of roster and improperly develop our young players because they have to share with guys filling up half the roster in expirings.

Brilliant.

Like I said before the season started we would be worse than last yr which is interesting because I'm sure most here expect Gallo and Chandler to makes leaps and bounds and don't dare trade a Chandler for a Lottery Pick(5) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well Knick fans always overrated their young players. Gallo will be good. But Chandler? He never impressed me. He has Eddy Curry's basketball IQ out there. He can't think fast enough for this system. He's worth a mid-round pick at best now. Top 5? LOL @ that.

Wasn't Chandler requested for when Wash was trading their 5th pick during the draft and WALSHED UP was heralded a genius for turning it down?

Now I see fans being overly critical of Chandler this yr in order to hype up Gallo when actually Chandler has been steady(body of work both sides of the ball).

So which is it when it comes to our fans? It's so comical. It doesn't matter if it's Lee, Chandler, Nate when it comes time to talk about their game and compare them amongst the leagues best it's

Nate>Mo Williams
Lee>Aldridge(yes fans were saying this last yr and this yr)
Chandler>5th pick of 2009 draft

But when it came time to pay Lee...Don't go over $7mil....when it came time to pay Nate Don't go over $5mil....when it comes to this season critical eye for everything Chandler does and it's always with a back drop of trying to build up Gallo...

Go look at what Aldridge got paid(maybe should have got paid) Go look at what Mo Williams is making(maybe should be making) and review the trade rumored this summer and make all of it match up equally if you even can(not calling you out personally but you get my point)
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,593

Post#24 » by Red Vines » Thu Nov 5, 2009 3:55 am

Brunson2Spencer wrote:
Red Vines wrote:

Watch what? They were worse than this. Crawford doing crossover 3's and walking out of bounds with the ball and Randolph pulling shooting from everywhere on the court. It was awful. I'd rather see Gallinari get a shot here and there on this team because with those guys he'd never get one pass ever.

Guess how many 3's ZBo has taken this season? 0. He was given the greenlight here. Unlike Lee, he didn't just show up, he was out there to win. And Crawford was inconsistent but always capable of something spectacular--like 50 pt games.
Brunson2Spencer
Banned User

Post#25 » by Brunson2Spencer » Thu Nov 5, 2009 4:04 am

TheBluest wrote:
Brunson2Spencer wrote:
TheBluest wrote:

If we knew this was going to be 2yrs of my Motto then we should have cleared the roster of Utter Garbage in yr one for whatever even if we took back less or nothing as long as we kept our 2 main pieces Gallo and Chandler. That way we'd be a yr ahead at evaluating and possibly finding a steal or gem in a throwaway player. Nope we went let's try and get that 8-10th range worth of roster and improperly develop our young players because they have to share with guys filling up half the roster in expirings.

Brilliant.

Like I said before the season started we would be worse than last yr which is interesting because I'm sure most here expect Gallo and Chandler to makes leaps and bounds and don't dare trade a Chandler for a Lottery Pick(5) :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well Knick fans always overrated their young players. Gallo will be good. But Chandler? He never impressed me. He has Eddy Curry's basketball IQ out there. He can't think fast enough for this system. He's worth a mid-round pick at best now. Top 5? LOL @ that.

Wasn't Chandler requested for when Wash was trading their 5th pick during the draft and WALSHED UP was heralded a genius for turning it down?

Now I see fans being overly critical of Chandler this yr in order to hype up Gallo when actually Chandler has been steady(body of work both sides of the ball).

So which is it when it comes to our fans? It's so comical. It doesn't matter if it's Lee, Chandler, Nate when it comes time to talk about their game and compare them amongst the leagues best it's

Nate>Mo Williams
Lee>Aldridge(yes fans were saying this last yr and this yr)
Chandler>5th pick of 2009 draft

But when it came time to pay Lee...Don't go over $7mil....when it came time to pay Nate Don't go over $5mil....when it comes to this season critical eye for everything Chandler does and it's always with a back drop of trying to build up Gallo...

Go look at what Aldridge got paid(maybe should have got paid) Go look at what Mo Williams is making(maybe should be making) and review the trade rumored this summer and make all of it match up equally if you even can(not calling you out personally but you get my point)

I would debate with you sir but I'm watching the Yankees. I'll get back to you later.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#26 » by mjhp911 » Thu Nov 5, 2009 5:54 am

Coming into the season, I had realistic expectations. No championship, no homecourt advantage, just hoped that we would be an average team and possibly sneak into the playoffs.

Realistic?! Are you defecating me?
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#27 » by kosmovitelli » Thu Nov 5, 2009 5:59 am

I'm pissed off

Well you can be ! We're 1-4 and it could easily be 4-1 !
We should have at least two more wins (Bobcats and Pacers) and a winning record.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#28 » by TheBluest » Thu Nov 5, 2009 6:03 am

kosmovitelli wrote:
I'm pissed off

Well you can be ! We're 1-4 and it could easily be 4-1 !
We should have at least two more wins (Bobcats and Pacers) and a winning record.

Bad teams produce 1-4 records. Every bad team could say they should have or could have but bad teams don't it's just that simple. Especially since a couple of these games will probably be the easiest we'll ever play on the yr.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#29 » by StutterStep » Thu Nov 5, 2009 6:48 am

Huey Freeman wrote:It would help you to be a NBA fan this season rather than a Knicks fan this season.

Take time to watch the games around the league and appreciate young talent and good coaching; have NO expectations of this Knicks team and you will be alright. This is what I'm doing and I feel great even though this team is wet sh%t.

Marbury told you all D'Antoni can't coach. :lol:

The problem with most posters is that they don't watch any other team but the Knicks...
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#30 » by TheBluest » Thu Nov 5, 2009 6:50 am

StutterStep wrote:
Huey Freeman wrote:It would help you to be a NBA fan this season rather than a Knicks fan this season.

Take time to watch the games around the league and appreciate young talent and good coaching; have NO expectations of this Knicks team and you will be alright. This is what I'm doing and I feel great even though this team is wet sh%t.

Marbury told you all D'Antoni can't coach. :lol:

The problem with most posters is that they don't watch any other team but the Knicks...

So True
crazyemo
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#31 » by crazyemo » Thu Nov 5, 2009 6:55 am

u should be more pissed that our lotto pick goes to jazz. thanks to mr small dick isiah thomas.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#32 » by StutterStep » Thu Nov 5, 2009 6:58 am

crazyemo wrote:u should be more pissed that our lotto pick goes to jazz. thanks to mr small dick isiah thomas.

I don't live in that world because as an astute bball fan I know that when future draft picks are lotto, it is the current coach and administration who are failing to do their part. Heck, why should Walsh/MikeD care -- the pick being high gets blamed on Isiah. Meanwhile we're sitting here Waiting For Godot...
...I mean Lebron.
crazyemo
Banned User

Post#33 » by crazyemo » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:05 am

u don't care we lost a lotto pick cause of thomas's stupid trade. and if i remember correctly, the trade involved the man in ur box.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#34 » by StutterStep » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:08 am

I know fans want to harp on a trade that took place in January 2004, as if forgetting the first pick that went out was #15 (Kirk Snyder, right?).

So 5 years later, if the pick is less than #15, you want me to hang it in the GM who was fired 2 drafts before this pick is being made? Yeah OK!
crazyemo
Banned User

Post#35 » by crazyemo » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:09 am

god hates us knicks fans. even if we get lebron, jeffries will convince him to play the jeffries way. eddy curry will hang out with lebron at McDonald's. nate will dunk on lebron's head. duhon will dish his assist at lebron's balls. marbury will tell lebron to get in stutterstep's box.
Brunson2Spencer
Banned User

Post#36 » by Brunson2Spencer » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:36 am

StutterStep wrote:I know fans want to harp on a trade that took place in January 2004, as if forgetting the first pick that went out was #15 (Kirk Snyder, right?).

So 5 years later, if the pick is less than #15, you want me to hang it in the GM who was fired 2 drafts before this pick is being made? Yeah OK!

Uh, yeah. Because when the GM was fired he left behind an utter catastrophe. Something that cannot be fixed in a year and a half. Now I know you think things can be done quickly since Isiah did managed to destroy the Knicks in less than 2 seasons but that doesn't happen too often. Your boy was one of a kind. He came in, wrecked the franchise, collected his paycheck and now is somewhere losing games for a no-name university.

Donnie Walsh hasn't had much to work with, despite how much you will overrated garbage like Crawford and Randolph in your next post. He did the right moves to get under the cap. Trading garbage for expiring garbage and expecting to win is silly. Is the Knicks plan bad? No. If they don't sign LeBron, is it bad? No. If they don't sign anyone, is it bad? No. Why? Because the Knicks actually have a plan, whereas before it was just a whole cluster of irrational moves with no real rhyme or reason. You're gonna say this plan sucks. I'm gonna say it doesn't. Why? Because the Knicks will have assets.

They don't sign anyone? Sign and trade Lee and/or Nate for someone. Or re-sign them. Nobody will give them the money they want.

Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries will be expiring contracts this summer. In the economy, that's valuable. They can be traded.

Wilson Chandler, although highlight overrated, could still net you a pick. A lottery pick? Doubt it but, hey, a pick is a pick.

Furthermore, scrubs like Duhon and Hughes will be shown the door regardless what happens this summer. That alone will make the Knicks better. Hopefully the same goes for Al Harrington as well.

I can be patient. I've been patient all these years. Unfortunately I knew about the Isiah con in 2005 so I was basically pissed for the subsequent years. Sadly, you're still somewhere on the Isiah bandwagon, quietly throwing in some defense in between some criticism of the new regime. Even after all the losing, harassments, trades, signings, coaching decisions and stupid laughs, you followed him till the end. I'll give you credit for that but that doesn't mean it's smart. No, not at all. Goodnight and good luck.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#37 » by StutterStep » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:40 am

Brunson2Spencer wrote:Uh, yeah.

You will get it one day...hopefully.
Brunson2Spencer
Banned User

Post#38 » by Brunson2Spencer » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:55 am

Great reply. Such an amazing one. Now I know how you reached over 20,000 posts with such sheer brilliance. I'm gonna start the same routine and I'll hopefully reach that milestone as well.
Canomad
Banned User
And1: 69

Post#39 » by Canomad » Thu Nov 5, 2009 8:12 am

dont the jazz own your 1st round pick this year? what happens if you guys win 25 games and get a top 3 pick that isnt yours and no lebron?
Brunson2Spencer
Banned User

Post#40 » by Brunson2Spencer » Thu Nov 5, 2009 8:18 am

Canomad wrote:dont the jazz own your 1st round pick this year? what happens if you guys win 25 games and get a top 3 pick that isnt yours and no lebron?

Yeah, they do. That's too bad. Unfortunately this pick was traded 5 years ago so it's old news. We can't do anything about it. Sitting here and complaining wont change the situation.

Now to answer your question, if that happened, I would hire you as GM and let you make that decision.

Return to New York Knicks